R
rf0808
Guest
Thank you ahead of time fore reading and/or responding to this post. I’m sorry that it might be long.
I am a fallen away catholic who wants to return to the church. I was very lost rejecting virtually everything. I have not been to confession since I was 17 years old. I’m 32 now. I have many horrible sins I must confess. Some bring me to tears to even think about. I want to do a proper confession, but I am utterly confused about it all, as I realize how much I never knew I didn’t know. I have to completely re-catecise myself.
I am lost when I start trying to understand all the venial/mortal sins stuff. I’m looking as a examination of counciousness worksheet, and it seems like this confession will need to be a long one. I want to do it right, yet I’m feeling immense pressure from a good friend who will be bringing me to her church to rush this. I am dependant on rides at this point for I am in a very rural place, nothing is close to us and I don’t drive.
I was originally told by her that I could get an appointment with her priest to do this properly as it isn’t a short confession. Last week she told me that unfortunately the priest is booked until may for that. I said I can wait, or try to go to another church, but she is determined for me to only go to her priest. She is trying to convince me that I must go anyway as quickly as possible or she feels I will lose my nerve, so she wants to bring me tomorrow to the regular confession line before mass on sunday.
This is very terrifying to me. It is the first time in so long that I’ve done this and I have alot of grave matters to discuss. I get panic attacks thinking of doing this while people are literally waiting in line for thier turn. She said that it is always like that we will have to get there early and wait in line. I’m afraid I can’t do this with the pressure of people waiting. I get panic attack just thinking of it. I don’t know if I can do this properly while knowing I should not be using this parishes regular confession time when my list of sins from the examination of counciousness is close to full-that is how lost I have been.
My friend told me that I can do this very short and quick, just go down the list, yet I think she doesn’t get it, I can’t “just go down the list quickly” don’t I need to talk about why?
And some of the things hurt so deep( for example I have had an abortion due to an ectopic pregnancy) that I can’t bear the thought of just going down this list and not having time to talk about anything. She is afraid that if I don’t do this now that the devil will convince me to stay away. I feel trapped because I’m willing to go somewhere else to do this as soon as possible, but she stubbornly insists thatI have to go to her priest.
I don’t know what to do. Please, I would love some advice. Thank you for reading all this. I truly want to do the right thing.
I am a fallen away catholic who wants to return to the church. I was very lost rejecting virtually everything. I have not been to confession since I was 17 years old. I’m 32 now. I have many horrible sins I must confess. Some bring me to tears to even think about. I want to do a proper confession, but I am utterly confused about it all, as I realize how much I never knew I didn’t know. I have to completely re-catecise myself.
I am lost when I start trying to understand all the venial/mortal sins stuff. I’m looking as a examination of counciousness worksheet, and it seems like this confession will need to be a long one. I want to do it right, yet I’m feeling immense pressure from a good friend who will be bringing me to her church to rush this. I am dependant on rides at this point for I am in a very rural place, nothing is close to us and I don’t drive.
I was originally told by her that I could get an appointment with her priest to do this properly as it isn’t a short confession. Last week she told me that unfortunately the priest is booked until may for that. I said I can wait, or try to go to another church, but she is determined for me to only go to her priest. She is trying to convince me that I must go anyway as quickly as possible or she feels I will lose my nerve, so she wants to bring me tomorrow to the regular confession line before mass on sunday.
This is very terrifying to me. It is the first time in so long that I’ve done this and I have alot of grave matters to discuss. I get panic attacks thinking of doing this while people are literally waiting in line for thier turn. She said that it is always like that we will have to get there early and wait in line. I’m afraid I can’t do this with the pressure of people waiting. I get panic attack just thinking of it. I don’t know if I can do this properly while knowing I should not be using this parishes regular confession time when my list of sins from the examination of counciousness is close to full-that is how lost I have been.
My friend told me that I can do this very short and quick, just go down the list, yet I think she doesn’t get it, I can’t “just go down the list quickly” don’t I need to talk about why?
And some of the things hurt so deep( for example I have had an abortion due to an ectopic pregnancy) that I can’t bear the thought of just going down this list and not having time to talk about anything. She is afraid that if I don’t do this now that the devil will convince me to stay away. I feel trapped because I’m willing to go somewhere else to do this as soon as possible, but she stubbornly insists thatI have to go to her priest.
I don’t know what to do. Please, I would love some advice. Thank you for reading all this. I truly want to do the right thing.
