President Reagan

• Thread starter Thread starter mkw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
PilgrimJWT:
I don’t know about any “opportunities” he had to become a Catholic, however.
He was exposed extensively to catholicism. For example, at least one of his speechwriters was Catholic: Peggy Noonan. Resistance to grace is an error. I say that with some trepidation because none of us is perfect and there is all some extent to which we resist grace. This is one thing we’ll learn if we’re lucky enough to get to Purgatory. However, why really does one fail even to arrive at a meaningful exploration of a religion to which one is extensively exposed? And why reject it, if it is explored? I would be very worried that it would have something to do with pride and with not wanting to really accept that we’re sinners who need to apologize for our sins. It’s all good and well to say “I’ll apologize directly to God” but that’s not what God wants, as the Catholic faith makes clear.

Mr. Reagan’s life on this earth is beyond changing. May he rest in peace. Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him.

By the merits of Our Lord Jesus Christ, may we all be granted mercy, now and at our deaths.

40.png
csr:
He was exposed extensively to catholicism. For example, at least one of his speechwriters was Catholic: Peggy Noonan. Resistance to grace is an error.
Certainly Reagan was “exposed” to Catholicism in the sense that he knew Catholics. But it is an enormous jump (one I would never dare take) to assert that Reagan received the “grace” to accept Catholicism and rejected it.
I have been “exposed” extensively to Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and any number of other religions, but that does not mean I believed that any of them were true. Be CAREFUL when you make such assertions!

jeffreedy789 said:
‘the evil that men do lives after them… the good is oft interred with their bones.’

Ahhh…it’s so nice to see another Shakespeare lover (or at least quoter–from Julius Caesar, right?) on these forums…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back