Rep. Bachmann won't seek re-election

  • Thread starter Thread starter oldcelt
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has about as much chance being elected govenor outside of the bible belt as Obama does being elected Pope.
True. She won her last election by 1 point. And she would likely have lost her re-election in 2014.

Minnesota will never elect Bachmann to statewide office of any kind.

Even Republican operative Steve Schmidt labeled her a “disgrace to the party.”
 
True. She won her last election by 1 point. And she would likely have lost her re-election in 2014.

Minnesota will never elect Bachmann to statewide office of any kind.

Even Republican operative Steve Schmidt labeled her a “disgrace to the party.”
She won by 2 percentage points and she is a target because of her moral beliefs, Walker won Wisconsin and that is with heavy threats from the Unions. Gay lobbies and others pour money into campaigns against her.

That’s just your opinion, Tim Pawlenty won the governorship, it could happen again.

So what if Steve Shcmidt criticized Bachmann, so did John McCain because of what Bachmann knows and she is bold to state her views.
 
Unfortunately, Wisconsin, is way ahead of Minnesota, enshrined marriage in the State Constitution.

Wisconsin, now considering 3 anti abortion bills:
Madison — Bills that would ban use of taxpayer money to cover abortion in public employees’ health insurance plans, free religious groups from having to provide contraception in their employee health plans and outlaw abortions meant to choose the sex of a fetus came before lawmakers in a hearing Wednesday.
Governor Mark Dayton, Minnesota, raising taxes, signing gay marriage, friend of proponents of infanticide Planned Parenthood. Voted for Partial Birth Abortion as a Senator. Born into Money, spends that of other people.

Governor Scott Walker, moral compass, self made man, brave man. Brave like Bachmann.
 
She won by 2 percentage points and she is a target because of her moral beliefs, Walker won Wisconsin and that is with heavy threats from the Unions. Gay lobbies and others pour money into campaigns against her.

That’s just your opinion, Tim Pawlenty won the governorship, it could happen again.
To compare Bachmann to Pawlenty is farcical.

And no, it’s not just MY opinion. Steve Schmidt is one of the most practical Republican operatives and commentators out there. I just finished watching him being interviewed regarding Bachmann. He threw her under the bus. “Ignorant” , “extremist” , and “disgraceful” were some of the words he used to describe Bachmann.
 
To compare Bachmann to Pawlenty is farcical.

And no, it’s not just MY opinion. Steve Schmidt is one of the most practical Republican operatives and commentators out there. I just finished watching him being interviewed regarding Bachmann. He threw her under the bus. “Ignorant” , “extremist” , and “disgraceful” were some of the words he used to describe Bachmann.
John McCain criticized Bachmann too, just for merely pointing out what everyone knows, Muslim interests are in the White House, everyone gets criticized, except Steve Schmidt I’ve heard of but the question with him is “Who is this guy?”
You know I thought it was a telling display of established elitist Republican garble between Joe Scarborough and failed self labeled political genius Steve Schmidt on Morning Joe. Schmidt, best known for destroying the McCain/Palin campaign from behind the curtain called Michelle Bachmann a fool which I found to be very offensive and a punk move on his part.
Oh, this is Steve Schmidt, Hey, have you heard how MSNBC’s ratings are crashing and burning big time. Why? Steve Schmidt, appears on MSNBC? Gee, why didn’t I think of this??
 
I wasn’t a big fan of Bachmann. I viewed her as sort of a grandstanding, attention seeker that didn’t always have her facts straight. She made conservatives look bad. Hopefully she will be replaced with a conservative. To her credit - she was very pro-life and I appreciate her for that.

Ishii
The media made her look bad, you can say that about Rick Santorum too.

No, Bachmann stood for principle and established the Tea Party Caucus and would truly be loved in places like Texas. Wisconsin is getting on the right track and of course, from Democrat interests, Gov. Walker has been bad-mouthed highly, even threats per the occurrence at the airport 2 years back or so.

Mainstream media doesn’t like Palin, Santorum, Bachmann, Allan West but in Ted Cruz, I think the MSM has found their match and someone who won’t back down.
 
John McCain criticized Bachmann too, just for merely pointing out what everyone knows, Muslim interests are in the White House, everyone gets criticized, except Steve Schmidt I’ve heard of but the question with him is “Who is this guy?”

Oh, this is Steve Schmidt, Hey, have you heard how MSNBC’s ratings are crashing and burning big time. Why? Steve Schmidt, appears on MSNBC? Gee, why didn’t I think of this??
It is a progressive tactic to go on the internet and talk radio and quote progressive republicans
trashing conservatives. I’m surprised he didn’t use Bill O’Reilly. 🤷
 
The media made her look bad, you can say that about Rick Santorum too.

No, Bachmann stood for principle and established the Tea Party Caucus and would truly be loved in places like Texas. Wisconsin is getting on the right track and of course, from Democrat interests, Gov. Walker has been bad-mouthed highly, even threats per the occurrence at the airport 2 years back or so.

Mainstream media doesn’t like Palin, Santorum, Bachmann, Allan West but in Ted Cruz, I think the MSM has found their match and someone who won’t back down.
Certainly the media tries to make all conservatives bad (and all Republicans- cf: Wa press corp plotting to trip up Romney on his Benghazi comments).

However, even though Bachmann was conservative, I don’t think she was the best spokesperson for conservative ideals. Neither was Palin (and Allan West, imo). They lack intellectual depth and seem to be mostly good at preaching to the choir - appearing on the Hannity show and right wing talk radio, etc. rather than in gaining new converts to common sense conservative ideas. I think the media has met its match in Ted Cruz and Rubio (perhaps) because they are very smart individuals who are good at making the case for conservative principles. Perhaps Rand Paul is in that group too. They have a gravitas that the others lack. I look forward to 2016 when I consider that all three of those individuals might make a run. There are also intriguing conservative leaders such as Kelly Ayotte, Susanna Martinez and Bobby Jindal. Jindal is probably the smartest of the bunch but I don’t know if he has the political savy needed. To be successful you have to appeal to a wider audience not a narrow group of conservatives (sorry Michelle Bachmann). And you have to have a combination of intellectual depth and political savy.

Ishii
 
Certainly the media tries to make all conservatives bad (and all Republicans- cf: Wa press corp plotting to trip up Romney on his Benghazi comments).

However, even though Bachmann was conservative, I don’t think she was the best spokesperson for conservative ideals. Neither was Palin (and Allan West, imo). They lack intellectual depth and seem to be mostly good at preaching to the choir - appearing on the Hannity show and right wing talk radio, etc. rather than in gaining new converts to common sense conservative ideas. I think the media has met its match in Ted Cruz and Rubio (perhaps) because they are very smart individuals who are good at making the case for conservative principles. Perhaps Rand Paul is in that group too. They have a gravitas that the others lack. I look forward to 2016 when I consider that all three of those individuals might make a run. There are also intriguing conservative leaders such as Kelly Ayotte, Susanna Martinez and Bobby Jindal. Jindal is probably the smartest of the bunch but I don’t know if he has the political savy needed. To be successful you have to appeal to a wider audience not a narrow group of conservatives (sorry Michelle Bachmann). And you have to have a combination of intellectual depth and political savy.

Ishii
In your opinion who is worse for the Republican Party: Bachmann or Chris Christie?
 
Bachmann is a (slightly) less airheaded version of Sarah Palin (her infamous Hezbolah has missles in Cuba remark :rolleyes:). She appeals to Republican evangelicals and warmongers. I’m sure she’ll make a good addition to the Fox “news” staff, with lotsa long shots to show off her legs, like the other Fox blondes do.
Nothing like selling sex along with the propaganda.
:cool:
 
Bachmann is a (slightly) less airheaded version of Sarah Palin (her infamous Hezbolah has missles in Cuba remark :rolleyes:). She appeals to Republican evangelicals and warmongers. I’m sure she’ll make a good addition to the Fox “news” staff, with lotsa long shots to show off her legs, like the other Fox blondes do.
Nothing like selling sex along with the propaganda.
:cool:
Ah yes, that Republican porn. 🙂
 
Ah yes, that Republican porn. 🙂
To be fair, it just ain’t Fox.
A few months ago I surfed into MSNBC and saw a female host crouched (not sitting) in what had to be a very uncomfortable position with her dress up pretty high so we get full shot of her legs. It was actually rather funny if you catch it in the right frame of mind. I see less skin watching the old Benny Hill show.
😃
 
Bachmann is a (slightly) less airheaded version of Sarah Palin (her infamous Hezbolah has missles in Cuba remark :rolleyes:). She appeals to Republican evangelicals and warmongers. I’m sure she’ll make a good addition to the Fox “news” staff, with lotsa long shots to show off her legs, like the other Fox blondes do.
Nothing like selling sex along with the propaganda.
:cool:
I think the topic she was commenting on was normalizing relations with Cuba. The Hezbollah/Cuba connection was from an Italian newspaper. It’s not like Hezbollah has targeted Jewish sites in South America.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMIA_bombing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_attack_on_Israeli_embassy_in_Buenos_Aires

nbcnews.com/id/17874369/ns/world_news-americas/t/hezbollah-builds-western-base/

usacac.army.mil/cac2/call/docs/11-15/ch_11.asp

Warmonger indeed. Stay classy!

:rolleyes:
 
To be fair, it just ain’t Fox.
A few months ago I surfed into MSNBC and saw a female host crouched (not sitting) in what had to be a very uncomfortable position with her dress up pretty high so we get full shot of her legs. It was actually rather funny if you catch it in the right frame of mind. I see less skin watching the old Benny Hill show.
😃
They are all rather shameless when it comes to this. It reminds me of the Don Henly song “Dirty Laundry”…“I just have to look good, I don’t have to be clear.”
 
Bachmann is a (slightly) less airheaded version of Sarah Palin (her infamous Hezbolah has missles in Cuba remark :rolleyes:). She appeals to Republican evangelicals and warmongers. I’m sure she’ll make a good addition to the Fox “news” staff, with lotsa long shots to show off her legs, like the other Fox blondes do.
Nothing like selling sex along with the propaganda.
:cool:
Is that an indication on how you view women? Perhaps you think they should be wearing hijabs and burkas.
 
Is that an indication on how you view women? Perhaps you think they should be wearing hijabs and burkas.
Wrong Paul fans have a general disdain for any social conservative. Double plus good if it’s a woman.
 
Warmonger indeed. Stay classy!

:rolleyes:
Iran is at a point right now where America has to be very aggressive in our response. We can’t remove any option off the table, and we should not remove the nuclear response.
Interview on Minnesota Public Radio, May 3, 2006

This woman shouldn’t be put in charge of the local McDonalds.
 
They are all rather shameless when it comes to this. It reminds me of the Don Henly song “Dirty Laundry”…“I just have to look good, I don’t have to be clear.”
And it shows the mentality you’re dealing with. We need a Reformation within the news industry to return news to the serious profession it once was.
 
And it shows the mentality you’re dealing with. We need a Reformation within the news industry to return news to the serious profession it once was.
Just re-introducing the news desk would be a good start. In the “Golden Age”, you never even knew that broadcasters had legs…it will probably never happen…sex sells.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top