RBG undergoing chemo for recurrence of cancer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boatswain2PA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boatswain2PA

Guest

Prayers for RBG. Cancer sucks, and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

There will assuredly be one, and likely THREE SCOTUS openings over the next four years.

Who do you think Biden would pick? Undeniably he would pick pro-abortion judges. Likewise he would likely choose judges that expand the power of government.

Who would Trump pick? Look at his past appointments as examples.

This is one of biggest consequences of Presidential elections.
 
This is sad news. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. I give her credit for her dedication, but at 87, it might be time for her to retire and enjoy what life she has left.
 
If you thought the Kavanaugh nomination was interesting, I can hardly wait to see what the Democrats have in store for whomever Trump picks to replace RBG. Hopefully that person is not scared by that vicious attempt at intimidation.
 
I can only imagine if something happened to her before November.

How fast would senate republicans forget about “not confirming a scotus pick during an election year”?
 
Last edited:
Tough stuff, chemo therapy would be hard on anyone at any age, let alone for someone in their 80s. Hope the justice does well. It would not come as a surprise me if her condition is worse than being reported, but that is just a hunch and I hope that not to be the case.
 
I’m pretty sure that work is what keeps her going.
The same thought went through my mind too. It’s kind of sad in a way. She doesn’t seem to be able to let go. There is a season for everything.
 
I can only imagine if something happened to her before November.
If Trump loses the election, I’d still be worried if something happened to RBG between election day and inauguration day.
 
Hopefully as fast as BLM can tear down a statue of Thomas Jefferson.
 
Let those we defeat call us whatever they want. It will not change the fact that they lost.
 
This is sad news. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. I give her credit for her dedication, but at 87, it might be time for her to retire and enjoy what life she has left.
I think she is enjoying her life as a Supreme Court Justice. Some people truly like work and have no wish to “retire.”

The adrenalin that is constantly rushing through her may be what is keeping her alive at this point. To retire might be to experience a huge drop in adrenalin, which might cause a downward spiral.
 
I’m pretty sure that work is what keeps her going.
That and she definitely doesn’t want to step down while President Trump is
president. She does not want him to be able to fill her vacancy with a conservative
judge.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top