C
CatholicZ09
Guest
5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;
you hate all who do wrong.
6 You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
the LORD abhors.
5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;
you hate all who do wrong.
6 You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
the LORD abhors.
Could you elaborate a little? I’m kind of confused…That theological concept has developed into this one:
and;
Before the LORD the whole universe
is as a grain from a balance
or a drop of morning dew come
down upon the earth.
Code:But you have mercy on all, because you can do all things; and you overlook people's sins that they may repent. **For you love all things that are and loathe nothing that you have made; for what you hated, you would not have fashioned.**
Following what NHL posted, As the nature of God was understood the relationship between God and man and the consequences of sin also became better understood.Could you elaborate a little? I’m kind of confused…
There are many passages in Scripture which refer to God hating people. There are also passages such as the one you presented from The Book of Wisdom. Since God does not speak with forked tongue, we are missing something in our understanding. I don’t claim to know how to reconcile these seemingly contradictory passages. Has the Church spoken on this issue of God hating people which is clearly revealed in various Scripture passages?I have come to this conclusion from the Book of Wisdom: