I
imo
Guest
Yes, sure. Words can be grave matter, I just don’t think this was the case. What do you think?
The gravity of a matter is objectively judged. It only becomes subjective when full knowledge and full consent come into the equation.I am having some trouble getting it - I can’t just assume everything is grave. I would like to find some explanation about how to distinguish and level the gravity without just going to confession for everything.
Perhaps ask yourself what did you intend to convey by those words? What did you mean to imply by saying it was demoniacle? What was your motive behind saying that?Words can be grave matter, I just don’t think this was the case.
Still no reason to state that whether jokingly or not, (that they are demonic).it came up from an understanding that these places have converted a lot of catholics.
That is often times due to various factors/reasons of the individuals leaving the Catholic Church. They’d leave whether it was some other type of Church or these pentecostal ones - or even no church at all.I am from Brazil and here almost everybody used to be catholic and now a lot of pentecostal evangelical churches pop out everytime everywhere, taking more and more people out of the Catholic Church.
You are right - ‘seems’ is the right word. People leave the CC and end up not joining any other church or faith or belief system at all.So it seems that if these churches did not exist these people would be catholic.
And judgemental. Bad enough if it’d remained in your thoughts - but it didn’t - you actually said it to others, which also changes things.But minutes after saying that I realize it was too blunt and uncharitable.
Which is why they all believe in different teachings, ranging from how to worship to how we are saved, right?The protestant religions believe in the 5 fold ministry in Ephesians. Apostles. Prophets preacher evangelical teachers. All have the Holy spirit.
Which will lead them in All Truth.
Indeed, I thought it could be wrong, but never imagined it could a mortal sin. By ignorance, it seemed to me like a position of some past documents inside the Catholic Church. Therefore, my other post. But, after researching I realized it was not and it may even be a grave sin of lack of charity or even using a strong concept (demonic) in a loose reckless way.But as in my other posts, I’ve pointed out that if you had full knowledge that it was a mortal sin, then there’d be no reason for you to ask. So as you are asking this in itself shows you lack full knowledge and therefore would change the sin from mortal to venial.
Ignorance can diminish the culpability.By ignorance
I think you’re onto the right way of looking at it.may even be a grave sin of lack of charity or even using a strong concept (demonic) in a loose reckless way.