I
imadesomanymist
Guest
where is the proof jesus started the catholic church as the first church?
I like to use St. Ignatius of Antioch’s letter to the smyrnaeans “Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.”where is the proof jesus started the catholic church as the first church?
Actually, Peter (Cephas) was the Rock (Cephas) on which Jesus built His Church.Most of the “first church” were jews. On the confession by Peter that Jesus is the Son of God (that rock of truth) was the first church built!
Before I answer that, I want to know what you would consider as “proof”.where is the proof jesus started the catholic church as the first church?
History books are funny things. From our perspective, there was only one Holy Roman Empire, and the Emperor was no Frank.Hmm… Besides that St. Peter the Chief of the Apostles is buried under St. Peter’s Basilica?
I attended a PUBLIC high school, and a PUBLIC university; and in my Western Civilization classes at each, it was taught to me that the Catholic Church was the ORIGINAL Christian Church, and the MOST influential force in western civilization for well over a millennium.
That may not be proof enough for you, but even if I were not raised Catholic, I think the history books and archeology would have led me there eventually.
Good luck on your quest for the truth. As they said on the “X-Files”… The truth is out there…
Earliest Use of the Name “Catholic Church”where is the proof jesus started the catholic church as the first church?
Matt 18where is the proof jesus started the catholic church as the first church?
Doesn’t “Catholic” mean “Universal”? If Christ founded His Universal Church, why is only one Church today known as “Catholic”?The Latin Church has its roots in the Catholic Church (as does the Oriental Orthodox)…to say that it is THE Catholic Church…that continues to be a matter of contention. Numerous threads abound all over the internet about this.
Hmm… Besides that St. Peter the Chief of the Apostles is buried under St. Peter’s Basilica?
I attended a PUBLIC high school, and a PUBLIC university; and in my Western Civilization classes at each, it was taught to me that the Catholic Church was the ORIGINAL Christian Church, and the MOST influential force in western civilization for well over a millennium.
That may not be proof enough for you, but even if I were not raised Catholic, I think the history books and archeology would have led me there eventually.
Good luck on your quest for the truth. As they said on the “X-Files”… The truth is out there…
It isn’t?History books are funny things. From our perspective, there was only one Holy Roman Empire, and the Emperor was no Frank.
Western Civilization is not the Center of the World, nor is it the center of Christendom.
Good question…Before I answer that, I want to know what you would consider as “proof”.