Hi guys. Again I can’t thank you all enough for the great resources. It’s such a joy to be home I really do feel like the prodigal son.
Bit of an update on my situation…
Ok so I was telling you there’s a few changes happening in my Parish. I didn’t want to bother the priest while he does the handover, so I decided to head back to my childhood parish and attend the confessions there -The Long Tower church; beautiful little chapel btw if anyones ever visiting.
panoramio.com/photo/4335965
Isn’t it nice?
So I decided it was best to talk to the priest face to face. I told him about my wayward adventure, about how I left the faith and attacked her and about how I was even baptized.
I expected this to be a really bad thing, we would need to do some special remedy, but the priest simply told me it didn’t affect my original baptism. It was still binding and valid no matter what this other baptism claimed.
Btw I quite liked my other baptism. It’s a pity we don’t do this more. I think someone once told me you can have it on request?
Anyways sorry I digress. So I told him about you guys, he didn’t say much but smiled and nodded in an approving manner.
Things seem to be wrapping up and he hadn’t mentioned this sacrament of reconciliation.
Lol I’m such a gack, when I read this topic yesterday I imagined that I had activated the need for some special sacrifice, only reserved for people like me who had joined another church.
Think about it - the sacrament of reconciliation…
Imagine my embarrassment when he told me we were having it.
I’ve never heard it called that before, it’s always just confession…
Well I was red in the face I can tell you, but the embarrassment wasn’t over yet. In an effort to recover from this momentary stupidity, I began to tell the priest about my knowledge of scripture, how much I had done and our repertoire together seemed to grow as he nodded approval, I smiled back, things were going great, seeming to build together toward a great climax as he lifted his hand in the air and I almost high fived him…
No seriously… I wanted to die, on the spot, I realized half way through that he was lifting his hand in the act of absolution. I buried my head on the table and hid my face as best as I could…
. . . I had my questions answered tonight. I wanted the ground to open and swallow me.
Seriously I could kick myself…
Anyways it was great I stayed on after and attended mass and had my first legal communion. Very happy…love being home.