Pro-Homosexual Apologists on CA

  • Thread starter Thread starter blessedtoo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t normally do congratulatory posts, so this is high praise: This has to be the best post I’ve seen on the subject in a long time.
  1. I used to be as hardcore a Catholic as you. I visited these forums from that position.
  2. Over a period of time, I came to a greater understanding of the world. This included me looking authentically at what I believed. I came to redifine a number of my beliefs. I’m of the notion that one ought to conform one’s beliefs and conception of reality to what one can conclude is true. After looking at the evidence authentically, I’ve found the traditional Catholic position on a number of issues to be false.
  3. I’ve tested my thoughts on these forums, over the course of a couple weeks. Hence why many of my posts are heavily critical of the Catholic position.
Does that help explain it? It’s not so much about pursuasion you to conform to my thoughts but about testing my own thoughts.
I am sorry you have had that experience but you are not alone really. The traditional Catholic teachings have never really changed over the centuries. Homosexuality is a new component of an older teaching therefore there is no reason to expect the Bishops to begin teaching something new. But any authentic teaching by a person in the actual position of teaching needs always to be tempered with charity and mercy. In public places like a forum, the topics get boiled down to the rightness and wrongness of the opinion, or the morality of the person supposedly teaching. It digresses so to speak from the actual teaching. If it is not delivered with mercy and charity, it will not be received with a grateful heart. So, authentic catholic teaching is not what you usually see on a forum, even if the words are correct. What you see are power struggles among the posters, arguments and insults and the person who actually NEEDS to hear the truth is so turned off by how it is delivered, they cannot accept it at all. Happens a lot. Not just in forums either. I suggest you give it another chance, but maybe with a personal study group of people you know well or something like that. And see if the teachings are palatable when delivered lovingly.
 
I don’t normally do congratulatory posts, so this is high praise: This has to be the best post I’ve seen on the subject in a long time.
I agree.
  1. I used to be as hardcore a Catholic as you. I visited these forums from that position.
Me too, but I remain a “hardcore” Catholic.
  1. Over a period of time, I came to a greater understanding of the world. This included me looking authentically at what I believed. I came to redifine a number of my beliefs. I’m of the notion that one ought to conform one’s beliefs and conception of reality to what one can conclude is true. After looking at the evidence authentically, I’ve found the traditional Catholic position on a number of issues to be false.
I agree with this too. Up until the last sentence. The Church is the “Pillar of Truth” as defined in James. Therefore, I went via Truth rather than a constantly changing society with all it’s “morality.”
  1. I’ve tested my thoughts on these forums, over the course of a couple weeks. Hence why many of my posts are heavily critical of the Catholic position.
I.E. “… heavily critical” of the Truth.
Does that help explain it? It’s not so much about pursuasion you to conform to my thoughts but about testing my own thoughts.
Okay, then if you have found that you don’t believe many Church teachings, why “test” it here? Why enter a forum that generally believes the teachings of the Church (because we see her as that pillar mentioned in James) when you already know the position of the Church on such issues? Are you looking to be persuaded? To persuade? To argue? To find fellowship? I’m not trying to debate you on this issue, nor do I want you to leave the forums. Maybe I simply don’t understand what you mean when you say you’re here to test your own thoughts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top