Republicans gather for fight night in Vegas

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for those poorer folk who are still trying to save money with dialup where YouTube runs as slow as molasses or those of us who don’t have smartphones.
Um…okay. Those poorer folk who are watching it on CNN could cancel their cable or dish service and save money that way. That’s what I did. 🙂

Oh, and there is free wifi all over the place. If you are only able to access dial-up, you need to update your computer to the 21st Century. 😛
 
They were all acting like children. Especially Romney and Perry. For a moment I thought Perry or Romney would punch the other in the face. It was heated. It frankly made me a little embarrassed to be a Republican.

Ron and Newt seemed to be the two adults in the room.
 
How could displaying his thorough knowledge of politics at a pivotal time in American history be considered cheap?
Because he isn’t running against Obama, not yet at least and I doubt he ever will. He is running against the Republican candidates. Challenge Perry, Cain, Romney, Huntsman or Bachman to a debate and if he wins the nomination then he can debate Obama.
 
Um…okay. Those poorer folk who are watching it on CNN could cancel their cable or dish service and save money that way. That’s what I did. 🙂

Oh, and there is free wifi all over the place. If you are only able to access dial-up, you need to update your computer to the 21st Century. 😛
Well that would be very foolish for me to do because cable is included in my condo association fee. Why would I cancel cable and still have to pay for it? 🤷
Can those folks update out of dialup and still pay < $10 mo? And I’m not talking about some kind of promo when later the price jumps.
 
Well that would be very foolish for me to do because cable is included in my condo association fee. Why would I cancel cable and still have to pay for it? 🤷
Can those folks update out of dialup and still pay < $10 mo? And I’m not talking about some kind of promo when later the price jumps.
They can have unlimited, free wifi at multiple locations. However, they can enjoy a cup of coffee at many cafes. Why are you bringing this up? Is this an OWS moment? Quit whining and watch the debates any way you want to. Sheesh!
 
Because he isn’t running against Obama, not yet at least and I doubt he ever will. He is running against the Republican candidates. Challenge Perry, Cain, Romney, Huntsman or Bachman to a debate and if he wins the nomination then he can debate Obama.
:amen: Until then it’s nothing but air from Newt.
 
They can have unlimited, free wifi at multiple locations. However, they can enjoy a cup of coffee at many cafes. Why are you bringing this up? Is this an OWS moment? Quit whining and watch the debates any way you want to. Sheesh!
Because you said, “You can always watch these on YouTube, as well”. 🤷

Let me know Rig who you thought won after you watch. 👍
 
i was gone most of the evening so i didn’t get to see the live debate. i watched some of the rerun, however. i still don’t have a decision made as to who i want to vote for.
i have 3 or 4 that i am keeping my eye on.
 
They were all acting like children. Especially Romney and Perry. For a moment I thought Perry or Romney would punch the other in the face. It was heated. It frankly made me a little embarrassed to be a Republican.

Ron and Newt seemed to be the two adults in the room.
I definitely agree with that analysis. Gingrich had a line tonight about how bickering wasn’t the way for Republicans to get to the nomination. And, quite frankly his actions match those words. Even thought Gingrich isn’t doing the best, he sure hasn’t taken too many shots at his rivals. And when he does, he’ll give them credit for the good that they bring to the field, but then criticize their ideas, and not their personality or character.

Ron Paul does the same. He promotes himself and his platform. Where other candidates disagree with his platform, he challenges people (like how Herman Cain used to be a Fed Reserve chair).

On the whole though, Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich are quite frankly the embodiment of a bygone era where politics wasn’t about 10 second soundbytes and lots of clash and attack ads and digging up dirt. But when it was about substance, policies, ideas, and solving problems. That’s what they’re about.

P.S.
IMO I think rlg94086 and CMatt25 should stop posting about how neither of them have watched the debate, and how people can watch the debate. This thread is about people’s reactions to the debate or the republican field if they haven’t watched it.

Politely: please stop being off topic. Thank you:tiphat:
 
Ron Paul won.

I think Bachmann and Santorum were a little confused on where they were. They thought they were running for President of Israel or something.
 
P.S.
IMO I think rlg94086 and CMatt25 should stop posting about how neither of them have watched the debate, and how people can watch the debate. This thread is about people’s reactions to the debate or the republican field if they haven’t watched it.

Politely: please stop being off topic. Thank you:tiphat:
We had already stopped, but thanks for chastising us after the fact. :tiphat: 😛
 
I definitely agree with that analysis. Gingrich had a line tonight about how bickering wasn’t the way for Republicans to get to the nomination. And, quite frankly his actions match those words. Even thought Gingrich isn’t doing the best, he sure hasn’t taken too many shots at his rivals. And when he does, he’ll give them credit for the good that they bring to the field, but then criticize their ideas, and not their personality or character.
My friends and I have nicknamed Newt the cheerleader. It’s like he’s running for VP or for a cabinet post, not President. He’s my third choice (behind the two libertarians running).
Ron Paul does the same. He promotes himself and his platform. Where other candidates disagree with his platform, he challenges people (like how Herman Cain used to be a Fed Reserve chair).
My friends and I were watching the debate together and when Romney and Perry were going at it, one of them said, “Ron should jump in,” but quickly said, “Actually, no. He shouldn’t. He’ll come off looking on top.”
On the whole though, Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich are quite frankly the embodiment of a bygone era where politics wasn’t about 10 second soundbytes and lots of clash and attack ads and digging up dirt. But when it was about substance, policies, ideas, and solving problems. That’s what they’re about.
I hope voters see this and realize that these two great men are thinkers and visionaries. They’re the problem solvers. The others just want to be President and will do whatever it takes to do it (including almost starting a fist fight on national television). If your ideas and principles drive you, you don’t need to rely on vicious fighting.

At one point I asked, “Doesn’t Perry carry a gun with him at all times? This should be interesting.”

Does anyone think this debate helped Perry? Or did the fighting hurt him?
Do you think Cain will still be the flavor of the month for the next few weeks, or is he starting to fade?
 
I would pay to see that debate!

Newt would win that hands down.
 
Santorum is definitively the best catholic candidate. Santorum is the only one to bring up family values which should be the focus of any conservative.
 
I’d like to see all the GOPs debate each other this way, I guess it would have to be done playoff-style.
 
I like Santorum but I think he’s mistaken on defense and his foreign policy. I don’t trust Romney partly because he’s Mormon and I understand how bizarre and possibly damaging their beliefs are. Ron Paul once again made the most sense up there and Newt always impresses me with his understanding of the issues.

There were a ton of Mormons at that debate. You could hear them support Romney religiously. One more reason not to vote for him. It’s too bad we’re going to be stuck with Romney. The powers that be have chosen him
 
Something how they dig up dirt, how in world would anyone know Romney had illegal immigrants working around his home in Mass.? Paul has a facinating mind and a great temperment. I’m convinced he can turn the economy around. And by keeping American in tune and up to speed with “exactly” what he is doing.

I see no other candidates but Romney and Paul and I just am far from sold on Romney.

Peace
 
Something how they dig up dirt, how in world would anyone know Romney had illegal immigrants working around his home in Mass.? Paul has a facinating mind and a great temperment. I’m convinced he can turn the economy around. And by keeping American in tune and up to speed with “exactly” what he is doing.

I see no other candidates but Romney and Paul and I just am far from sold on Romney.

Peace
I don’t think Mitt Romney would knowingly allow illegal immigrants to do jobs on his property, knowing the political damage that that could do. I trust him on this, I think if he gets a contractor and that contractor employs illegal immigrants and they work on his property then later Mitt Romney finds out about it and lets them go, that is not his fault or responsibility but the contractors.

What Mitt Romney does have is a presidential calm even in the middle of a quick sparring debate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top