G
gambino
Guest
I’ve recently looked into getting an annulment. If you’ve followed my posts, you’ll know that I really have a hard time believing that pursuing an annulment is right. It is hard to justify in my mind between two consensual adults. Even though its painful to be alone now, I know that I entered the marriage full-well knowing that it would be permanent even in really bad times. Thats why over 2 years later, I’m reluctant to date or give the impression of living a life of not being married. (Even though, I have fallen and been on a very lonely date or two
) I’d welcome her with open arms like a prodigal coming home.
That said, it’s not normal in a marriage to have no contact for over 2 years. We’ve been divorced for two years as well. She has pretty much disappeared.
So I guess what I am asking is this… Is it possible to write a letter to her as part of the annulment with the hope of changing her heart (and/or sexuality)? I’m hoping that the tribunal would deliver it to her and at least let her know where I am coming from. (I don’t want to send it by myself b/c I don’t know where she lives). Also, can an annulment find that a marriage never existed in the church if I fully believe that I personally entered it with every intention for it to succeed? Now before I get attacked on this forum, I do take blame for not being a perfect husband. But I honestly would be happily married today if she was still there. And from my perspective, the marriage was valid. The only potential issues are her upbringing, sexuality issues and abandonment of me with no contact after two years.
That said, it’s not normal in a marriage to have no contact for over 2 years. We’ve been divorced for two years as well. She has pretty much disappeared.
So I guess what I am asking is this… Is it possible to write a letter to her as part of the annulment with the hope of changing her heart (and/or sexuality)? I’m hoping that the tribunal would deliver it to her and at least let her know where I am coming from. (I don’t want to send it by myself b/c I don’t know where she lives). Also, can an annulment find that a marriage never existed in the church if I fully believe that I personally entered it with every intention for it to succeed? Now before I get attacked on this forum, I do take blame for not being a perfect husband. But I honestly would be happily married today if she was still there. And from my perspective, the marriage was valid. The only potential issues are her upbringing, sexuality issues and abandonment of me with no contact after two years.