W
wondrousgnat
Guest
Yes, thank you, I did enlist. I was a short , ugly kid with no connections. I thought by enlisting it would improve by chances for future employment. It worked against me. My welcome home from Vietnam speech was being told to get out of our uniforms as soon as possible because we will not be welcome in America. Sometimes I received insulting phone calls at 2 AM. At one and the same time I was proud to serve yet afraid to let people know.
I think the welcome home is better now for current vets. But they have a tough time getting jobs. And sometimes the medical care is lacking.
About another response to my thread. Many people who died in wars had better things for their lives too. Romneys and his 5 sons not serving does not mean they were better persons than those who died. Maybe someone disagrees with that. And Romney never had to worry about being a Gold Star father so he has no experience there.
But I will still vote for Romney, so don’t get me wrong there.
I think the welcome home is better now for current vets. But they have a tough time getting jobs. And sometimes the medical care is lacking.
About another response to my thread. Many people who died in wars had better things for their lives too. Romneys and his 5 sons not serving does not mean they were better persons than those who died. Maybe someone disagrees with that. And Romney never had to worry about being a Gold Star father so he has no experience there.
But I will still vote for Romney, so don’t get me wrong there.