I don’t agree. There’s such a thing as the temporal punishment due to sin. One can’t walk away from the material things one has done just becauseone has gone to Confession. Otherwise, why are Catholic criminals who have confessed their crimes sincerely and been forgiven doing time in prison?
Gingrich is a smart man, but he’s like Marley with all the chains still hanging from him, and America knows it. There’s room for him, but not at the top.
I do agree with you that Newt has too much “baggage” to really win. He’s admitted to a lot of that in the past, but it’s STILL not enough for him to make a break to the nomination.
Personally, I feel Romney, Cain, and Paul won the night.
Perry is DONE. Stick a fork in him. Talk about a supposedly “smart, talented” governor not being able to deal with a debate or give a speech. Sheesh.
I still have hope for Bachmann-------but somehow I doubt she’ll make it past January. Maybe she can hang on long enough to see Perry drop out (IF he does). She can then try to regain fire as an “Anti-Romney” alternative (like Cain).
Paul-----I still agree with a lot of his positions, but he is NOT going to be the nominee. Sorry. He is too anti-Israel, too “let’s leave Iran alone” for the MSM or even me to accept. A sign of this is the debate people not even allowing him to make a closing statement. Again, sorry.
Santorum is a NON-ENTITY here. He lost all credibility anyway when he declared that he has a record of “beating Democrats.” He conveninently left out his major loss to Pro-Life Democrat Bob Casey.
Cain-----needs to flesh out, simplify, and tinker with his 9-9-9 plan, then try to sell it again to the public, and see what happens. Needs to take out the sales tax side of it. Needs to also clarify on his positions. May emerge as the one true alternative to Romney.
Romney--------did OK in the debate, came off just as annoying as Perry did when arguing with each other, but was generally on target, “Presidential,” and scored a direct hit against Cain questioning his 9-9-9 plan. Unless somehting REALLY surprising happens, I see him being the nominee.
Question----where was Gov. Johnson? Hunstsman skipped the debate to focus on New Hampshire, but where was Johnson?
Another question: why can’t Bachmann stop mentioning the fact that she is a MOTHER and FOSTER MOTHER over and over again? (Yes, we know you are that, Michele, we get it).
Anyway-------
That’s my take. Take of it what you will.