Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

“infections spiked to an all-time high”

All this despite lockdowns in many areas,
masking-up,
social distancing,
(except for some Democrat politicians as we have all seen) etc.

Yet the winter spike continues anyway.

Record levels in fact!

Restaurant workers out of work again as virus surges anew​

By TAMMY WEBBER, DANIELLA PETERS and BRIAN MELLEYNovember 24, 2020

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Waiters and bartenders are being thrown out of work — again — as governors and local officials shut down indoor dining and drinking establishments to combat the nationwide surge in coronavirus infections that is overwhelming hospitals and dashing hopes for a quick economic recovery.

And the timing, just before the holidays, couldn’t be worse.

Restaurant owner Greg Morena in Los Angeles County was trying to figure out his next step after officials in the nation’s largest county banned in-person dining for at least three weeks, beginning Wednesday. But he was mainly dreading having to notify his employees.

“To tell you, ‘I can’t employ you during the holidays,’ to staff that has family and kids, I haven’t figured that part out yet. It’s the heaviest weight that I carry,” said Morena, who had to close one restaurant earlier in the year and has two operating at the Santa Monica Pier.

Randine Karnitz, a server in Elk River, Minnesota, said her boss laid her off last week after Gov. Tim Walz announced that bars, restaurants and gyms would close for four weeks as infections spiked to an all-time high . . .

masking-up,
social distancing,
Yup, as has been said from the beginning these measures help but aren’t sufficient by themselves. We need stricter lockdowns, frequent testing, isolated quarantines, and the government needs to pay people to stay home.

“infections spiked to an all-time high”

masking-up,
social distancing,
(except for some Democrat politicians as we have all seen) etc.

Yet the winter spike continues anyway.

Record levels in fact!
Do you believe that infections would be less without restrictions?

Yup, as has been said from the beginning these measures help but aren’t sufficient by themselves. We need stricter lockdowns, frequent testing, isolated quarantines, and the government needs to pay people to stay home.
Substituting mitigation for real safety and ignoring risks of “stricter lockdowns” all at the same time.

I think you should tell the Democrat politicians to follow their own mandates.

America has record testing. I get offered free tests when I don’t even need them.

I disagree with your approach.

Mitigation does not change the amount of infections. It flattens the curve.

The experts have been telling us that for a long time.

You can’t “emotion away” a virus.

Self-destruction of the economy does not help either.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call what some areas have had “lock down.”

Ex: Not going to work, but going to the local bar or to someone’s social event at their house without a mask.

48.png
Motherwit:
Mitigation does not change the amount of infections. It flattens the curve.

The experts have been telling us that for a long time.

You can’t “emotion away” a virus.

Self-destruction of the economy does not help either.
Denmark, Norway, Finland juxtaposed with Sweden, proves you wrong. It’s only the quacks and conspiracy theorists who can’t absorb the truth.

Last edited:
100, 000 people in hospital with Covid today. Infection rates spiralling out of control. Deaths daily very concerning.

100,000 hospital beds full of covid patients.

Despite all these mandates.
2, 800 dead in the last 24 hrs. So which mandates are law and which laws are failing and which media and individuals are treating the entire thing as a joke.

What would the numbers be if the laws and mandates in place were not working

2, 800 dead in the last 24 hrs. So which mandates are law and which laws are failing and which media and individuals are treating the entire thing as a joke.

You are running an invalid one sided argument.
If people were not voluntarily complying to personal mandates, how much worse could it be?

Last edited:
You know you are wrong.

Doesnt 100,000 people in hospital and 2,800 deaths from Covid in the past 24 hrs do it for you?
When is it going to sink in that this pandemic has spiralled out of control.
It will continue to do so without strict legal measures in an attempt to slow its course. There are only so many mobile morgues, hospital beds, health workers, coffin makers, ventilators, you name it, to go around.

Restaurants are prime infection sources. Pizza pie and a serve of Covid please.
So many people are going to now be stood down due to earlier lack of leadership.

Last edited:
Doesnt 100,000 people in hospital and 2,800 deaths from Covid in the past 24 hrs do it for you?
“Do it” for WHAT?

You can’t “emote” away a virus.

We’ve had lockdowns, masks, and social distancing.

People have been insisting to me this would deliver us.

I told them it wouldn’t.

It doesn’t work in the long term. It was never designed to.

Now that it is obvious it is not working, people denying the truth want to double-down on what has been a disaster.

I have been saying for months this is just mitigating (just like the knowledgeable public health people who I got that from).

I stand by what I have said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back