Well Balaam’s donkey had more sense than Balaam and the LORD used him also.
I dont care if the devil himself had the only copy on earth the LORD would ensure that it was preserved.
And the NT was mainly constructed to keep the division of Christians from expanding. It didn’t take long for differences to form and we have plenty of evidence that false teachers were prevalent in the times of the Apostles also. Given that and the word that says not many shall enter into the narrow gate. You have to wonder about the catholics roots, the fall of the Roman empire the power given the church from the east in 530 something AD. The ability for the church to put down all the pagan religions in Rome and become the religion of Rome is that the work of Jesus or men building or trying to save an empire. The dogma that no one else can represent God. The similarity’s in some of your traditions that were also found in pagan beliefs. Please there is plenty to consider but I dont wish to discredit your faith. The very fact that Rome was perhaps the power that brought the church and the pagans under one roof is suspect to any amateur history reader. But you are here and you have faith in Jesus even if it does not agree with mine. I have liberties that I take in Christ and you dont. You have practices that in no way can the Spirit in me submit to like praying to Mary or the saints. Their are others that I dont need to mention, I rejoice in the fact that you teach Jesus, but you by proclamation of your church will not or cant do the same for me. BTW the true church will be gathered together by Christ He will separate the sheep and the goats. The wheat and the tars grew up together. The sheep know His voice and will not follow another. The body of Christ has different members.
Sense and intent are not the same. If God would have his word spread by “trustworthy” and “righteous” men, and men with “good standing” amongst the community, it also stands to reason that God would have the Bible also brought about by the same method. Of COURSE God would ensure that it was preserved. And Scripture tells us that the “deposit of faith” WAS/IS preserved by the Holy Spirit. But how can the Catholic Church have the Holy Spirit so validly present to preserve the “deposit of faith” if the Catholic Church was so apostate?
Of course few will enter by the narrow gate. The Catholic Church understands that. Not every Catholic or Christian is going to heaven. We are not guaranteed salvation, only the hope of salvation. I have been a Christian almost my entire life, but there was a time
after I was a baptized Christian that I would have gone to Hell. I know I would have. I was completely separate from the faith. I went off and became a Buddhist (and later became a wiccan). I swore that there was
no God. But by way of baptism, I would have been considered an apostate Christian. Someone who once followed Christ. I was lost. Catholics are only a fraction of the Worlds population. And among them, about half are lax, and a fourth of the lax no longer hold to their faith at all. That leaves less than a 20th of the world that practice their Catholic faith in Christ. And even then, some of those may not make it into heaven. There are some Christians, outside of the Catholic faith, who will make it too. But still, the number is a fraction of the worlds pop. A minority. Many will seek, but few shall enter.
You know, I don’t have to worry about Catholic’s roots. I have been studying this history in GREAT detail. It doesn’t matter if Catholicism became the religion of Rome. It was because people were turning to God. Hallelujia! Praise Jehovah! They were turning away from Satan, paganism. And yet, Satan uses that against the Lord’s Church. He turns a triumph of God’s into matter of contention. “How dare the Lord’s Church become an official Religion.” That sounds like the Leftist America that we Christians are having to contend with today!
You know, ALL of Christianity resembles some form of paganism somewhere along the line. Zorostrianism, for instnace, looks a LOT like most Protestant Christianity, but it pre-dates ALL of christianity. Why? Who knows.
I take plenty of liberties in Christ thankyou. It is because of Christ that I have liberties, and it is by His grace.
And the whole sheep thing… Well, Christ is coming back, and of course he is going to separate the righteous from the wicked. Don’t use that to be pompus. You are acting like you speak for God when you say things like that, passing judgments. I have done nothing wicked here today. So for all I am concerned, you could be being hypocritical, since I don’'t know what you have done today. And I
can, by way of my religion, be proud to call you brother/sister for trying your hardest to do as God wills. There are TONS of misconceptions about the Catholic Faith, and that is just one of them. We are Catholic for a reason. Catholic means “Universal”. You would be considered by the Catholic faith, a lost brother/sister in Christ.
Satan works hard to try and discredit the Catholic Church, yet for 2000 years it has stood strong, still full of God’s grace and merit.
You will have to go to another thread to see what we really think about asking Mary and the Saints to Pray for us. They are the “Cloud of witnesses” that seek for us to win the race, and they cheer us on until the race is won.