Pro-Life Protesters Arrested for Writing ‘Black Pre-Born Lives Matter’ on Sidewalk

  • Thread starter Thread starter KMC
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, quite an injustice. I hope they get good legal representation.
 
For all the talk of Trump acting like a dictator, I see a lot more activity from the political left that is one-sided and dictatorial.

We can paint Black Lives Matter on a street, but cannot use chalk to do similarly, even with the proper permit?

Again, what message are they afraid of? This is why I roll my eyes when people walk about needing an open-dialogue on race-relations in this country, for example. The people saying that don’t want a dialogue. They want to say their peace, and silence everyone else. So long as that is the pervasive attitude, things will never get better, and it will be their fault.
 
And what is even more concerning is so many people are choosing to vote this type of leadership into office. If they get what they want, God forgive, the freedom of speech they have enjoyed so far, the ability to say whatever is on their minds will be gone. These news anchors like the ones on CNN who are crass and make a living out of mockery will be shut down, and they won’t have the freedom to complain about it. Go to court? Yeah that works. Take a look at the Michael Flynn case and the judge there.

All these folks who plan to vote for Biden just to get rid of Trump need to really put some thought into what happens beyond November 3rd.
 
Ok, I just have to ask this question. I don’t mean to offend anyone but…

Why are the pro life movements concentrating on the reborn black lives specifically? Black aborted babies are aborted by black mothers. Whites aren’t forcing black women to abort. I’m pro life, too but this message doesn’t make sense to me. Is it just to make sure black women realize they are aborting black children? I’m just confused on the focus of black babies vs. Hispanic, Asian and other minorities in order to capitalize on the current BLM movement. Is that what’s going on? Thanks…
 
I’m just confused on the focus of black babies vs. Hispanic, Asian and other minorities in order to capitalize on the current BLM movement. Is that what’s going on? Thanks…
I kind of thought the same thing, and wondered if someone would retort in chalk that “All pre-born lives matter” and what reactions might be to such a response.
 
I’d say you guys will need to ask the folks who started BLM why they self-selected blacks, and seemingly excluded all black lives. I think the pro-life students were reminding people that in addition to black lives mattering, black children in the womb matter too.

Given what the BLM founders believe about other issues, and given what the BLM movement stands for on their website, I’d say it is likely they don’t believe black children in the womb do in fact matter, which would be ironic.

Or, these students simply did this to highlight what they knew the reaction would be; that of rank hypocrisy on what messaging progressives in power will deem acceptable and grant special allowances to. They at least succeeded in that.
 
Last edited:
Ok, I just have to ask this question. I don’t mean to offend anyone but…

Why are the pro life movements concentrating on the reborn black lives specifically? Black aborted babies are aborted by black mothers. Whites aren’t forcing black women to abort. I’m pro life, too but this message doesn’t make sense to me. Is it just to make sure black women realize they are aborting black children? I’m just confused on the focus of black babies vs. Hispanic, Asian and other minorities in order to capitalize on the current BLM movement. Is that what’s going on? Thanks…
Abortion for black babies is disproportionate to population for black Americans.
Black Americans make up 13% of the population, but black babies make up 39% of all abortions. This would fit the definition of “institutional racism.” Planned Parenthood is an institutionally racist organization.
 
I’d say you guys will need to ask the folks who started BLM why they self-selected blacks, and seemingly excluded all black lives. I think the pro-life students were reminding people that in addition to black lives mattering, black children in the womb matter too.

Given what the BLM founders believe about other issues, and given what the BLM movement stands for on their website, I’d say it is likely they don’t believe black children in the womb do in fact matter, which would be ironic.

Or, these students simply did this to highlight what they knew the reaction would be; that of rank hypocrisy on what messaging progressives in power will deem acceptable and grant special allowances to. They at least succeeded in that.
Off-topic - anyone know if “mattering” is actually a word?

I think it is a perfectly cromulent word, but could be misremembering.
 
Last edited:
Abortion for black babies is disproportionate to population for black Americans.
Yes when considering the proportion of black/white ratios of abortions. But it’s 100% of black women aborting black babies. That’s why I don’t think the race card works here.

It’s riding the coattails of BLM and I, personally, don’t think it’s effective. If I’m wrong, then more power to them, but I think a lot of people see it from my view as well.
 
Given what the BLM founders
I think here our perspectives are based on a different premise. The organization by the name BLM was established after the slogan became popular, and the people that head the organization don’t lead the movement.
Off-topic - anyone know if “mattering” is actually a word?
It is a series or morphemes that together express a concept, so yes. Some may interpret this question as “can I find this in a dictionary.” (Dictionaries are usually descriptive instead of prescriptive, but that’s another matter).

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
It is a series or morphemes that together express a concept, so yes. Some may interpret this question as “can I find this in a dictionary.” (Dictionaries are usually descriptive instead of prescriptive, but that’s another matter).
Thank you. I enjoy etymology and grammar discussions far more than most politics.
 
Last edited:
40.png
ThinkingSapien:
It is a series or morphemes that together express a concept, so yes. Some may interpret this question as “can I find this in a dictionary.” (Dictionaries are usually descriptive instead of prescriptive, but that’s another matter).
Thank you. I enjoy etymology and grammar discussions far more than most politics.
You certainly seem to be very gruntled today!
 
Two points: First, because I want to make sure main point of my OP stays alive, is that even if the slogan is ineffective, the pro-life protesters still had the right to write it in chalk, if a different group can use paint on a public street for a different slogan. Bottom line: the DC government needs to be sued.

Second, there is an element of institutional racism, based on its founder and the disproportionate number of black abortions…and it certainly is arguable that they target black women.

 
Oh, I don’t disagree with either point.

I’m just trying to understand why the point of black babies is being made while ignoring the other babies suddenly. I just think the emphasis should stay on all babies rather than riding the coattails of BLM.
 
Oh, I don’t disagree with either point.

I’m just trying to understand why the point of black babies is being made while ignoring the other babies suddenly. I just think the emphasis should stay on all babies rather than riding the coattails of BLM.
I would assert the point of highlighting black babies is a counter to the BLM organization, as well as some in the BLM movement. It highlights the hypocrisy of the left who overwhelmingly want to plaster “black lives matter” everywhere, when in fact, most of them support abortion rights, which disproportionately impacts black lives. In their view, only some black lives matter…certainly not the unborn black lives.
 
I’m just trying to understand why the point of black babies is being made while ignoring the other babies suddenly. I just think the emphasis should stay on all babies rather than riding the coattails of BLM
Mainly because of the hypocrisy of the “Black Lives Matter” slogan. One can ask “which black lives matter”? We have seen through this last period of time that the folks of BLM are really selective about which black lives matter. Black law enforcement lives don’t matter. Black conservative lives don’t matter. Black children’s lives don’t matter. Black preborn lives don’t matter. Certain Black Christian lives don’t matter. In fact, the only Black lives that really matter to BLM are the ones who buy into their rhetoric.

What the pro-life students were attempting to do, was to point out that hypocrisy. How can Black lives matter if the very earliest of those Black lives don’t matter.

Those Black mothers who choose abortion as a solution? Think a little deeper than that one choice. Most likely they have several children already, there is no father in the picture or he’ll soon be gone, she may work a low paying job without reliable transportation or child care. She is a product of her environment. Inner city poor with very little ability to climb out. I am in no way saying those are reasons to have an abortion, but when Planned Parenthood is around the corner and they tell you it is the best solution for your life and there isn’t another option right there, for that women, she make believe she has no choice.

Now think of all the money that one PP clinic receives in government funding and how that funding could be redirected to actually help the poor mothers in that neighborhood, actually help them try to climb out. Or if not them, maybe their kids. Is that a much more effective use of all that money? Giving life and hope? Maybe replace PP with an adoption center.

I’ll get off my soap box now. Sorry to take it off topic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top