Red State Democrats / Blue State Republicans

  • Thread starter Thread starter jlw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jlw

Guest
Are you are democrat in a red state?? Are your senators democrats or republicans?? Any up for reelection next year??

Are you a republican in a blue state?? Are your senators democrats or republicans?? Any up for reelection next year??

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you “independents”, what do you think too??
 
What are you relying on when you say a red or blue state? My state, Arkansas, went for Bush, but both our Senators and all but one Representative in Congress are Democrats.

Depending on one’s criterion, this is either a presidential red state or a Congressional blue state.
 
My state was solidly for Bush, as was I. However, I consider myself a Catholic. Thus, I try to remain principled, not partisan. I will vote for the candidate most in line with the 5 non-negotiable Catholic issues, and against the candidate that would negatively influence these issues.

In Christ,
Bob
 
40.png
Richardols:
both our Senators and all but one Representative in Congress are Democrats.
Thus the state of affairs in Arkansas, I’m afraid. :o

Seriously now…are both senators in the “safe” camp in a re-election bid??
 
40.png
trailblazer:
My state was solidly for Bush, as was I. However, I consider myself a Catholic. Thus, I try to remain principled, not partisan. I will vote for the candidate most in line with the 5 non-negotiable Catholic issues, and against the candidate that would negatively influence these issues.

In Christ,
Bob
What do people think of Breseden (sp?)
 
40.png
jlw:
Are you are democrat in a red state?? Are your senators democrats or republicans?? Any up for reelection next year??

Are you a republican in a blue state?? Are your senators democrats or republicans?? Any up for reelection next year??

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you “independents”, what do you think too??
Since we live in the same state, yes. How about Gordon Smith in the bluest of the blue. Although lately ol’ Gordon’s been kicking over the conservative traces and voting for increased medicaid etc. OTOH compared to our other senator and congressmen he looks pretty good.

Lisa N
 
OTOH compared to our other senator and congressmen he looks pretty good
So true. And compared to other blue state republicans, he’s more conservative than Lincoln Chaffee or Olympia Snowe.
 
Wisconsin:

It’s all Red except for a couple of counties. But, because of those counties we turned Blue for Kerry and our senetors and our Governor.
Frustrating!
 
40.png
JamesD:
Wisconsin:

It’s all Red except for a couple of counties. But, because of those counties we turned Blue for Kerry and our senetors and our Governor.
Frustrating!
Lisa N and I know about Multnomah County in Portland Oregon. Same story, different state. Your Dane County is our Multnomah.
 
I am in a red county in a blue state and my Senators are liberal Democrats (Durbin and Obama).
 
40.png
jlw:
Durbin up for re-election??
I went to his sight to make sure I was right. Here is some info:

Durbin was elected to the U.S. Senate on November 5, 1996 and re-elected in 2002, Durbin fills the seat left vacant by the retirement of his longtime friend and mentor, U.S. Senator Paul Simon.
 
40.png
jlw:
Thus the state of affairs in Arkansas, I’m afraid. :o
Arkansas has been passed economically by Mississippi and is now 50th in the Union in per capita income (51st, if you count Washington, DC.)

The state has a 22% adult illiteracy rate – with some counties well over 40%. (When the latest figures are in, the smart money is betting at least two counties will top 50%.)

Of those Arkansas high school graduates who go on to college, 58% require remedial courses – in effect only achieving high school standards after graduating and attending college.
40.png
jlw:
Seriously now…are both senators in the “safe” camp in a re-election bid??
Jim Holt, the Republican challenger only raised about $90,000 and got 44% of the vote in his race against Democrat Blanche Lincoln in '04.

Democratic Senator Mark Prior will probably face a stiff challenge in '08.
 
Anyone from the great state of Minnesota?? Who’s going to take Scaredy Cat Dayton’s place???

West Virgina?? Is Senator Byrd prime for retirement??

Washington?? Will Rossi run for Senate??
 
I’m in New York, where Republicans are, well, kinda pointless. NYC has a Republican mayor, for what that’s worth, and a Republican governor, but beats me if I can tell exactly what that’s supposed to mean. (Our mayoral race is coming up, too, and so far the Dem’s candidates are pretty unappealing.) Clinton’s senate seat is up in 06, and I seriously doubt the GOP can field anyone worth considering. Be nice to have her commit to a full six year term, though. She does an ok job as senator, but while I’m not a Republican, the thought of her as a presidential candidate makes me more than a bit uneasy.
 
Any Pennsylvanians out there? I’d be curious as to thoughts on a Santorum-Casey match up.
 
40.png
jlw:
Durbin up for re-election??
Durbin was VERY vulnerable in 2002. And the Republican opponent (Durkin) was an excellent candidate. He even had most of the newspaper endorsements. However, the Republican Party chose not to support him financially and left him out to hang. Basically, the RNC chose not to contend for the seat and to give Durbin a pass to easy re-election. Had they bothered to support Durkin, you probably would have never heard the name Durbin again.
 
40.png
jlw:
The Illinios GOP has no one to go to after Ryan was smeared.
Judy Baar Topinka? They keep trying to recycle Jim Edgar or Jim Thompson. They basically had no farm system. It wasn’t just everybody with the name Ryan bringing them down.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top