Relic of saints

  • Thread starter Thread starter FraLeones
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FraLeones

Guest
can you help me ??

where can i request relics of saints??

please help me in my devotion… thank you
 
can you help me ??

where can i request relics of saints??

please help me in my devotion… thank you
Ask for their intercession and if it is a “Saint in the making” (Servant of God, Venerable, Blessed) than Pray for their Beatification or Canonization.

I started a thread asking a question about a relic from Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta since then I have had my question answered and I have been blessed to receive some relics…So, whenever it is convenient for you please check out the following thread

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=553685

Please do not be discouraged or take it personally if they do not reply back or if they tell you “no.”

God bless,
goforgoal
 
thank you…

im looking forward in housing a first class relic of any saint. We are building a chapel in the school where i graduate when i was in high school…

so far i house the relics of :

2nd class:
Alberto Marvelli
Elizabeth of the Trinity
Pio of Pietrelcina
M. conception
Emil Kapuan
John Paul II
Teresa taucher

3rd Class
Mother Teresa
Gemma Galgani
Solanus Casey
Laura Vicuna
teresa of Avila
John of the Cross
Claire of Assisi
catherine of Siena
Dominic Savio
Maria Goretti
Brother Andre
Peregrine

Goforgoal: do you know some more?? i am going to expose relics for exhibit in our chapel after its done …

thank you
 
You can currently receive a second class relic of Servant of God Fulton Sheen from the Fulton J. Sheen Foundation.
 
thank you…

im looking forward in housing a first class relic of any saint. We are building a chapel in the school where i graduate when i was in high school…

so far i house the relics of :

2nd class:
Alberto Marvelli
Elizabeth of the Trinity
Pio of Pietrelcina
M. conception
Emil Kapuan
John Paul II
Teresa taucher

3rd Class
Mother Teresa
Gemma Galgani
Solanus Casey
Laura Vicuna
teresa of Avila
John of the Cross
Claire of Assisi
catherine of Siena
Dominic Savio
Maria Goretti
Brother Andre
Peregrine

Goforgoal: do you know some more?? i am going to expose relics for exhibit in our chapel after its done …

thank you
Whre did you write to to recieve these relics? I am interested in obtaining a relic of Blessed John Paul II and have no idea how to get one…
 
thank you…

im looking forward in housing a first class relic of any saint. We are building a chapel in the school where i graduate when i was in high school…

so far i house the relics of :

2nd class:
Alberto Marvelli
Elizabeth of the Trinity
Pio of Pietrelcina
M. conception
Emil Kapuan
John Paul II
Teresa taucher

3rd Class
Mother Teresa
Gemma Galgani
Solanus Casey
Laura Vicuna
teresa of Avila
John of the Cross
Claire of Assisi
catherine of Siena
Dominic Savio
Maria Goretti
Brother Andre
Peregrine

Goforgoal: do you know some more?? i am going to expose relics for exhibit in our chapel after its done …

thank you
Last month I was going through our holy medals which I keep in small clear plastic zip bag and I came across a second class (Ex Indumentis) of St. Eugene de Mazenod, founder of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate. My mom received this while on a Pilgrimage in France or Italy in the late 80’s.

As for obtaining a 1st Class Relic you can Search on CAF and most of what I read is you have to contact Rome and explain to them why you would like a 1st Class Relic.

Unfortunatley, there are many online websites that claim they sell 1st Class Relics whatever you do please do not buy these as this is against the Code of Canon Law.
TITLE IV.
THE VENERATION OF THE SAINTS, SACRED IMAGES, AND RELICS (Cann. 1186 - 1190)
Can. 1186 To foster the sanctification of the people of God, the Church commends to the special and filial reverence of the Christian faithful the Blessed Mary ever Virgin, Mother of God, whom Christ established as the mother of all people, and promotes the true and authentic veneration of the other saints whose example instructs the Christian faithful and whose intercession sustains them.
Can. 1187 It is permitted to reverence through public veneration only those servants of God whom the authority of the Church has recorded in the list of the saints or the blessed.
Can. 1188 The practice of displaying sacred images in churches for the reverence of the faithful is to remain in effect. Nevertheless, they are to be exhibited in moderate number and in suitable order so that the Christian people are not confused nor occasion given for inappropriate devotion.
Can. 1189 If they are in need of repair, precious images, that is, those distinguished by age, art, or veneration, which are exhibited in churches or oratories for the reverence of the faithful are never to be restored without the written permission of the ordinary; he is to consult experts before he grants permission.
Can. 1190 §1. It is absolutely forbidden to sell sacred relics.
§2. Relics of great significance and other relics honored with great reverence by the people cannot be alienated validly in any manner or transferred permanently without the permission of the Apostolic See.
§3. The prescript of §2 is valid also for images which are honored in some church with great reverence by the people.
vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/__P4D.HTM
 
thank you go for goal…

i think its hard to get a first class relic 🙂
 
thank you go for goal…

i think its hard to get a first class relic 🙂
I’m not really sure if it is difficult to obtain a First Class Relic or not. I have read a few CAF members who have been blessed to receive First Class Relics. As for me, I don’t believe I am worthy enough to obtain a First class relic and if I ever did I would most likely give it to a loved one more worthy that me, our Parish, or to the/a Religious order.

Could you borrow a First Class relic to be venerated at the Church?
Saint Brother André’s reliquary in your parish
A number of parishes have already received the reliquary in their church permitting their parishioners to venerate the relics of the new Canadian saint
The Pastoral Ministry team at Saint Joseph’s Oratory wishes to make this unique reliquary available to parishes.
Requests may be addressed to
Father Mario Lachapell, CSC
Tel.: 514 733-8211
or email: MLachapelle@osj.qc.ca
Let us together to encourage devotion to Saint Brother André!
saint-joseph.org/en_1224_index.php

Sorry if I am not much help perhaps another CAF member will come to the rescue.

FraLeones Can you please tell me who M. Conception and Teresa Taucher is?

God bless you on your journey and perhaps St. Anthony of Padua and St. Nathaniel will help you too.
 
M. Conception is a servant of God of the carmelite order

teresa Tauscher is a Blessed of Her founded congregation… carmelite some thing…

i need a first class relic for our new built chapel.
 
M. Conception is a servant of God of the carmelite order

teresa Tauscher is a Blessed of Her founded congregation… carmelite some thing…

i need a first class relic for our new built chapel.
Thank you for this.

Servant of God, Mother Conception of St. James and St. Theresa Pray for us. Amen.

madreconcepcion.com/es/index.php/english

or

facebook.com/pages/Beatify-and-Canonize-the-Servant-of-God-Mother-Mary-Conception-DC/109247725814840?v=info

Blessed Maria Teresa of St. Joseph (foundress of the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus) Pray for us. Amen.

carmelitedcj.org/foundress.asp

Something else you might want to consider (I actually seen this posted on CAF before)
At one time, it was quite common to find a number of places in Rome that would allow you to acquire a relic. A relic can never be purchased because it is a holy object, but you would make an offering for the metal case in which it came. The largest collection of relics in Rome belongs to the Vatican and it kept at the Lateran. Actually they are kept at a small convent nearby. The practice of making relics available to the public ended more than ten years ago at the insistence of the Vatican. Today you can apply to this Reliquarium for a specific relic only with a Nihil Obstat or a letter of permission from your local bishop. You must also state that the relic is to be used for a church altar or other public religious purpose. The private ownership of relics is highly discouraged.
santasusanna.org/faqLinks/faqLinks.html

For All the Saints Relics

forallthesaints.info/index.htm

God bless,

goforgoal
 
I would dearly love to have a 1st class one of either
  1. St Bernard Tolomei or
  2. St Francesca Romana (St Frances of Rome)
Any ideas?
 
I would dearly love to have a 1st class one of either
  1. St Bernard Tolomei or
  2. St Francesca Romana (St Frances of Rome)
Any ideas?
First of all Luigi Daniele, May God reward you for introducing these two Saints to light. I have never heard of them until you mentioned them.

As for your other question I’m sorry but I’m not really sure how to answer them. Have you tried contacting a Benedictine Order?

**Asking for the intercession of St. Bernard Tolomei

Lord our God, through blessed abbot Bernard, you enriched Your Church with a new form of monastic observance. Strengthened by his help and example may we gain the good things prepared for those who believe in You. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. **

svamonks.org/2011/02/feast-of-presentation.html

One of my best friend’s drives cab so when I found out one of her Patronage’s is for Taxi drivers I was quite amazed.

Have you tried contacing the Piazza Santa Francesca Romana?

Piazza Santa Francesca Romana

Santa Francesca Romana

Piazza Santa Francesca Romana, 4, 00186 Roma, Italy
+39 06 679 5528

*Copied and Pasted from Google Maps *

You might have to do a better research as I’m not very familiar with both Saints…So, I’m not even sure if the above is the correct mailing address.

Sorry if I wasn’t much help and God bless you on your search,

goforgoal
 
I really appreciate your efforts. Thanks:thumbsup:
I do apologize if I wasn’t much help.

FraLeones Would you mind telling more about the Chapel? Will it be dedicated to a certain Saint? ← Perhaps, the Bishop of the Diocese could contact a specific order or community for a 1st Class Relic.

I have to admit I don’t really know how to obtain a 1st Class relic? I never really tried nor asked. 🤷 However, I have been truly blessed to receive 2nd and 3rd class relics.

FraLeones are you donating the relics you have to the Chapel?

God bless,

goforgoal
 
GoForGoal,
Do you know how to obtain one from Blessed Solanus Casey,
Saint Gemma or Saints Bernadette or Faustina?

God Bless~
Thanks~Bix
 
GoForGoal,
Do you know how to obtain one from Blessed Solanus Casey,
Saint Gemma or Saints Bernadette or Faustina?

God Bless~
Thanks~Bix
Ven. Solanus Casey is mentioned by CAF member Blue Eyes on page.1, post #15

If you look on page 2, post #28 you will find how I was able to obtain a third class relic of St. Gemma Galgani.

I was blessed to receive a holy Prayer card third class of St. Maria Faustina Kowalska of the Most Blessed sacrament relic along with a holy prayer card of the Divine Mercy (which I gave to my Aunt who was mourning the loss of her husband) and a holy prayer card of Our Lady from a dear CAF member TempleofTheSoul you may read about it on page 4, post #52

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=553685

As for St. Bernadette, I’m not too sure.

I know I am referring to my thread once again and I don’t mean to upset or push the OP away from his questions…I also wanted to (re)post my thread so I don’t have to repeat where and how I have been blessed to obtain the following holy relics.

FraLeones, God bless you on your search for 1st Class Relics.

Praying for the intercession of St. Nathaniel and St. Anthony of Padua.

God bless,

goforgoal
 
I would dearly love to have a 1st class one of either
  1. St Bernard Tolomei or
  2. St Francesca Romana (St Frances of Rome)
Any ideas?
It would be impossible to receive a relic of St Bernard , since he caught the plague and buried in a mass grave.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top