Republican convention to be scaled back due to coronavirus

  • Thread starter Thread starter RidgeSprinter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooops.

Yeah, outside in Florida in August in a suit. What could go wrong?
 
Ooops.

Yeah, outside in Florida in August in a suit. What could go wrong?
I was in Tarpon Springs ( Tampa Bay ) from Jun 30 to Jun 6 on vacation. Driving on I-75 from I-10 to the exit for Tampa Bay, the temp was a balmy 99 to 100 degrees. I hated to leave the coolness of the vacation rental.

The one day, we spent at the beach was miserable. Nice breeze coming off the ocean, but it was breeze from Gehenna. Water is like warm bath water.
 
The one day, we spent at the beach was miserable. Nice breeze coming off the ocean, but it was breeze from Gehenna.
That’s Florida!
Water is like warm bath water.
That’s the Gulf!

I was raised in Florida. It’s always hot. Humidity is always a factor.

When I was working news at the campus radio station in Gainesville, if we forgot to rip the weather from the printer we would just say “Partly cloudy with highs in the upper 80s to low 90s with a 40% chance of afternoon showers”.
 
When I was working news at the campus radio station in Gainesville, if we forgot to rip the weather from the printer we would just say “Partly cloudy with highs in the upper 80s to low 90s with a 40% chance of afternoon showers”.
We did not get any rain until the night before we left. I felt Mother Nature was playing a joke.
 
The one day, we spent at the beach was miserable. Nice breeze coming off the ocean, but it was breeze from Gehenna. Water is like warm bath water.
Go to Hawaii.

At least the trade winds are cool and the beaches, in my definitely biased opinion, are so much better.

I used to walk my dog 🐶 on this beach, Keawakapu beach.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top