Rebuttals for Gender Theory

  • Thread starter Thread starter theCardinalbird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe it was the sexual revolution that had a play in this. of touch.
The sexual revolution was just one piece of the Counterculture of the 1960s and was almost exclusively about heterosexuals. Gay liberation began in June 1969 with the Stonewall riots
The Stonewall riots were a series of spontaneous, violent demonstrations against a police raid that took place in the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of New York City. This is frequently cited as the first instance in US history when people in the gay community fought back against a government-sponsored system that persecuted sexual minorities, and became the defining event that marked the start of the Gay rights movement in the United States and around the world. Read more here…
Any strong intimacy between men before the sexual revolution was not labeled as gay. Rather it was normal for men to be really close with each other (non sexual of course). The sexual revolution changed that. Eros became the prevalent love in our society and as a result, any expression of love between two men was poisoned with the idea that they wanted to have intercourse. Resulting in a “wall” between men in terms of affection which destroyed friendships. In fact, the sexual revolution greatly affected same sex attracted youth because of lack of touch.
The change in mens’ attitudes started well before the sexual revolution and the gay rights movement.

There are several reasons why men were so damn affectionate with each other back in the day. First, men were free to have affectionate man relationships with each other without fear of being called a “queer” because the concept of homosexuality as we know it today didn’t exist then. America didn’t have the strict straight/gay dichotomy that currently exists. Affectionate feelings weren’t strictly labeled as sexual or platonic. There wasn’t even a name for homosexual sex; instead, it was referred to as “the crime that cannot be spoken.” It wasn’t until the turn of the 19th century that psychologists started analyzing homosexuality. When that happened, men in America started to become much more self-conscious about their relationships with their buds and traded the close embraces for a stiff pat on the back. The man hug was born.
Contains many interesting photos…
 
Last edited:
A chaste SSA person has no obligation to declare themselves. How would anyone know? If they do then it is part of an agenda.
 
Sex with anyone - including LGBT - was part of the Sexual Revolution which was gaining ground in the late 1960s. There were incidents before Stonewall. But back in 1966, a gay man was confronted with society as it was. “People are in such a hurry these days to settled down and get married,” Leitsch said. “No one has any fun anymore.”

I can tell you, married people and their kids had a lot of fun. I knew about gay people and what it meant. I had no reason to be surprised or react negatively.
 
Very true. I worked with LGBT persons in a major hospital in the 1970s and we all got along. I didn’t think for one second about what they did on their free time. And there was something called privacy. Lately, privacy has been purposely abandoned.
 
A chaste SSA person has no obligation to declare themselves. How would anyone know? If they do then it is part of an agenda.
So you are saying that a child who grows up experiencing SSA should have no role models who have lived healthy lives with SSA? The only people they know with SSA should be active homosexuals?
 
That’s what schools are teaching children as young as Kindergarten age. And some bring their significant other to class. From the GLSEN web site:

"Incorporate LGBT history, themes and people into your curriculum!
"Ensure that your LGBT students see themselves reflected in your lessons."
 
And the media is certainly doing that on TV, in movies and on the internet.
 
40.png
buffalo:
A chaste SSA person has no obligation to declare themselves. How would anyone know? If they do then it is part of an agenda.
So you are saying that a child who grows up experiencing SSA should have no role models who have lived healthy lives with SSA? The only people they know with SSA should be active homosexuals?
If you are not visible then you don’t exist.
 
Really? If one has a strong desire to drink, but suppress it and does not tell anyone, they do not exist?
 
Gay people have been meeting gay people for a long time. I don’t go into a store wondering if the person in front of me is gay or lesbian or bisexual or transgender. I have a male acquaintance who had the sexual reassignment surgery and he came by my place of work to visit. He was mostly convincing and I’m sure he and his boyfriend will go through with their plans to get married.
 
Really? If one has a strong desire to drink, but suppress it and does not tell anyone, they do not exist?
How is a boy attracted to other boys supposed to know that chaste SSA men exist??? And if he doesn’t know that, how does he have a role model of chastity in his situation?
 
I was once that boy that desperately wanted to be chaste, buffalo. Who was supposed to be my role model? I can tell you that I needed one.
 
Yo! I am that boy that wants to be chaste. I have no role models…
 
Last edited:
You have no self control?
Uhhhh, non sequitur much?

I needed a role model to show me how to be a man in the circumstances I was in. I certainly do have self-control, but I’d love to have more, since I hate that I’ve had to battle a pornography habit. I am quite sure that habit would be less powerful – or gone entirely – if I known someone who had dealt with the things I dealt with in a holy way.
Parents teach this at an early age.
Parents teach what? My parents certainly told me to be chaste, but it wasn’t much help, since they also implied that anyone with SSA was a monster.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top