R
RidgeSprinter
Guest
Just follow his tweet and his speeches everyday is all it takes.That’s false. Also, I’d like to hear these examples.
Just follow his tweet and his speeches everyday is all it takes.That’s false. Also, I’d like to hear these examples.
That would too bad, because dissenting opinions are valuable.If Biden wins, CAF will probably be relieved of my presence
If Biden wins, there will surely be a window of time during which dissent is still possible. But after the experience of seeing the politicization of so many federal agencies in the last administration and the results of it, I don’t expect it to last. Repubs have already pretty much “joined the club” with the Dems, and they certainly will if they’re afraid they’ll be the next Flynns or Sessions if they don’t. I suspect politics will become extremely uninteresting.That would too bad, because dissenting opinions are valuable.
I would expect a Biden administration to submit U.S. citizens to international bodies much more than at present. It will be true of the economy as well because the Paris Accords will be adopted, with the result that fracking will be outlawed and we’ll be paying “CO2 taxes” to third world dictators while China has no limitations on energy use. I do feel fortunate, however, in living not terribly far from the Anadarko Basin. Back during the Carter energy drought, we had plenty of gas and gasoline while Yankees froze in the dark because the big pipelines to the upper midwest go through here.Then there is the first degree murder charge for the assassination of Qassem Soleimani which might be pursued in an international court.
I think you are too pessimistic, but it is not my job try to change you. There will be some economic hardship around the corner, because of the irresponsible tax changes introduced by Trump. The national debt has skyrocketed. And only the big corporations benefited from it, spending their windfall on buying back their stock. I am an economist and a libertarian, and I cringed at the wanton spending changes.If Biden wins, there will surely be a window of time during which dissent is still possible. But after the experience of seeing the politicization of so many federal agencies in the last administration and the results of it, I don’t expect it to last. Repubs have already pretty much “joined the club” with the Dems, and they certainly will if they’re afraid they’ll be the next Flynns or Sessions if they don’t. I suspect politics will become extremely uninteresting.
No, and I appreciate your solicitude, but I expect to have no freedom of speech fairly shortly after a Biden election, for all the reasons.
Actually, I didn’t. I have always been a friend of a reasonably robust level of inflation; just short of having to do a Volker. A reasonable degree of inflation is a great aid to someone trying to acquire a reasonable level of productive, inheritable assets (per Rerum Novarum).I think you are too pessimistic, but it is not my job try to change you. There will be some economic hardship around the corner, because of the irresponsible tax changes introduced by Trump. The national debt has skyrocketed. And only the big corporations benefited from it, spending their windfall on buying back their stock. I am an economist and a libertarian, and I cringed at the wanton spending changes.
Likely there were plenty of Germans who said they weren’t “anti-Jewish”, just “pro-German”. And I don’t actually ask anyone to take me seriously. It’s enough for me that I and my family actually try to live according to the teachings of the Church.But it is bad form to call the other side to be pro-abortion, when they are simply pro-choice. This kind of distortion makes your side unworthy to be taken seriously.
Not really. In their eyes they are the true Catholics and you are the ultra-orthodox. And there is no way to find a common ground. But you call them CINO’s and that is not helpful for a conversation.My religion? You forget that the DNC people support dissident “Catholic” organizations who subvert the faith?
That is a very bad analogy. Most of the Germans were against the Nazis, they were just afraid for their lives. If the skinheads would gain power, I would be scared, too.Likely there were plenty of Germans who said they weren’t “anti-Jewish”, just “pro-German”.
No one “likes” abortion. I have never heard of a woman, who purposefully got pregnant, just so that she could have an abortion. The problem with your side is that you insist on abstinence (periodical or total) if people do not want to get pregnant. That is an irrational expectation. Not even the members of the clergy live according to this principle. The way to talk to these people is to strongly endorse artificial birth control as long as they do not want to procreate. It is a fact that even the overwhelming majority of Catholics disagrees with you. People want sex - pretty much every day, and may want to procreate 2 or 3 times in their life. As long as the church does not accommodate this attitude, it will lose followers… people will become CINO’s.I was always a Dem, but left the party because of its devotion to abortion.
All a Democrat congress will have to do is change the statute. And even if he pardoned himself, the Democrats can bring all kinds of false state charges against him. I imagine he knows all of that. I don’t know how he wouldn’t. He’s facing years of prosecution, no matter what.He will do whatever he can to run down the statute of limitation, because he knows that otherwise he will be buried under a landslide of lawsuits.
But they like the money, which is what Planned Parenthood gives the Democrats from the tax money the Democrats give Planned Parenthood. There would be some who imagine they’re helping get rid of “undesirables” with abortion. But perhaps most important would be the fact that people sometimes find evil alluring and find reasons to justify it when the evil itself is the attraction. There was plenty of that manifested in the 20th Century.No one “likes” abortion
Even if it was true, so what? Morality isn’t always popular, and majority opinion won’t save anyone from an eternity in hell.It is a fact that even the overwhelming majority of Catholics disagrees with you.
I agree with you, Rubee, but do you really think any of the more serious Trump haters even here on CAF care about precedent? They simply want Trump in jail and don’t care how they do it. One is reminded of St. Thomas More’s exchange with Richard Rich in “Man for All Seasons”.I think it would be a very bad precedent to prosecute Trump or fail to pardon him.
False? Are you now the arbiter of what is true and what is false?And even if he pardoned himself, the Democrats can bring all kinds of false state charges against him.
What is evil? And even if some women choose abortion for their own reasons, it STILL does not mean that they “like” abortions.But perhaps most important would be the fact that people sometimes find evil alluring and find reasons to justify it when the evil itself is the attraction.
So what? It shows that the ultra-orthodox people are out of touch with reality. And this “eternity in hell” could use some actual evidence, because it sure sounds like a bogey-man to scare the small children.Even if it was true, so what? Morality isn’t always popular, and majority opinion won’t save anyone from an eternity in hell.
On the contrary, it would send the horrible message to the next authoritarian “dictator-to-be” that if you have the power, then anything goes, that you are above the law, and you cannot be touched. It is ridiculous to say that a president should be allowed to run amok - just because he is president. Crooks and criminals MUST be put to justice, otherwise we can become a new North Korea.I think it would be a very bad precedent to prosecute Trump or fail to pardon him.
Sure they do. The precedent they wish to avoid is that presidents are above the law.I agree with you, Rubee, but do you really think any of the more serious Trump haters even here on CAF care about precedent?
And you think when the next Republican wins, they won’t go after Obama, the Clintons, or Biden? Even Bush? Or do you really believe they did nothing prosecutable? You guys are busy digging your own graves as a nation. This is exactly how seeds of later civil wars are sown; with hubris. I hope for your own sakes, you calm down and realize there’s life after Trump. Just get him out of office and move on to your next Head of State who may be more refined than Trump but not that much better in morals.On the contrary, it would send the horrible message to the next authoritarian “dictator-to-be” that if you have the power, then anything goes, that you are above the law, and you cannot be touched. It is ridiculous to say that a president should be allowed to run amok - just because he is president. Crooks and criminals MUST be put to justice, otherwise we can become a new North Korea.
I bet they will.And you think when the next Republican wins, they won’t go after Obama, the Clintons, or Biden?
Getting rid of criminals in high places is the way to create a better environment.You guys are busy digging your own graves as a nation.
Hopefully so. But to repair all the damage that Trump did our reputation will be long, uphill battle.I hope for your own sakes, you calm down and realize there’s life after Trump.
Trump is a foul-mouth. That’s the only thing “worse” he has done. Almost everything else wrong in your country was there before Trump became president and will be there under Biden. Trump, at least, has not started an unnecessary war with a death-toll of millions. I think it the height of hypocrisy to consider him some special bad, even among your living presidents.Hopefully so. But repair all the damage that Trump did our reputation will be long, uphill battle.
You are wrong. Being an uncouth, nekulturny bully is not the worst he has done. Alienating our allies, sucking up to autocrats is infinitely worse.Trump is a foul-mouth. That’s the only thing “worse” he has done. Almost everything else wrong in your country was there before Trump became president and will be there under Biden.
Who really has been alienated? And please, no more of this Russiagate nonsense, for the love of God. It’s a transparent conspiracy theory. Why did you not consider Obama’s deal with Iran evil? You have presidents who allied with Stalin and all sorts of dictators all over your history.Alienating our allies, sucking up to autocrats is infinitely worse.
Of course not. But “Russia Collusion” was false, so what’s the reason to expect better of the Democrats than that?False? Are you now the arbiter of what is true and what is false?
Ha! You mean the “bitter clingers”; the “irredeemables”, the ones who need to “change their religion” to accommodate abortion? Those people? And it’s not “ultra orthodox”. It’s just “orthodox” to follow the teachings of the Church. But I realize the DNC regards the catholic Church as “backward” and “medieval”, so I guess the Democrat party will not give up its anti-Catholicism any time soon.It shows that the ultra-orthodox people are out of touch with reality. And this “eternity in hell” could use some actual evidence, because it sure sounds like a bogey-man to scare the small children.
The word “collusion” is inapplicable. There was no formal quid-pro-quo, but the lack of formal agreement does not invalidate the actual facts. The Russians succeeded in interfering with our election, and Trump explicitly asked their help in the next one. When a new law was introduced to prevent the next interference, the republicans and Trump torpedoed the attempt.But “Russia Collusion” was false, so what’s the reason to expect better of the Democrats than that?
No, I am talking about the ones who keep threatening others with eternal flames - without one iota of evidence. Abortions are here and will be here. The only rational solution is to try to minimize them. And that can be achieved by preventing unwanted pregnancies. And that would require encouraging artificial birth control. Also making the procedure more foolproof. To keep on talking about periodic abstinence only shows that the church is really out of touch with reality. Not even the catholic people follow this “rule”.Ha! You mean the “bitter clingers”; the “irredeemables”, the ones who need to “change their religion” to accommodate abortion?
So what? If you feel to be oppressed, call upon the ACLU, and they will help with your legal problems, if and when they happen. Imagine: “the ACLU”! Ironic or what.But I realize the DNC regards the catholic Church as “backward” and “medieval”, so I guess the Democrat party will not give up its anti-Catholicism any time soon.
an obvious joke aimed at HillaryTrump explicitly asked their help in the next one.
Rightly, since it was a cynical act.When a new law was introduced to prevent the next interference, the republicans and Trump torpedoed the attempt.
You follow your religion and I’ll follow mine. But it’s a bit discourteous to come into a Catholic site and denigrate the Catholic Church and its teachings. You don’t go to someone else’s house and start complaining about the curtains.No, I am talking about the ones who keep threatening others with eternal flames - without one iota of evidence. Abortions are here and will be here. The only rational solution is to try to minimize them. And that can be achieved by preventing unwanted pregnancies. And that would require encouraging artificial birth control. Also making the procedure more foolproof. To keep on talking about periodic abstinence only shows that the church is really out of touch with reality. Not even the catholic people follow this “rule”.
You can’t be serious.an obvious joke aimed at Hillary
Again, what evidence do you have for that?Rightly, since it was a cynical act.
I don’t denigrate anything, merely express a different opinion. But to threaten others with “eternal torture” is not a good idea.But it’s a bit discourteous to come into a Catholic site and denigrate the Catholic Church and its teachings.
Please get serious. Democrat and Catholic are not opposites. But here comes a question to you: “are there atheist Catholics?” Or, is the phrase “atheist Catholic” an oxymoron???Some American bishops are more Democrat than they are Catholic