Proof of Heaven appears to be new age junk

  • Thread starter Thread starter blaskoman
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
As is membership in the Church. Or do you adhere to the heresy that Protestantism is nothing more than another version of the same Christian religion?
Are you accusing me of heresy?:confused:

Obviously you haven’t read that link - the answer is in there.

Here it is again.

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p3.htm

Here’s a snippet:
ccc 836 “All men are called to this catholic unity of the People of God. . . . And to it, in different ways, belong or are ordered: the Catholic faithful,** others who believe in Christ,** and finally all mankind, called by God’s grace to salvation.”
And this:
838 "The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter."322 Those “who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church.”
“Outside the Church there is no salvation”
846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:
Therefore. ALL Salvation comes FROM the Church - which is very different from saying salvation is only found IN the Church.

Are you suggesting that the CCC is wrong, and furthermore God is incapable of speaking to whomsoever He wishes?:confused::confused:
 
I’d read it months ago and thought it was really good. I’ve lent it out to four different people and everybody loved it except for my father-in-law, a Baptist, who, for some reason became a little upset by reading and remembering the death of my mother-in-law. He’s read other books on NDEs but this one seemed to upset him more than the others.
 
I have read probably around 100 accounts of NDE, and the light of love at the end of the tunnel is usually perceived as Jesus by all Christians as well as quite a few agnostics.
As for some things in Heaven being inexplicable in this world, I agree with the books author.
👍

Especially since S. Paul says almost exactly the same thing in 2 Co 12.

ICXC NIKA
 
So they know a bunch of supernatural truths that can’t even be expressed in words, but they don’t know what is necessary for salvation. Pardon me if I :rolleyes:.
I will ask a priest, of course, but this is the first time I’d ever heard that RCIA was necessary for salvation!🤷

ICXC NIKA
 
I read it couple months ago while on a trip. I was encouraged for several reasons
  1. Dr Eden is a neurosurgeon, so he understands the brain. He did a critical assessment of
    his experience following his recovery, with notes and research. Thus…the “proof” was he had ruled out every other possibility to what he experienced by scientific means and reasoning. so it is also a book that a physician could read and clearly understand Dr Eden’s critical analysis.
  2. I felt it was an important contribution to the medical community who is often disregarding
    experiences patients are reporting.
  3. He also said he has been a devout Presbyterian his entire life, attending church regularly
  4. unless one has had these experiences personally…and even if one did…not something to dispute, but rather something to ponder on. I read the book with great interest and
    a feeling of hopefulness at end, for several reasons.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top