To the OP,
I hope all these posting here will help your wife to see that “race” shouldn’t be the issue, with whom your daughter is dating.
Each “race” and “mixed races” all have good and bad people in them. Each person should be gotten to be known for “what kind of person they are”, not judged on the color of their skin.
Skin color can be very misleading to determine if someone is this or that “race”. For example, my son in law has a spainyard/mexican background, his skin is very very dark, to where one Would think he is a black man. (we had thought he was a black man for years)
Yet and here is the shocker…it’s all a Dark Tan. He works outside in Texas, year round as a construction worker. One day while we were at my son in laws and daughters house, he had on a tank top. I was shocked to see he was White. I had only seen him in long shorts, knee length, long jeans and t-shirts, never a tank top.
For 5 years I thought this man had black skin. I had truely thought he was African American for 5 years. It wasn’t until this year on Easter Day, after Mass, when we went back to their house for a cook out, that I found out his true background. This man is Father to 2 of our 13 Grandchildren, who one of them has a whiteish cream skin and the other one has a dark tan color skin, not that any of this matters, because we don’t look at color of skin to judge a person by. But can you imagian what a shock it was to see, my black (or so I thought) son in law really had white skin? Of course then I asked questions about his background, only because I was currious, not that it really mattered. Because, I love my son in law, because of who he is, not the color of his skin.
To any other person who sees my son in law, in the store, gas station, or where ever, no doubt they will see his skin/race as black. Does it really matter? Heavens no…he is a good loving husband and father. Our daughter is happy and treated very well. The color, of his skin, isn’t who made him who he is.