Pro-Homosexual Apologists on CA

  • Thread starter Thread starter blessedtoo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blessedtoo

Guest
Why would these folks come to these forums? I can’t imagine any reason why I would go to a gay forum and try to convert folks to Catholicism. I can understand those who come here for honest and open dialogue, and for information about Catholic teaching, but what about the people who come here to provoke? And why do we take the bait?
 
Why would these folks come to these forums? I can’t imagine any reason why I would go to a gay forum and try to convert folks to Catholicism. I can understand those who come here for honest and open dialogue, and for information about Catholic teaching, but what about the people who come here to provoke? And why do we take the bait?
All I can say is it’s sad.
 
I might go to a gay forum and try to convert people to Catholicism, if I thought I had a decent chance of success. Perhaps some gays who come here hope to convert some of us to agreement with their position.

As for those who come to “provoke”…it’s called Trolling, and it’s a very popular Internet pastime.
 
Why would these folks come to these forums? I can’t imagine any reason why I would go to a gay forum and try to convert folks to Catholicism. I can understand those who come here for honest and open dialogue, and for information about Catholic teaching, but what about the people who come here to provoke? And why do we take the bait?
Let them come. By hearing their arguments we’ll be better prepared to confront these people in the real world.

Know thy enemy 😉
 
If I chose to go on a homosexual forum to glean insight for discussion elsewhere, that might be understandable. But to promote an agenda when not invited, I feel that is counter-productive. Similarly, when folks who wish to stubbornly defend their immoral lifestyles come onto a Catholic forum with no willingness for open and honest debate, I feel it’s intentionally provocative. I can only assume their goal is to convince us (and by doing so, themselves) that it’s acceptable. I’ve seen enough of these threads to know that it’s a dangerous game. There are plenty of Catholics who are confused or uneducated on the matter and I have seen them swayed by the usual talking points. It’s a cause for concern.
 
Let them come. By hearing their arguments we’ll be better prepared to confront these people in the real world.
This is a great point. After awhile, though, it’s really all the same thing. Nothing new under the sun. It gets exhausting.
 
Why would these folks come to these forums? I can’t imagine any reason why I would go to a gay forum and try to convert folks to Catholicism. I can understand those who come here for honest and open dialogue, and for information about Catholic teaching, but what about the people who come here to provoke? And why do we take the bait?
I thought I would way in on this one since many consider me a Pro-homosexual and one eve considered me a homosexual way back in the begging of my adventures on CA.

First you would be surprised on how many Catholics and Christians go on to gay forums, some with good intentions but many with bad intentions. You think you have a problem with trolls here. Oy! you havent seen anythin. Most of those forums are not moderated nearly as good as here. (Way to go Mods:thumbsup: ) One of the reasons some may come to provoke is they honestly feel hated by the christians and one of the loudest sects is of course the Catholic church and instead of being mature and honestly try to open a dialogue, they attack to get back at you. (Yes I realize that you do not hate them, well most of you, there are some I wonder about) PS Calling them the enemy does not help, they are our brothers and sister after all.
Code:
  Which brings me sort of to the point of this answer you both need to start learning each others language and ideas.  You may try to evangilze these people as many of you do but many of you parrot what the CCC says and use Philo/Theo language.  Most people do not understand that language now a days, many of us were not trained in the classical arts.  For example when you say the word nature it is completely different when someone else says nature, and, do not even get me started on natural law.  Also when you do define it you think give a simple definition, however its with more words that have a different meaning then what the usually mean, again confusing the topic.  Even your concepts are different from the rest of the world.   To most of the modern world Marriage=Love, to a Catholic, Marriage=CHILDREN +love. Then that idea gets even more confusing when they ask about infertile couples and the elderly. Yet I digress basically only you can learn there words and embrace there definitions and try to help them to understand yours otherwise as some one else said it "get old" because niether group moves foward.
(Most of this is true for me too Im still honestly trying to figure out what the definition and context of how you use many of your words are, so I can communicate better with you guys about my view points. :o ) If anyone wants to form a group for breaking down the language/concept barrier Im Game.
 
I can’t imagine any reason why I would go to a gay forum and try to convert folks to Catholicism.
I sincerely hope that this statement was just an overreaction on your part and that you actually CAN think of good reasons to try and convert homosexuals to Catholicism. But, in case you can’t, here’s a huge one: TO SAVE SOULS.

Let’s not forget that there’s more to apologetics than argumentation. It’s not about being right, and it’s not about winning arguments. It’s about converting souls to Christ. It’s about glorifying Him. And we should be trying to make disciples of all nations, not just heterosexual ones.
 
First you would be surprised on how many Catholics and Christians go on to gay forums, some with good intentions but many with bad intentions. You think you have a problem with trolls here. Oy! you havent seen anythin. Most of those forums are not moderated nearly as good as here.
Wow! I am surprised! That is enlightening.
One of the reasons some may come to provoke is they honestly feel hated by the christians and one of the loudest sects is of course the Catholic church and instead of being mature and honestly try to open a dialogue, they attack to get back at you.
That is very helpful insight.
PS Calling them the enemy does not help, they are our brothers and sister after all.
Completely agree.
Which brings me sort of to the point of this answer you both need to start learning each others language and ideas. You may try to evangilze these people as many of you do but many of you parrot what the CCC says and use Philo/Theo language. Most people do not understand that language now a days, many of us were not trained in the classical arts. For example when you say the word nature it is completely different when someone else says nature, and, do not even get me started on natural law. Also when you do define it you think give a simple definition, however its with more words that have a different meaning then what the usually mean, again confusing the topic. Even your concepts are different from the rest of the world. To most of the modern world Marriage=Love, to a Catholic, Marriage=CHILDREN +love. Then that idea gets even more confusing when they ask about infertile couples and the elderly. Yet I digress basically only you can learn there words and embrace there definitions and try to help them to understand yours otherwise as some one else said it “get old” because niether group moves foward.
Also very helpful. I know when I returned to the Church after 2 decades, reading about the Church’s teaching on matters sexual was very confusing. Perhaps I need to remind myself of how foreign our concepts are to the modern, secular world.
Thanks for the insights!
 
I** sincerely hope that this statement was just an overreaction on your part and that you actually CAN think of good reasons to try and convert homosexuals to Catholicism. But, in case you can’t, here’s a huge one: TO SAVE SOULS.**
Let’s not forget that there’s more to apologetics than argumentation. It’s not about being right, and it’s not about winning arguments. It’s about converting souls to Christ. It’s about glorifying Him. And we should be trying to make disciples of all nations, not just heterosexual ones.
No, I am comitted to conversion of any sinner, especially fallen-away Catholics. In my particular case, it hits very close to home so the issue of ministry and outreach to homosexuals is mine, whether I want it or not. However, I try to let the Holy Spirit guide me to the teachable moments when my friends and family members are open and willing to listen. It does not seem to me that going onto a forum for homosexuals would be that environment.

You have an excellent point about argumentation and apologetics. I will ponder that and pray on it.
 
Will my heart ever be as big as yours, dear brother in Christ?🙂
Thank you very much, but if your heart is smaller than mine you are in serious trouble. :rotfl:

I seldom act the way I ought, so please do not use me as a guide. Perhaps someday God will find a use for a lowly sinner like me. My hope is that God is far more creative than I am, and will find a way to use me yet.

God Bless,
RyanL
 
Why would these folks come to these forums? I can’t imagine any reason why I would go to a gay forum and try to convert folks to Catholicism. I can understand those who come here for honest and open dialogue, and for information about Catholic teaching, but what about the people who come here to provoke? And why do we take the bait?
I am a believer that the Holy Spirit is whispering to us in our conscience every moment of every day. Based on my own experience, sometimes He even shouts! God loves us perfectly and thus He only desires what is best for us.

If one day, He is able to get somebody struggling with SSA or any other Deadly Sin to log onto CAF, I pray that I’m here that moment to be a further instrument of the Holy Spirit.

I know many on here are sometimes beligerent, defiant and difficult. Rather than assuming they are of ill-intent, I do my very best to try to see it as a cry for help or defense mechansim. Maybe just maybe, something I say is inspired by the Holy Spirit and can be a seed that later leads to their conversion and repenting.

I’ve posted over 1,400 times (not counting the hundreds if not thousand that were lost because of the Crash). While I’ve gotten several “atta boy’s” in the thread or PM’s, the one that made them all worthwhile was one who wrote to me and thanked me for not relenting w/ a beligerant fellow who was condemning Church Teaching as that was her attitude until she carefully reflected on what I was saying. While it wasn’t SSA, it was just as serious a Deadly Sin. Maybe, blessedtoo, you might one day have that effect on a person with SSA if you see not a troublemaker but a fellow human being in trouble. God Bless.
 
I am a believer that the Holy Spirit is whispering to us in our conscience every moment of every day. Based on my own experience, sometimes He even shouts! God loves us perfectly and thus He only desires what is best for us.

If one day, He is able to get somebody struggling with SSA or any other Deadly Sin to log onto CAF, I pray that I’m here that moment to be a further instrument of the Holy Spirit.

I know many on here are sometimes beligerent, defiant and difficult. Rather than assuming they are of ill-intent, I do my very best to try to see it as a cry for help or defense mechansim. Maybe just maybe, something I say is inspired by the Holy Spirit and can be a seed that later leads to their conversion and repenting.

I’ve posted over 1,400 times (not counting the hundreds if not thousand that were lost because of the Crash). While I’ve gotten several “atta boy’s” in the thread or PM’s, the one that made them all worthwhile was one who wrote to me and thanked me for not relenting w/ a beligerant fellow who was condemning Church Teaching as that was her attitude until she carefully reflected on what I was saying. While it wasn’t SSA, it was just as serious a Deadly Sin. Maybe, blessedtoo, you might one day have that effect on a person with SSA if you see not a troublemaker but a fellow human being in trouble. God Bless.
Brilliant! I needed to hear that. God bless you.
 
You think you have a problem with trolls here. Oy! you havent seen anythin. Most of those forums are not moderated nearly as good as here. (Way to go Mods:thumbsup: )

Which brings me sort of to the point of this answer you both need to start learning each others language and ideas. You may try to evangilze these people as many of you do but many of you parrot what the CCC says and use Philo/Theo language. Most people do not understand that language now a days, many of us were not trained in the classical arts. For example when you say the word nature it is completely different when someone else says nature, and, do not even get me started on natural law. Also when you do define it you think give a simple definition, however its with more words that have a different meaning then what the usually mean, again confusing the topic. Even your concepts are different from the rest of the world. To most of the modern world Marriage=Love, to a Catholic, Marriage=CHILDREN +love. Then that idea gets even more confusing when they ask about infertile couples and the elderly. Yet I digress basically only you can learn there words and embrace there definitions and try to help them to understand yours otherwise as some one else said it “get old” because niether group moves foward.
I don’t normally do congratulatory posts, so this is high praise: This has to be the best post I’ve seen on the subject in a long time.
Why would these folks come to these forums? I can’t imagine any reason why I would go to a gay forum and try to convert folks to Catholicism. I can understand those who come here for honest and open dialogue, and for information about Catholic teaching, but what about the people who come here to provoke? And why do we take the bait?
  1. I used to be as hardcore a Catholic as you. I visited these forums from that position.
  2. Over a period of time, I came to a greater understanding of the world. This included me looking authentically at what I believed. I came to redifine a number of my beliefs. I’m of the notion that one ought to conform one’s beliefs and conception of reality to what one can conclude is true. After looking at the evidence authentically, I’ve found the traditional Catholic position on a number of issues to be false.
  3. I’ve tested my thoughts on these forums, over the course of a couple weeks. Hence why many of my posts are heavily critical of the Catholic position.
Does that help explain it? It’s not so much about pursuasion you to conform to my thoughts but about testing my own thoughts.
 
  1. I used to be as hardcore a Catholic as you. I visited these forums from that position.
  2. Over a period of time, I came to a greater understanding of the world. This included me looking authentically at what I believed. I came to redifine a number of my beliefs. I’m of the notion that one ought to conform one’s beliefs and conception of reality to what one can conclude is true. After looking at the evidence authentically, I’ve found the traditional Catholic position on a number of issues to be false…
That’s odd. My story is exactly the opposite. I came to these forums a nominal Catholic (at best), advocating the typical issues – pro-ABC, pro-homosexuality, pro-liberal thinking.

Over a period of time, I have come to a greater understanding of the Faith – I already knew the world (roughly a decade as a worldly sailor). I also came to redefine a number of my beliefs. I’m of the notion that one ought to conform one’s beliefs and conception of reality to what is actually true, and not just my personal preference. This included me looking authentically at what I believed and what the Church taught, and evaluating the incongruity. After looking at the evidence objectively, I’ve found the traditional Catholic position to be far more reasonable, rational and compassionate than anything I encountered in the World’s teaching.

Interesting contrast.

God Bless,
RyanL
 
I don’t normally do congratulatory posts, so this is high praise: This has to be the best post I’ve seen on the subject in a long time.
  1. I used to be as hardcore a Catholic as you. I visited these forums from that position.
  2. Over a period of time, I came to a greater understanding of the world. This included me looking authentically at what I believed. I came to redifine a number of my beliefs. I’m of the notion that one ought to conform one’s beliefs and conception of reality to what one can conclude is true. After looking at the evidence authentically, I’ve found the traditional Catholic position on a number of issues to be false.
  3. I’ve tested my thoughts on these forums, over the course of a couple weeks. Hence why many of my posts are heavily critical of the Catholic position.
Does that help explain it? It’s not so much about pursuasion you to conform to my thoughts but about testing my own thoughts.
I would have to echo RyanL’s response as well. When I arrived at CA, boy, was I ever confused! Having lived the “lifestyle” for so many years, I did not take kindly to my conversion process, whereby I was forced to look at my own personal “truths” versus real, authentic truth. I kicked and screamed, but quietly, or before Our Lord. I kept my mouth closed on these forums for a long time, trying to understand why the Chuch teaches what She does. And I finally got it. Now it’s hard for me to even remember the lies I once told myself.

I do appreciate your response, Exalt. Like RyanL, I do find it interesting that someone could come onto these forums a “hard-core Catholic” and somehow lose their faith. I can understand being turned off by some of the more strident comments and posts that occur periodically, but usually I find them more silly than a distraction from the truth.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top