2
2ndGen
Guest
Sure, you can use this Protestant site I’m fond of (and they have a disclaimer that clearly profess that they are not Catholic). They are very good and honest Christians who seek the Truth and I commend their courage in their denouncing the founder of their faith.***Hi, 2ndGen!
This is a great bit of info… though I do tend to generalize… I’ve come across several non-Catholic Christians who seem to have memorized everything about Martin Luther but these bits of information–they are so miniscule, seemingly unimportant, but they convey the exact reflection of Luther’s reasoning: (my words) “I am what I am… I’m Luther the rewrite man!”
…still, for non-Catholic Christians to forgive his transgressions against insertion and omition of Sacred Writings (coincidentally there is Scriptural admonishion against such acts) says a lot about their capacity for forgiveness.
…I’ve mentioned in some of my post that I am not familiar with spiritual writings… are you aware of an internet site that would offer the excerpts you’ve quoted above?
Maran atha!
Angel***
cogwriter.com/luther.htm
Then, there are a ton of other pages.
google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4TSHA_en___US242&q=martin+luther+added+words+to+the+bible
Good reading.
And thank you for the compliment. I am humbled.
For me, once I find that a man has lied and used The Word of God to lie, he loses all credibility with me.
If Protestants were to completely disregard Luther based on his adding words to scripture to change the meanings of the teachings of God, then they’d have to throw away the very foundations on why they should continue to be Protestants and not Universal Christians like the overwhelming majority of Christians are and have always been.
If you’re a Protestant because you love your church and you feel God there, Beautiful. I’m all for that.
But if one is a Protestant because they don’t want to be Catholic or because they are anti-Catholic, well then, that’s a sad way to base “why” one is what they are.
“Protesting” should never be the basis for a religion or for the creation of a church.
I bet you they don’t know that Martin Luther defended Mary’s Immaculate Conception, her perpetual virginity and that he prayed to her! His fellows Zwigli and Calvin also defended Mary!
I like to ask them where the Reformer’s leaders wrong then or are “they” wrong now?
LOL!
