A
Asiyreh
Guest
Hi guys.
This is quite a humbling experience, but I’m thinking of returning to the Catholic faith. Apologies if I’m not in the right section.
I grew up in Northern Ireland in the RC faith. Church was just something our family did but there wasn’t anything spiritual in it for me. I became interested in the Christian faith having met some evangelicals online. They got me interested in Christ, the Church and the scriptures. After a period of study I decided that I must leave the Catholic faith and become an evangelical. And so I did.
I loved the scriptures and still do. I became convinced that Rome was a pagan institution in service of the anti Christ and attacked her representatives at every opportunity. Sorry guys.
However I could never find a real home though away from the RCC. I tried baptists even adventists but I never felt at home.
The problem is I’ve educated myself away from Catholicism, in my head she’s still at odds with scripture. What I want to do is fix this problem.
I just attended mass on Sunday for the first time in many many years and consumed the Eucharist. Of course we had the Lord’s supper at Christian church and it always felt great. However I haven’t been a member of a church for quite a few months and was yearning for the Communion. So it was great!
I’m on the search for a Catholic apologist I heard some years ago. I was debating a Catholic regarding intercession of the saints. The guys provided me a link to a guy. He looked just like a American Christian pastor. Black hair cut in that normal Christian fashion.
Clean shaven. A little overweight though not unhealthily so. He explained how intercession was biblical using the book of Revelation. It was great and I remember being very troubled at the time.
Perhaps I’m being a little vague and won’t be able to find the guy through this description. However alternatively what I’d like to get if possible is some links to the main issues a Protestant might have with the Catholic faith. You know the score - Mary, intercession confession, holy water, idols etc.
I love videos and great podcasts and I’ve occasionally even been known to read a thing or two. Please help me feel comfortable to come back to The Church. Any help would be great. I’m sure you’ve probably a list somewhere I haven’t discovered and I know many of you guys will know of better material than what I can find myself.
Thanks in advance for your help and forgiveness, if you can find it in your heart.
Your brother in Christ.
This is quite a humbling experience, but I’m thinking of returning to the Catholic faith. Apologies if I’m not in the right section.
I grew up in Northern Ireland in the RC faith. Church was just something our family did but there wasn’t anything spiritual in it for me. I became interested in the Christian faith having met some evangelicals online. They got me interested in Christ, the Church and the scriptures. After a period of study I decided that I must leave the Catholic faith and become an evangelical. And so I did.
I loved the scriptures and still do. I became convinced that Rome was a pagan institution in service of the anti Christ and attacked her representatives at every opportunity. Sorry guys.
However I could never find a real home though away from the RCC. I tried baptists even adventists but I never felt at home.
The problem is I’ve educated myself away from Catholicism, in my head she’s still at odds with scripture. What I want to do is fix this problem.
I just attended mass on Sunday for the first time in many many years and consumed the Eucharist. Of course we had the Lord’s supper at Christian church and it always felt great. However I haven’t been a member of a church for quite a few months and was yearning for the Communion. So it was great!
I’m on the search for a Catholic apologist I heard some years ago. I was debating a Catholic regarding intercession of the saints. The guys provided me a link to a guy. He looked just like a American Christian pastor. Black hair cut in that normal Christian fashion.
Clean shaven. A little overweight though not unhealthily so. He explained how intercession was biblical using the book of Revelation. It was great and I remember being very troubled at the time.
Perhaps I’m being a little vague and won’t be able to find the guy through this description. However alternatively what I’d like to get if possible is some links to the main issues a Protestant might have with the Catholic faith. You know the score - Mary, intercession confession, holy water, idols etc.
I love videos and great podcasts and I’ve occasionally even been known to read a thing or two. Please help me feel comfortable to come back to The Church. Any help would be great. I’m sure you’ve probably a list somewhere I haven’t discovered and I know many of you guys will know of better material than what I can find myself.
Thanks in advance for your help and forgiveness, if you can find it in your heart.
Your brother in Christ.