Sacred Tradition

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oska2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with that. That wasn’t my concern. If you have a problem with my using quotation marks on the word “mortal” then I’ll leave it out.
It was just puzzling. Without having a reference to your own religious affiliation(or perhaps lack thereof?) I felt the need to ask because in my experience I’ve only seen evangelical/fundamentalist protestants object to the distinction.

I didn’t want to make any assumptions while at the same time upholding the Biblical foundation of Church teaching.
My question was whether the CC considers one to have committed a mortal sin if he/she does not attend mass on Sunday without a valid reason.
Frankly, yes:
ccc 2181 The Sunday Eucharist is the foundation and confirmation of all Christian practice. For this reason the faithful are obliged to participate in the Eucharist on days of obligation, unless excused for a serious reason (for example, illness, the care of infants) or dispensed by their own pastor. Those who deliberately fail in this obligation commit a grave sin.
 
Frankly, yes:
ccc 2181 The Sunday Eucharist is the foundation and confirmation of all Christian practice. For this reason the faithful are obliged to participate in the Eucharist on days of obligation, unless excused for a serious reason (for example, illness, the care of infants) or dispensed by their own pastor. Those who deliberately fail in this obligation commit a grave sin.
Thank you. And thanks also for providing the reference.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top