F
FrDavid96
Guest
I avoided posting this because I didn’t want to be responsible if you simply bypassed your pastor and went straight to your friend. Here it is. As long as the priest is a pastor, he can receive your husband into the Church, as long as it happens within his own parish territory, and as long as the local bishop permits this (most do). There is a “short form” for the RCIA program, and the pastor has wide discrretion in not using any individual parts of it, short or long. Your family connection to this other parish also reinforced my decision to post that info (and besides, anyone else might have posted it–it’s public knowlege).I appriciate all of your help, but he would NEVER make that exception. It is a large parish and fairly modern. Basically if it’s not done with “the community” then it’s not done. We are trying to find another parish, but they are all pretty much the same where we live. There is a parish in town that offers a weekly Latin Mass which I want to start going to, but I thought that would be more difficult for him to ease into.
I understand where you are coming from, but I have been burned before (long story–homeschool vs. catechism classes). Sometimes when you ask for “special privlages” you don’t just get told no, you start a new rule and ruin it for everyone (not to mention get some people in trouble)
I often offer my sufferings up for his conversion. I regularly offer rosaries and during the Consecration I pray for his conversion. I know it will happen some day.![]()