E
eatcow0
Guest
I was researching the NIV version to try and show my girl friend who is non-denominational Christian the issues with the NIV. I compared the NIV, King James (KJV), New World Translation, (NWT, the jehovahs Bible), the Douay Rheims, (DRB) and the New American Bible (NAB), New American Standard Bible (NASB) with this passage of Isaiah 14:12.
NIV "How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! "
NASB “How you have fallen from heaven,O star of the morning, son of the dawn!You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!”
NAB “How you have fallen from heavens,O morning star, son of the dawn! how are you cut down to the ground, You who mowed down the nations!”
NWT “O how you have fallen from heaven, you shining one, son of the dawn! How you have been cut down to the earth, you who were disabling the nations!”
DRB “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, who didst rise in the morning? how art thou fallen to the earth, that didst wound the nations?”
KJV "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
I want to know what the #$%@! is going on here. Since in Rev 22:16 is says Jesus is the morning star. NAB, NASB, KJV, DRB, NWT, NIV all confirm. It looks to me that the NAB, NASB, NWT, and NIV all contradict themselves this way and grant the devil the same title of Jesus giving both equal status or something and this is not right. The NAB is supposed to be the Catholic Bible and me finding this is disconcerting. Yes I understand jehovahs is a cult, their translation is here for emphasis only.
I want to know what Bible to use, but I want to know which one is the most accurate english version so I can read Scripture how it should be.
NIV "How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! "
NASB “How you have fallen from heaven,O star of the morning, son of the dawn!You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!”
NAB “How you have fallen from heavens,O morning star, son of the dawn! how are you cut down to the ground, You who mowed down the nations!”
NWT “O how you have fallen from heaven, you shining one, son of the dawn! How you have been cut down to the earth, you who were disabling the nations!”
DRB “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, who didst rise in the morning? how art thou fallen to the earth, that didst wound the nations?”
KJV "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
I want to know what the #$%@! is going on here. Since in Rev 22:16 is says Jesus is the morning star. NAB, NASB, KJV, DRB, NWT, NIV all confirm. It looks to me that the NAB, NASB, NWT, and NIV all contradict themselves this way and grant the devil the same title of Jesus giving both equal status or something and this is not right. The NAB is supposed to be the Catholic Bible and me finding this is disconcerting. Yes I understand jehovahs is a cult, their translation is here for emphasis only.
I want to know what Bible to use, but I want to know which one is the most accurate english version so I can read Scripture how it should be.