Please. I have no problem accepting uncomfortable truths laid out by the Church when they have a scriptural and logical basis. I don’t like the Church teachings on Hell or that I have to go to confession, but I accept these things and I live my life accordingly because these concepts are fairly well elucidated in scripture and in tradition with a certain logic to back them up.
As I have stated before,** if I believe that a teaching comes from God**, that’s the end of it for me, but the teaching on contraception just doesn’t stack up to these other teachings.
Hello LaSainte,
Faith is belief in action, either you believe in the Church, or not?
doubt is unbelief, the novice doesn’t teach the master.
It is the Church is given the Grace, guidance, knowledge to instruct even in the heavenly places
Scripture: Eph 3:7 Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God’s grace which was given me by the working of his power.
To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
and to make all men see what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things;
Eph 3:10
that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places
Eph 3:11
This was according to the eternal purpose which he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord,
1Ti 3:14 I hope to come to you soon, but I am writing these instructions to you so** that,**
15 if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is** the church** of the living God,** the pillar and bulwark of the truth.**
Word origin dict. **pillar **
early 13c., from
O.Fr. piler, from M.L. pilare, from L. pila “pillar, stone barrier.” Figurative sense of
"prop or support of an institution or community"
Biblical Dict. **Pillar **definition
used to support a building (Judg. 16:26, 29); as a trophy or memorial (Gen. 28:18; 35:20; Ex. 24:4; 1 Sam. 15:12, A.V., “place,” more correctly “monument,” or **“trophy of victory,” **as in 2 Sam. 18:18); of fire, by
which the Divine Presence was manifested (Ex. 13:2). The “plain of the pillar” in Judg. 9:6 ought to be, as in the Revised Version, the “oak of the pillar”, i.e., of the monument or stone set up by Joshua (24:26).
**Bulwark ** ( support, buttress, mainstay)
- a wall of earth or other material built for defense; rampart.
2.any protection against external danger, injury, or annoyance: The new dam was a bulwark against future floods.
Remember all christian Church’s prior to 1948 were against contraception(WHY?) only the Catholic Church has stood fast in this teaching, it is a hard teaching many have left, just as who Jesus who didn’t shy away from hard teachings but some of His followers who disputed and left, would we not the Eucharist today if Christ gave up a teaching, to keep people ‘IN’
Jhn 6:52 The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”
Jhn 6:66 After this many of his disciples drew back and no longer went about with him.
First we have to accept, understanding comes later. non acceptance is rebellion, and people are open to suggestions while rebelling.
What society wants today is
‘The Church of the Burger King’ the have it my way crowd, and their are lots of choices with hungry ministers who will serve it up their way.
Are doors are always open for those who want to return, who are truly seeking God, under the guidance of** Christ’s** Church.
I applaud the RCC for it’s stand against world reasoning, it’s probably whyI came back 12 yrs ago.
God bless,
John