Question about pre baptismal stuff as an adult?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ilovejesus1234
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an RCIA Student also . Can someone explain me when the inquiry finishes and start the catalisim"Sorry not good speller".

I would like to learn about The lord and his grace but Also I am determined to become a devoted catholic! so what phase I am in?
The transition from inquiry to the period of the catechumenate is a rite called the Rite of Acceptance. Once you go through the Rite of Acceptance you are a catechumen.

Your RCIA team can tell you when you will be going through that rite since there’s no specified time. In a year-round catechumenate it could be at any time. In a school-year program it’s often done around the beginning of Advent.
 
It sounds like your goal is to be as badly educated as possible, really.

Do you treat your daily work like this? No, you would be fired in ten seconds if they gave you an instruction manual to read and you said Oh, I can do the repairs without reading any instructions - you would break the machine and you would be lining up for soup at the homeless shelter at the end of the day.

The papers are for you to read during the week when you have time. Write on them, look stuff up in the Bible that is mentioned in them, and learn as much as you can.

Otherwise what is the point?
Well hold on from now on I am going to read them when I first get them, but now I have way too many and I wanna save those for reference if I ever do need them, like the other guy said above, nobody is perfect everyone has flaws, mine is that I am somewhat lazy or don’t put full effort in things, I am going to try to though, please don’t be harsh let us make this a place of love.
 
So after being at this for about a week, what is your guys’ conclusion, read all the sheets (which are about 60) that I have missed or just read the sheets I get handed from my Class director, from now on. Hope you can understand my position I am in, and the worry I am going through.
 
I’m frankly baffled as to what you want to hear.
Everyone has said (pretty much) to take your classes seriously and keep up with the reading.
None of us has any clue how old you are, how dedicated you are, or how interested you are in continuing in this journey.
It’s your class. It’s your conversion process.
It’s your duty to give it 100%.
 
Claire, I am 19, I am a convert as of last year, I go to college and currently I have a lot of problems studying, I am getting better, I am letting go of my own way of doing things and letting God show me the right way to study, nobody has ever said we had to be perfect, I love God and my religion, although I am hitting road bumps in it, I am learning more and more about God daily. It is a hard process, but without God I would be dead, inside. I know a lot about some of the church teachings like NFP, Abortion, and currently I am trying to understand why we should vote against Gay Marriage. I get up sort of late when I am home around 12, and I watch an hour of TV, take a slow walk with my dog, etc, I have been sort of lazy and not accepting responsibility lately, but I am asking God and my mom to help me out to become more efficient.

Claire my point is, is that I am not a lazy trouble making kid. I just am lazy a little but not a lot, sometimes I don’t know the right thing to do, but hey I am learning. Now I want to change myself, and from now on I want to read the sheets they give me. Please be kind, don’t be rude, i appreciate your zeal, but you also have to not offend others… what you said made me feel down about myself…Just saying…
 
Claire, I am 19, I am a convert as of last year, I go to college and currently I have a lot of problems studying, I am getting better, I am letting go of my own way of doing things and letting God show me the right way to study, nobody has ever said we had to be perfect, I love God and my religion, although I am hitting road bumps in it, I am learning more and more about God daily. It is a hard process, but without God I would be dead, inside. I know a lot about some of the church teachings like NFP, Abortion, and currently I am trying to understand why we should vote against Gay Marriage. I get up sort of late when I am home around 12, and I watch an hour of TV, take a slow walk with my dog, etc, I have been sort of lazy and not accepting responsibility lately, but I am asking God and my mom to help me out to become more efficient.

Claire my point is, is that I am not a lazy trouble making kid. I just am lazy a little but not a lot, sometimes I don’t know the right thing to do, but hey I am learning. Now I want to change myself, and from now on I want to read the sheets they give me. Please be kind, don’t be rude, i appreciate your zeal, but you also have to not offend others… what you said made me feel down about myself…Just saying…
I suppose your talking to me… my name is Clare.
I work with RCIA. I’m a DRE.
I know that these people give a lot of their personal time to help people convert.
Please keep in mind, that when people don’t put much effort in, it’s that much harder to fully address their questions. The material is there for YOU.
You should read it.
Now if you feel bad, that just says you know you shouldn’t’just let them stack up, not because I called you on it, but because you know you need to read it.
It’s all about how badly you want it.
All I know is that you’ve said you don’t generally read them, and you’ve asked over and over what to do.
Here’s what to do: Go to class, try your best, listen, read, and ask plenty of questions.
Your experience isn’t contingent on me, but it is on you.
 
I already do all these things, but the things I lacked in were just not going to class because I just didn’t think it was that important which was pride due to my error of thinking I am a big know it all in the subject about God. I am going to try my best now, I will go when I know I should and if I miss it because I was on vacation, I will try to ask what we missed.

But I won’t not go because of laziness and pride. I think I am also going to read those papers they give me from now on, fully, and not be lazy…But as for the other papers, I am just going to leave them behind and read the papers I get handed from now on.
 
I already do all these things, but the things I lacked in were just not going to class because I just didn’t think it was that important which was pride due to my error of thinking I am a big know it all in the subject about God. I am going to try my best now, I will go when I know I should and if I miss it because I was on vacation, I will try to ask what we missed.

But I won’t not go because of laziness and pride. I think I am also going to read those papers they give me from now on, fully, and not be lazy…But as for the other papers, I am just going to leave them behind and read the papers I get handed from now on.
That sounds like a good plan. And from now on, realize too that nobody is ever going to offer you something that isn’t important.

They are just as busy as everyone else is; they aren’t going to spend their valuable time creating materials for you or providing opportunities that they don’t think you really need.
 
You’re right, But as a rule of thumb I think i will keep the big stack there for reference, which is the best thing to do.
 
What do you guys think about that?
It’s your decision, of course.

I think it’s a good idea to start doing what you always should have been doing (attending the classes, taking notes, and reading the pamphlets when you get home), and then get to the old ones that you didn’t read when you have extra time.
 
👍 good answer
It’s your decision, of course.

I think it’s a good idea to start doing what you always should have been doing (attending the classes, taking notes, and reading the pamphlets when you get home), and then get to the old ones that you didn’t read when you have extra time.
 
I may want to one day when I am older and use it for reference as well(I just took notes today in my RCIA class, I think I will use this as reference for the future does that sound good?) but if I have the chance and if God is calling me to do it at the moment, I will consider it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top