Practicing martial arts

• Thread starter Thread starter ccav
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fascinating. My husband is a green belt in Kobudo and Goju karate, and takes tai chi. He wants to become a sensei, which in his MA organization requires at least second dan in weapons and karate, and becoming a master of tai chi. His instructor is fifth dan.

I’ll point him towards this thread.

Can people take out the exercise and leave the false spirituality out of martial arts? I suppose it is possible… but experience has proven otherwise. Amazing how many Catholics are seduced with new age without realizing they have been duped. It all starts out this way: How could this be harmful? Or I know better. Are these healthy for our bodies? Perhaps they are. But are they healthy for our immortal souls? Not likely.

That is why the Budo martial arts and Karate-do are a representative part of this spirituality, that points, through training and practice, to the most shotokai.com/ingles/filosofia/whowill.html

on a ten-dan system, the process one goes through is very similar to that in karate. **… **The fifth level stresses spirituality and channeling the universe within.

www.shotokai.com/ingles/interviews/karaaiki.html

Tai-Chi Qigong (Chee-kung) and Spirituality. by Debby Bruck. Tai-Chi philosophy brings meaning into our lives, inspiring feelings of spirituality.

innerchangemag.com/bruck-taichi.htm

My 9 y.o. and I both do Shotokan Karate…our club works through the Park Districts throughout northeastern IL…cheaper that way! Never has anything resembling even meditation come up.(The Park Dist. yoga class started getting weird in a New Age-y way and I ran as fast as I could!)

We’ve worked with several different senseis and the self discipline has been good. I’m 45 and I look forward to competing in my first tournament this winter (sparring – what a hoot!) There is nothing that is in any way contrary to my faith. Knowing one or two people more Catholic than the Popde, I would have been told long before now! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back