Role reversal: GOP unites behind Trump, Democrats in disarray

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

Guest
(CNN)Just when it seemed that the election could not get any crazier, it has.

A month ago, it seemed that the Democrats were sitting pretty. Republicans were in disarray. All the talk revolved around a contested convention in Cleveland as Sen. Ted Cruz kept winning delegates in state conventions who would vote for him on the second round. The #Never Trump Movement was gaining steam as prominent members of the GOP announced that they would not be able to support the New York billionaire’s candidacy.

In contrast, the Democrats had themselves an apparently solid nominee. After a series of strong wins, including in New York and Pennsylvania, it looked like Hillary Clinton would finally bring her competition with Bernie Sanders to an end. Clinton, it appeared, was poised to run a campaign that could replicate the events of 1964 when Lyndon Johnson trounced Barry Goldwater in a landslide victory that produced huge liberal majorities in the House and Senate.

cnn.com/2016/05/26/opinions/democrats-republicans-role-reversal-opinion-zelizer/
 
This is a johnny-come-lately piece. The fact is the Democrats have had many of the same problems the GOP does for some time.
 
Very interesting article; thanks for the link and posting it.

Mary.
 
I am hoping if Bernie is elected the USA pays me back all my student loan money.
So, you want Bernie Sanders to be elected president simply so you can get out of loans that you willingly took out?
 
I am hoping if Bernie is elected the USA pays me back all my student loan money.
None of the socialist policies that Sanders wants to implement would come into fruition during his presidency.
 
God bless the Republican Party. May it continue with its goal of making America great again.
 
None of the socialist policies that Sanders wants to implement would come into fruition during his presidency.
I said the same thing about someone else, and he got everything he ever wanted just about.
 
It is so sad and embarrassing what both parties in our great nation have given us and I yet it is what the American people are asking for. Perhaps we are not so great as we would like to think.
 
I Don’t know if it’s true ,but I was told today people are coming up with plans to leave the US
If Trump wins,
I’d be a bit concerned too if I lived thee,
 
I Don’t know if it’s true ,but I was told today people are coming up with plans to leave the US
If Trump wins,
I’d be a bit concerned too if I lived thee,
Do they really think other countries would be willing to take them in just because they don’t like the President?? There is a refugee crisis in the world where people are being bombed and killed and persecuted and enslaved–these are the people that need help from other countries, not spoiled Americans who didn’t get their way in a free country democratic election. Pitiful.
 
I am hoping if Bernie is elected the USA pays me back all my student loan money.
When you borrow money, you pay it back. You don’t expect someone to bail you out. The government is not responsible to pay your debts or support you. My daughter had a debt of $30000 when she finished her Master’s and went to work and sacrificed and paid off every single dime. My husband’s brother had a debt of over $100,000 when he graduated, and spent 15 years paying it off. Neither of them complained about it or tried to get out of it. They fully expected to make sacrifices and delay gratification to pay it off and appreciate their education fully. They were both healthy able-bodied people and realized their responsibilities, not expecting the taxpayers to pay for their personal goals.

Their attitude is what made this country great. Hard work and sacrifice.
 
I Don’t know if it’s true ,but I was told today people are coming up with plans to leave the US
If Trump wins,
I’d be a bit concerned too if I lived thee,
Do they really think other countries would be willing to take them in just because they don’t like the President?? There is a refugee crisis in the world where people are being bombed and killed and persecuted and enslaved–these are the people that need help from other countries, not spoiled Americans who didn’t get their way in a free country democratic election. Pitiful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top