Rudolph and the Occult

  • Thread starter Thread starter budgie2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa Claus’ reindeer Rudolph may be related to the Horned God of Wicca who dies on Halloween and is reborn on the Winter Solstice and is symbolised by an antlered deer. The Horned Gods of Wicca Herne the Hunter and Cernunnos wear the horns of the stag on their heads and then mate with the Spring Goddess in the Great Rite of Spring.

The Horned God has developed our concept of the devil (horny devil) although he is more commonly portrayed with goat horns rather than antlers but he can in fact wear both.

One of the origins of Santa Claus is Odin/Woden who was a Norse Pagan creator god called All Father and is sometimes known as Skyfather. According to Wikipedia, Odin and Thor were rejected by Catholics in their baptismal vows one thousand years ago.
Thanks for this. I hope you are poking fun since I thought this was the funniest thing I have read in a very long time. 😃
 
In case anyone has forgotten the original lyrics:

Rudolph the red horned demon
Has some very shiny horns
And if you ever touched them
You would even say they burned

All of the other faithfuls
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Rudolph
Join in any Christian games

Then one foggy Saturnalia Eve
Jesus came to say
Rudolph with your horns so bright
Won’t you help me destroy the work tonight

Then all the faithers loved him
As they shouted out with glee
Rudolph the red horned demon
With you we will spend eternity
This is actually quite creative. 👍
 
There is nothign wrong with Rudolph.

I did hear though that Donner was a Jehovah’s Witness.
 
I heard Blitzen is doing much better since going through the R.A. Anonymous program.
His nose had gotten so red that the others began to mistake him for Rudolph!

A little intervention was necessary. Santa confronted him and said…“Blitzen, the Buck stops here!”
 
“…According to Wikipedia…”
Wikipedia is not a great place to quote from, nor take seriously. Anyone can post, edit, and update any wiki publicly, without as much as a rational or authentic reference. Be careful what your may “think” is fact from that site, or check the references listed thoroughly.

My $0.02
 
Didnt Donner throw a party where some rather bizzare dishes were seved?
yeah. he served bull hash-- otherwise known as can o’ bull.
 
but that’s why we love him, right? voodooartist.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/evilreindeerchristmasdoll.jpg

i don’t want to seem thin skinned, but this was no laughing matter ". we moved into that house. it was like the Amityville Horror except that everything was very small and instead of stairs, there was a slide.

and we have the winner of this week’s best metaphor contest: you’d still be about as welcome here as a Marian apparition on Jack Chick’s refrigerator.
give that poster a Fatima holy card!
I got to the Marian Apparition thing and nearly choked to death on my NyQuil!
 
At last! Now I understand why rearranging the letters in “Santa” gets you . . . SATAN ! ! :eek:
Too right. He’s not only Satan but also the Old Nick and Father of All Liars. That’s why he jumps on hot coals at Christmas.
 
Too right. He’s not only Satan but also the Old Nick and Father of All Liars. That’s why he jumps on hot coals at Christmas.
Budgie, you are a hoot. Now we know you must joking!

Regarding the shady reindeer…let’s not forget VIXEN! She is quite attractive, but a little wild. 😃
 
Of course it was Vixen that got Dancer the job down at the local “Hoofers” club!!! Wasn’t Santa shocked when Dancer came to pay her income tax in singles 😊
 
yeah. he served bull hash-- otherwise known as can o’ bull.
As long as Hannibal wasn’t there in the mix, it’s all good. 😃

Budgie2, your different from other Catholics I’ve known, that’s for sure, 😛

There is nothing anyone can say that would cause me to believe Santa Claus is really a cleverly disguised Satan Claws, or that his reindeer work for the dark side. Now the suited soulless drones at Kellogg’s who put cardboard tasting fiber in my beloved Fruit Loops sobs (RIP Toucan Sam)…I believe work for Beelzebub and report directly to him.

But Santa? NEVER!!!


**
The sleigh was all packed,
The reindeer were fed,
But Santa still knelt
By the side of the bed.

“Dear Father,” he prayed,
“Be with me tonight,
There’s much work to do,
And my schedule is tight.”

“I must jump in my sleigh
And streak through the sky,
Knowing full well
That a reindeer can’t fly.”

“I will visit each household,
Before the first light,
I’ll cover the world,
And all in one night.”

“With sleigh bells a-ringing,
I’ll land on each roof,
Amid the soft clatter
Of each little hoof.”

“To get in the house
Is the difficult part,
So I’ll slide down the chimney
Of each child’s heart.”

“My sack will hold toys
To grant all their wishes,
The supply will be endless,
Like the loaves and the fishes.”

“I will fill all the stockings
And not leave a track,
I’ll eat every cookie
That is left for my snack.”

“I can do all these things Lord,
Only through You,
I just need your blessing,
Then it’s easy to do.”

“All this is to honor
The birth of the One,
That was sent to redeem us …
Your most Holy Son.”

“So to all of my friends,
Least Your glory I rob,
Please Lord, remind them
Who gave me this job.”

~ Warren D. Jennings ~**
 
I find it odd and somewhat disturbing that this thread is still going on and seeming to get a lot more ridiculous the more people respond. Shouldn’t we simply allow our children their fantasies and fun? My daughter, (who is now a mother herself) and I discussed this the other day and she too agrees that stories like Rudolf and Santa do have their place in the minds of our children and if we all continue to degrade this joyful reindeer placing him in the same category as paganism (which most people regard as evil, go figure) he will become a thing of the past, a tired memory just the same as many would like our Lord Jesus to become now that John Q Public has seemed to have removed Him from Christmas. Be careful my friends that you all do not take this too far and stab us all in the neck.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all!
 
As long as Hannibal wasn’t there in the mix, it’s all good. 😃

Budgie2, your different from other Catholics I’ve known, that’s for sure, 😛

There is nothing anyone can say that would cause me to believe Santa Claus is really a cleverly disguised Satan Claws, or that his reindeer work for the dark side. Now the suited soulless drones at Kellogg’s who put cardboard tasting fiber in my beloved Fruit Loops sobs (RIP Toucan Sam)…I believe work for Beelzebub and report directly to him.

But Santa? NEVER!!!

http://i45.tinypic.com/33wba8i.jpg

The dark side claim that Santa Claus is a member and I only bring my chidren up to believe in the real St. Nick. How do you know whether or not Clement Clarke was a secret pagan?

Here are some occult websites which claim Santa Claus is pagan:

This website claims Santa Claus is based on a pagan God Odin that we called the devil in early Christian Britain.
realmagick.com/articles/14/2014.html
occult100.com/bos/yule-xmas-lore.html
 
I find it odd and somewhat disturbing that this thread is still going on and seeming to get a lot more ridiculous the more people respond. Shouldn’t we simply allow our children their fantasies and fun? My daughter, (who is now a mother herself) and I discussed this the other day and she too agrees that stories like Rudolf and Santa do have their place in the minds of our children and if we all continue to degrade this joyful reindeer placing him in the same category as paganism (which most people regard as evil, go figure) he will become a thing of the past, a tired memory just the same as many would like our Lord Jesus to become now that John Q Public has seemed to have removed Him from Christmas. Be careful my friends that you all do not take this too far and stab us all in the neck.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all!
Ah, we are just having a wee bit o fun!
My boys when small really enjoyed all the Rudolph, Santa, elves, etc. Now that they are teens with very dry senses of humor (gee, where did they get those?:rolleyes:), we find humor in unusual places.

For example, my sons thought the Frosty video was pretty funny. Not appropriate for kids, but when one is 18…😉

The rolled their eyes in disbelief when they read the OP of this thread. Then the comments started being uttered, which I shall not repeat here, but some were pretty darn funny and insightful.
 
I find it odd and somewhat disturbing that this thread is still going on and seeming to get a lot more ridiculous the more people respond. Shouldn’t we simply allow our children their fantasies and fun? My daughter, (who is now a mother herself) and I discussed this the other day and she too agrees that stories like Rudolf and Santa do have their place in the minds of our children and if we all continue to degrade this joyful reindeer placing him in the same category as paganism (which most people regard as evil, go figure) he will become a thing of the past, a tired memory just the same as many would like our Lord Jesus to become now that John Q Public has seemed to have removed Him from Christmas. Be careful my friends that you all do not take this too far and stab us all in the neck.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all!
I think most of the people on this thread are making wild and silly comments becuase the OP’s claims are just so silly and aren’t even well-researched. Almost like chicken little’s “the SKY is FALLING!!!”
 
The dark side claim that Santa Claus is a member and I only bring my chidren up to believe in the real St. Nick. How do you know whether or not Clement Clarke was a secret pagan?

Here are some occult websites which claim Santa Claus is pagan:

This website claims Santa Claus is based on a pagan God Odin that we called the devil in early Christian Britain.
realmagick.com/articles/14/2014.html
occult100.com/bos/yule-xmas-lore.html
Since we are not God we never really know what is in a person’s heart, I will give you that much.

If actually curious Clement Clarke was born in the 1700’s, the son of a bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of New York. Clarke was also a Christian theologian and a Professor of biblical studies. I doubt he was a pagan.

Never believe everything you see and hear, especially on the web, research it for yourself. And I wouldn’t lump everyone together either, even in the non christian world. They do not all share the same beliefs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top