F
Friar_David_O.Carm
Guest
No where in that decree did it state that a priest must wear clerical dress at all times.Hello Brother,
One can interpret the particular law in various ways but there is no doubt that the US Conference of Bishops promulgated a true, binding law: I don’t see how your comment squares with the decree of promulgation, which was quoted in another post. This particular law did receive at least a 2/3 majority and was given approval by the appropriate Roman Congregation. As a member of a religious institute, you have proper law. Secular clerics have their own, which is what was promulgated by the NCCB. I know of no bishop who has his own rules.
Thanks for your time.
Dan
It is being interpreted that way but it does not say that.
I also have not seen the necessary parts (the voting record) nor did I see, in a quick scan, that it was binding.
Be that as it may, it does not require a priest to wear clerical dress on his free time and yes secular priests have free time. They do not work 24/7. Most are not even on-call all the time as they share that responsibility with other priests to allow for down time.