Pray the Rosary everyday:

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brady01
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray the rosary everyday. It has changed my life. It helped me to become more stong with the lord and his mother. Thank you for this forum 😃
 
I’m still praying the rosary. But is there any other ways which one may be able to become more closer to bless virgin Mary other than the rosary ??? 🙂
 
Christians live to become closer to Jesus, not to Mary. Jesus is our life and our all.

Marian devotions can include the Rosary, various prayers, wearing the Miraculous Medal, Brown Scapular, consecration to Jesus through Mary - just to name a few devotions.
 
I’m still praying the rosary. But is there any other ways which one may be able to become more closer to bless virgin Mary other than the rosary ??? 🙂
St. Louis De Montfort’s book entitled “True Devotion to Mary” is a classic.
 
Some of my favorite works on Christ and Mary. 😛 Remember, going through Mary to Christ is something practiced by some of the greatest of saints and Popes such as His Holiness Pope John Paul II and St. Maximilian Kolbe.

Online Adoration of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament louisville-catholic.net/WebCameras/AdorationChapel/tabid/825/Default.aspx
True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin fisheaters.com/totalconsecrationmontfort.html
**Secret of the Rosary ** montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html
Reflections on True Devotion to Mary by His Holiness Pope John Paul II http://www.michaeljournal.org/montfort.htm
**The Glories of Mary, ** by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, one of the 33 Doctors of the Catholic Church, explains Hail Holy Queen http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/glories.htm
On the Dolors of Mary by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, one of the 33 Doctors of the Catholic Church, explains the sufferings of Our Lady http://writer.zoho.com/public/immaculate/Seven-dolors
Marialis Cultus (Apostolic Exhortation for the Right Ordering and Development of Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary of His Holiness, February 2, 1974 by His Holiness Pope Paul VI ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/P6MARIAL.HTM
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus en.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#FIRST_POINT._.E2.80.94_The_ardent_desire_Jesus_Christ_feels_to_be_with_us.
Divine Mercy Chaplet ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm
Rosary Confraternity Enrollment rosary-center.org/nconform.htm (As Pope Leo XIII said in his encyclical on the Confraternity, *“Whenever a person fulfills his obligation of reciting the Rosary according to the rule of the Confraternity, he includes in his intentions all its members and they render him the same service many times over.” * Each member includes deceased fellow members as well; and thus he knows that in turn he will be included in the prayers of hundreds of thousands both now and hereafter.
Cathechism of the Catholic Church vatican.va/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm
Litany of Humility ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/humility.htm
**Litany of the Blessed Virgin ** intermirifica.org/Mary/marylitany.htm
**Cathechis of the Popes on Mary, Mother of God, ** catechesisofthepopes.wikispaces.com/Mary
Mystical City of God themostholyrosary.com/mystical-city.htm
In Defense of The City of God Mystica Civitate Dei: dailycatholic.org/issue/05Jun/jun10tim.htm - to summarize the research of three priests on the official decision of the Holy Roman Catholic Church regarding The Mystical City of God by Venerable Mary of Jesus of Agreda and to ascertain thereby whether it is permitted for anyone of any authority whatsoever to forbid the reading of this extraordinary book.
The Way of the Cross by St. Josemaria Escriva escrivaworks.org/book/the_way_of_the_cross-point-4.htm
Rosarium Virginis Mariae by His Holiness Pope John Paul II: To the Bishops, Clergy, and Faithful on the Most Holy Rosary vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_20021016_rosarium-virginis-mariae_en.html
The Violence of Love by Archbishop Oscar Romero plough.com/ebooks/ViolenceOfLove.html
Divine Office universalis.com/lauds.htm

Polish Saint Maximilian Maria studied philosophy, theology, mathematics, and physics as a college student, before earning a doctorate in philosophy and a doctorate in theology in Rome, while suffering from tuberculosis. He became a priest, changed his name to Maria from Kolbe to venerate the Immaculate Heart of Mary, sheltered 2,000 Jews in his friary during the Holocaust, and when taken to the Auschwitz concentration camp offered to die in place of another man since that man had family and he did not as an abstinent fiar. During his time in the cell, he led the men in songs and prayer. Finally, after three weeks of dehydration and starvation, he was injected with carbolic acid and died. He is reported on the Jewish Virtual Library as Righteous Among the Nations. It shows that no matter how dire the situation God can continue to strengthen us. jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/Kolbe.html.He founded Slaves of the Immaculata, www.consecration.com. More information: acatholiclife.blogspot.com/2005/09/st-maximilian-kolbe.html
 
St. Louis Mary de Montfort also wrote, The Secret of the Rosary, which explains the origin and name, prayers, mysteries, marvelous effects, proper dispositions, ways to combat distractions and pray the Rosary effectively, and Confraternities (so you can have the benefit of other people’s Rosaries as well) of the Most Holy Rosary.

Someone once wrote of this book, *“Possibly the finest book ever written about the Rosary; appeals to all ages. Shows the great spiritual power of the Rosary, which is appreciated by few.” *Pope John Paul II was also consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary in the method of St. Louis Mary de Montfort in True Devotion to Mary. St. Padre Pio, who said, “The Rosary is The WEAPON”, said as many as 90 rosaries a day in a special form for which he received ecclesiastical permission. Father Thomas Euteneur, President of Human Life International, cites this in The Rosary Batters the Gates of Hell hli.org/sl_2008-10-03.html
 
I still don’t completely understand the meditation part of the rosary. Although I’ve been praying it for a while now, I’m not sure if I’m doing it exactly quote, unquote “right”.

-I’ve heard in order to meditate just basically imagine the mystery playing itself out in your head like a movie. I hope that’s the way to do it. Can you guys confirm this?

-And if the above is true why is it called meditation when its really just imagination? Does meditation have some component that imagination doesn’t? Is there something missing when I simply think praying the rosay is simply a “movie in my head”(mind you, a good movie)?

-Also, maybe its just because I’m not up to date with my scripture, but where’s Mary? I know with some mysteries she’s obviously there(joyful, wedding at Cana), but for a good deal of them, she’s not. I thought a prayer devoted to her would have more of her in it?

-Related to the above, how great of a focus should there be of Mary in relation to Jesus?

-I know some people use a scripture verse before heading into a decade and just meditate on that the whole time. If we’re going by the movie metaphor for meditation, I don’t understand how one could meditate on a single line or so of scripture for 10 Hail Mary’s?

-I’ve read that meditation engages the emotion. But is it okay if I don’t feel anything at all while praying the Rosary?

-And I just looked recently on this site: rickmk.com/rmk/Cath/meditation.html , that you should put yourself in the meditation itself and interact with the people there. This is news to me, but I’m not sure if I should do this. Seems sort of strange.
 
I still don’t completely understand the meditation part of the rosary. Although I’ve been praying it for a while now, I’m not sure if I’m doing it exactly quote, unquote “right”.
-I’ve heard in order to meditate just basically imagine the mystery playing itself out in your head like a movie. I hope that’s the way to do it. Can you guys confirm this?
-And if the above is true why is it called meditation when its really just imagination? Does meditation have some component that imagination doesn’t? Is there something missing when I simply think praying the rosay is simply a “movie in my head”(mind you, a good movie)?
-Also, maybe its just because I’m not up to date with my scripture, but where’s Mary? I know with some mysteries she’s obviously there(joyful, wedding at Cana), but for a good deal of them, she’s not. I thought a prayer devoted to her would have more of her in it?
-Related to the above, how great of a focus should there be of Mary in relation to Jesus?
-I know some people use a scripture verse before heading into a decade and just meditate on that the whole time. If we’re going by the movie metaphor for meditation, I don’t understand how one could meditate on a single line or so of scripture for 10 Hail Mary’s?
-I’ve read that meditation engages the emotion. But is it okay if I don’t feel anything at all while praying the Rosary?
-And I just looked recently on this site: rickmk.com/rmk/Cath/meditation.html , that you should put yourself in the meditation itself and interact with the people there. This is news to me, but I’m not sure if I should do this. Seems sort of strange.
I would like to learn more about this too. I don’t think I know how to do it exactly right either. I’m going to try to pray it everyday. Anyways, can anyone please give a good explanation on how we are to meditate on the mysteries? thank you
 
Bumpity bump bump bump!

Although I don’t pray it nearly as often as I should (although I do pray the Hours…), I definitely love this devotion.

Pray the Rosary Daily!
 
I decided to pray the rosary everyday for Lent and now that I have started I don’t imagine that I will stop once Lent is over. It brings me great peace and clarity on certain issues that trouble me.
 
I decided to pray the rosary everyday for Lent and now that I have started I don’t imagine that I will stop once Lent is over. It brings me great peace and clarity on certain issues that trouble me.
You are doing the right thing praying the rosary :).With more people praying the rosary. Will result in work peace 🙂
 
Did anyone find this forum useful ??. I found it useful anyway 😃
I take that as a NO ??.

Everyone join us with our rosary. And say 1/5 rosary parts for people with cancer and that the god may grant a full cure for all cancer’s category.

Anyone joining in with me ??🙂
 
I take that as a NO ??
Becuase no one wants to answer my question

And I repeat,
I still don’t completely understand the meditation part of the rosary. Although I’ve been praying it for a while now, I’m not sure if I’m doing it exactly quote, unquote “right”.
-I’ve heard in order to meditate just basically imagine the mystery playing itself out in your head like a movie. I hope that’s the way to do it. Can you guys confirm this?
-And if the above is true why is it called meditation when its really just imagination? Does meditation have some component that imagination doesn’t? Is there something missing when I simply think praying the rosay is simply a “movie in my head”(mind you, a good movie)?
-Also, maybe its just because I’m not up to date with my scripture, but where’s Mary? I know with some mysteries she’s obviously there(joyful, wedding at Cana), but for a good deal of them, she’s not. I thought a prayer devoted to her would have more of her in it?
-Related to the above, how great of a focus should there be of Mary in relation to Jesus?
-I know some people use a scripture verse before heading into a decade and just meditate on that the whole time. If we’re going by the movie metaphor for meditation, I don’t understand how one could meditate on a single line or so of scripture for 10 Hail Mary’s?
-I’ve read that meditation engages the emotion. But is it okay if I don’t feel anything at all while praying the Rosary?
-And I just looked recently on this site: rickmk.com/rmk/Cath/meditation.html , that you should put yourself in the meditation itself and interact with the people there. This is news to me, but I’m not sure if I should do this. Seems sort of strange.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top