F
FightingFat
Guest
Can anyone help me with some good passages from Sacred Scripture which might offer comfort to the grieving?
A few I have found helpful in the past are:
Job 23 (you might think this a little obscure, but I felt great empathy with this chapter when I was bereaved)
2 Tim 4:7 (I have fought the good fight to the end)
Wisdom of Solomon 3 (But the souls of the righteous are in the hand of God)
Gal 2:20 (when you are bereaved, you feel as if you participate in some mystical way in the dereliction and bewilderment of our Lord in His Passion in a most radical way).
Jn 13:7 (What I am doing now you do not understand, but afterwards you will understand)
Revelation 21:4 (when every tear will be wiped away)
John 14:2 (there are many rooms in my Father’s house)
To put it in context, I have some good Baptist friends who have just lost their young daughter to cystic fibrosis (her name is Hanna, your prayers would be most welcome) and I am looking for something appropriate and Scriptural to write to them.
Thanks in anticipation!
A few I have found helpful in the past are:
Job 23 (you might think this a little obscure, but I felt great empathy with this chapter when I was bereaved)
2 Tim 4:7 (I have fought the good fight to the end)
Wisdom of Solomon 3 (But the souls of the righteous are in the hand of God)
Gal 2:20 (when you are bereaved, you feel as if you participate in some mystical way in the dereliction and bewilderment of our Lord in His Passion in a most radical way).
Jn 13:7 (What I am doing now you do not understand, but afterwards you will understand)
Revelation 21:4 (when every tear will be wiped away)
John 14:2 (there are many rooms in my Father’s house)
To put it in context, I have some good Baptist friends who have just lost their young daughter to cystic fibrosis (her name is Hanna, your prayers would be most welcome) and I am looking for something appropriate and Scriptural to write to them.
Thanks in anticipation!