Same Anti Catholic User in many YouTube videos

• Thread starter Thread starter DictatorCzar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
this person said kataholos is not translated as Catholic. I’m like what?? Makes no sense because of Ignatius of Antioch and 4 other church fathers who said Catholics church, right? Those church fathers said kataholos.
Exactly.

The English world Catholic is a transliteration of “Kata Holos.” That’s what happens when you take a word directly from one language into another. A translation of “Kata Holos” would be “universal” or “throughout the whole.” But it’s the same word; if you go look on Merriam-Webster (who, of course, have no bias either way) they’ll tell you as much.

Last edited:
Acts 9:31 clearly talks about a universal church. Catholic Church just means universal church. It clearly shows kataholos. Kataholos means Catholic. The church fathers and the New Testament both use greek(specifically Koine Greek). There can’t be a huge difference anyway.

Clearly, they don’t know the church fathers.

But some treat them infallibly which makes me sad. They have truth, the earliest of the church fathers personally knew them. These Protestants and so called non denominationals only use the Bible, even though tehbapostles taught orally for 20 years before writing the 1s book of the New Testament.

These Protestants and so called non denominationals only use the Bible, even though tehbapostles taught orally for 20 years before writing the 1s book of the New Testament.
That’s true… although it’s fair to say that they all use their own interpretation of the Bible—their own tradition. So they don’t have a problem with tradition… unless it’s Catholic.

A few posts after you started the discussion, I posted a link about the gap between Bible times and Protestantism. When I was in your position I was a Lutheran trying to figure out if I should keep looking for my church home or stay put. Looking into the gap is what sealed it for me, so I’d recommend you look at that topic next. God bless!

Am I confused about the name?

I went to YouTube to see what everyone was talking about. I searched for “Asaph Vapor”. All that came up was a YouTube channel with that name but no videos or any other content. Can someone point me in the rightdirection please?

Asaph Vapor has no videos. All his activity is in the comments section of certain Catholic videos. @MathewMark1988

Last edited:
A person will stop debating/talking/chatting with other people when he or she realises that those persons have stuffed their ears full of “noise blocking material” that interfeer with their values and beliefs.

Speak with a priest/deacon/brother/sister face to face. Call your local parish or ask a Catholic you know who they recommend you to talk with and discuss all your questions. For many converts to the Catholic faith, the individual meetings with a priest or deacon are a lot more important than reading “stuff” or listening to the RCIA group lectures. This is a possibility to talk about all the things that is preventing you to be received into the Catholic Church. I had several meetings and I am really glad I did. Keep a notebook with all the questions, issues you have problems with and discuss one after the other. Write down the answers so you can go back to them later.

EWTNs Called to Communion with Dr David Anders is a great programme for your questions if you can’t find a “live person” to talk with.

I have debated on YouTube before with anti-Catholics and it’s a complete waste of time. They parrot the same thing over and over. They will make accusations and then want Catholics to prove those accusations wrong.

It’s the other way around. They make them, they have to prove them correct which they don’t. I have asked them questions concerning their accusations, and they ignore them or they change the subject. They bounce all over the place. I try to stick to one point, but when I asked them questions about that particular point, they say they don’t remember what they said and I will copy and paste and they change the subject.

Look up the Catholic Answers tracts concerning the Catholic Church. You will be surprised how many of these CA apologists were very anti-Catholic. Steve, Ray, Scott Hahn, Cardinal Newman, etc. Do some research and even secular sources will show that it was Jesus who started the CC. It has called by different names but the teachings have remained. We have Jesus’ word that He would protect His Church. Why do you think there are countless Christian churches all claiming to be the true church and they follow sola scriptura but can’t agree what sola scriptura means.

Maybe the problem is arguing, not “Catholics” per-se. What’s your style?

Perhaps you need to mature a little first, I said stop arguing.

Catholics love Scripture too.

40.png
LawyersGunsAndMoney:
Arguing with people on the internet is like yelling at clouds. This is a massive waste of your time and energy.
so is arguing with catholics on CAForums.
I suppose this is what a strong faith should look like, right?

Peace!!!

all of it true
Then you won’t be upset then when I tell you very bluntly that you have hardly a clue about true Catholic beliefs and argue against strawmen/lies that are very commonly held beliefs held by those who both hate and haven’t a clue about Catholicism. And if I’m speaking honestly, then I doubt you care what Catholics actually believe, because if you did, then you would reconsider your beliefs about it when you were told that a lot of your arguments against it are based on lies and apologize for slandering it.

Last edited:
I argue from the scriptures 90% of the time. the other 10% I am very blunt and to the point telling catholics what I think of the religion they practice, all of it true, to get a reaction out of them in order to get them to start thinking for themselves. They just want to come someplace where no one challenges their beliefs.
Maybe by coming to a Catholic message board, you should be questioning your beliefs. Are you actually reading anything here about the Catholic faith, or are you just here to lecture people and insult our faith? Which by the way, is a clear violation of forum rules:

5.Non-Catholics are welcome to participate but must be respectful of the faith of the Catholics participating on the board. Catholics must be respectful of the legitimate religious preferences and practices of their fellow Catholics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back