R
Rafael79
Guest
After reading through the following site, it seems to imply that most souls end up in one of several levels of purgatory for purification.
mysticsofthechurch.com/2012/04/amazing-stories-from-purgatory-and.html
It seems like only souls that outright reject and refuse God will end up in hell.
I cringe even asking for clarification, as I want to avoid curiosity and trust in God’s providential judgment, but this assertion about purgatory makes me feel like the majority of people will ultimately end up in Heaven. We will either spend our earthly life with much suffering, as was the case with many of the Saints, or we will spend another lifetime in purgatory being cleansed and prepared for Heaven.
The ugly, selfish self inside me feels almost like, ‘why bother?,’ why bother striving so devoutly on earth if I will ultimately be side by side by so many lukewarm souls in Heaven some day?
This seems almost Universalist or Unitarian in belief, so I’m not sure if the article/site is credible or not.
Ultimately, I want to strive to be most pleasing to God, as obedient as I possibly can. I am not looking to just ‘get by’ in my faith, so will not be basing my future behavior on what is or isn’t the case with purgatory. I guess I’m just looking for a better understanding of what we actually know.
Thanks for any direction you may have.
God bless.
mysticsofthechurch.com/2012/04/amazing-stories-from-purgatory-and.html
It seems like only souls that outright reject and refuse God will end up in hell.
I cringe even asking for clarification, as I want to avoid curiosity and trust in God’s providential judgment, but this assertion about purgatory makes me feel like the majority of people will ultimately end up in Heaven. We will either spend our earthly life with much suffering, as was the case with many of the Saints, or we will spend another lifetime in purgatory being cleansed and prepared for Heaven.
The ugly, selfish self inside me feels almost like, ‘why bother?,’ why bother striving so devoutly on earth if I will ultimately be side by side by so many lukewarm souls in Heaven some day?
This seems almost Universalist or Unitarian in belief, so I’m not sure if the article/site is credible or not.
Ultimately, I want to strive to be most pleasing to God, as obedient as I possibly can. I am not looking to just ‘get by’ in my faith, so will not be basing my future behavior on what is or isn’t the case with purgatory. I guess I’m just looking for a better understanding of what we actually know.
Thanks for any direction you may have.
God bless.