Yes, I am not referring to the Disney stuff so much. I am referring to the relatively new phenomena as you described so well above. It is a presentation of materialism and flashiness.
It’s about “slash and sparkle” but little substance. This Princess none sense, I see, as the training ground for the sexualization that comes later.
BTW: I like the sound of the decoration of your child’s room.
BTW my three and-a-half year-old does have one princess dress though she wears “fairy wings” along with the dress as a combo. I feel that the “fairy” business is somewhat related to the princess business.
I am a dad if that is of any importance in how folks are taking my post.
I see what you mean. You mean that no amount of money would make you want your daughter to grow up to imitate Paris Hilton. It isn’t the fashions that creep you out,
per se, but the desire to make “being sexy” or “being fabulous” into something like a job. In that case, I think the solution, if she has any interest in “princess” as a career choice

is to let her in on how royalty works in real life. That’s what I meant by noblesse oblige.
IOW, if she wants to be a princess who simply tries on clothes and jewelry all day, you can ask her: "But what do you
do? Rich girls sometimes let themselves be self-centered like that, but real princesses
do things…like the Queen of England. When she was a princess, before she became the Queen, she drove a truck to help out with the war. She helped her dad, the King, lead the people to do what it took to save their country from invaders. After that, she got up in her nice clothes to go to dinners and raise money for hospitals and things, but otherwise, she wears normal clothes. She doesn’t just have nice manners; she is expected to have nicer manners than everyone else. Queen Elizabeth is a very popular queen, and the people love her, but not because of her clothes. It is because she learned from her father, the King, how to be a good person and to put what her people need before what she wants.
Honey, when it comes to* real* princesses, the people don’t like the ones who just want to wear nice clothes or who want other people to wait on them. They want royals who do good things, who lead other people to do good things. That’s what people expect of you, when you have lots of blessings in this life. The one who is given much can wear nice clothes for nice occasions, sure, but clothes or no clothes they are expected to do something good with their blessings. If there is not a nice person on the inside who lives how special she is, the nice clothes on the outside just make people mad at you. You’re special on the inside…you need to live special, not just look special." And let’s face it: She can hardly learn that one too young!