Promote LGBT to teens or be sacked?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Karolina
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karolina

Guest
I work as School Librarian at a secular school and have been asked to create a display, organise author visit and promote books celebrating LGBT lifestyles to 11-16 year old school children.

If I say no I might be dismissed or driven out of my job. Or - I could resign before I need to act on this request. Would it be a sin to obey my boss in this case?

Please help - I want to do the right thing.

I have had to stay silent on LGBT before but have never had to directly promote it before.
 
Last edited:
I think it’s a question for a priest to answer. If Fr. @edward_george1 sees this, I expect he will be able to help,
 
Last edited:
Is this a public (aka government run school) in the United States? Or is it something else / somewhere else?
 
Karolina if you’re in the UK ring The Christian Institute or Christian Concern. Google for tel. details
 
I’m thinking the answer is you can’t cooperate. I had a friend who suffered for a few years in school because she would not cooperate with an agenda like this. However she is now in a good position a long way away and happy.
 
It’s a state secular school in the UK.
 
Last edited:
Thank you - I have and they are very helpful.
 
Last edited:
It’s a state secular school in the UK.
OK, I don’t know what kind of rights you have there.

If this was the US, I would suggest fighting it. However, in the UK, I don’t know what like of legal options you have besides saying no and risking getting fired.

If you want to tell them no, I would suggest you do it with as much charity and love as possible.

God bless you and I pray most of us are never put in a similar situation.
 
I think it’s clear that I have to not do it yes. Probably I will have to resign before I need to act on this instruction. Thank God I am able to do this financially and with family support. Even if they can’t legally compel me : my life would be very difficult given that most staff are LGBT campaigners there.
 
Last edited:
I think it’s clear that I have to not do it yes. Probably I will have to resign before I need to act on this instruction. Thank God I am able to do this financially and with family support. Even if they can’t legally compel me : my life would be very difficult given that most staff are LGBT campaigners there.
based on what you say here, resigning might be the best thing for you and your family. It is doubtful that you will convince any LGBT activists there to change their minds by taking a stand. 😦
 
Last edited:
It’s very very tough to be a Christian in a state school. It’s marginally better in a Catholic school. To be honest I wouldn’t be able to work in either as there is such compromise because of the govt funding received.
 
Yes I wish I had said this. There is a line we can’t cross. But Christian Concern has masses of experience with people in this situation and can advise, I’m glad you’ve been in touch with them Karolina
 
Last edited:
I work as School Librarian at a secular school and have been asked to create a display, organise author visit and promote books celebrating LGBT lifestyles to 11-16 year old school children.

If I say no I might be dismissed or driven out of my job. Or - I could resign before I need to act on this request. Would it be a sin to obey my boss in this case?

Please help - I want to do the right thing.

I have had to stay silent on LGBT before but have never had to directly promote it before.
It is time to speak up, just tell them you have to follow your conscience.
 
I am so sorry.
The teen years are supposed to be about taking on responsibility by learning a trade and getting educated and taking baby steps into adult roles and learning character.
 
Thank you for your comments! You are right! I’ve been fortunate to avoid this situation this far.

We just have to act and pray where we can - not where it’s impossible.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top