Reporting heresy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kendy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kendy

Guest
How do you report a priest and catholic activitist who you believe have gone to far?

Kendy
 
To report it, I would write to the Bishop of the Diocese in which it happened.

And if nothing is done maybe one could write to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in Rome. (But as I understand it, it is proper to always write to the Bishop first.)
 
To report it, I would write to the Bishop of the Diocese in which it happened.

And if nothing is done maybe one could write to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in Rome. (But as I understand it, it is proper to always write to the Bishop first.)
If the priest is not a diocesian priest, but a member of another order, should the head of that order be contacted?

Kendy
 
How do you report a priest and catholic activitist who you believe have gone to far?

Kendy
Before reporting anyone have you spoken to the priest in question to see if your understanding of the situation is actually correct. You may have misunderstood him. Because you think he has gone too far does not necessarily mean that is the case. I think the priest at least deserves the courtesy of you talking to him first.
 
Before reporting anyone have you spoken to the priest in question to see if your understanding of the situation is actually correct. You may have misunderstood him. Because you think he has gone too far does not necessarily mean that is the case. I think the priest at least deserves the courtesy of you talking to him first.
He’s not my priest. We are not even in the same state. He has a television show so what he did is documented on his show; the episode made me really angry.

Here’s the link.

iwidgit.com/hosted.htm
 
Which show is it and about when was the comment. I am currently watching one show and they each are about 30 minutes long.

Thanks
God Bless
Scylla
 
Which show is it and about when was the comment. I am currently watching one show and they each are about 30 minutes long.

Thanks
God Bless
Scylla
It’s the last two. They are called the church of tomorrow.
 
Which show is it and about when was the comment. I am currently watching one show and they each are about 30 minutes long.

Thanks
God Bless
Scylla
The whole show is problematic. There is no bad part. Thanks for watching.
 
Yea, I basically threw up a little watching that trash… hope someone does something about that…
 
Yea, I basically threw up a little watching that trash… hope someone does something about that…
Well, I am trying to, but who do I talk to. I tried to look on the vatican website for info, but nothing was obvious. I am going to try to get in touch with who ever is in charge of his order, but I don’t know much else.

Kendy
 
I am not sure if he is or not as he doesn’t come around often or make himself very much known.

He seems to be very involved in immigration and social issues, unfortunately there is a lot of liberal parishes in his diocese and the seminary has a brand new circular chapel with books like Hans Kung on the shelves. They also recommend Raymond Brown as a Bible Scholar.

So if he is orthodox he does a pretty bad job of keeping the liberals in check. I suspect he is liberal but I have never really heard him talk or seen him, except in pictures. So all I can do is look at the results of his leadership, there is a circular chapel at the diocese but it isn’t as bad as the seminary.

I pray for him and look forward to the day I might meet him to ask about this sort of thing in a charitable way, of course since he is my Bishop. He doesn’t seem like a bad guy, he just lets the parishes get away with a lot. So he might just be a very loose administrator, which is what you don’t want.

Heck St. Paul covered a much larger area with less communication ability, plus a whole bunch of other disadvantages and he was pretty up on his reprimands to churches.
This was almost 2000 years ago, why can’t our Bishops do similar?
We need more Bishops like Bishop Fabian Bruskewitz.

God Bless
Scylla
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top