Secret Service Agents denounce Trump's Parade

• Thread starter Thread starter RidgeSprinter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RidgeSprinter

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
Afterward, members of the Secret Service voiced escalating concern at what many of the agency’s personnel have determined is total disregard for their well-being amid a deadly and highly contagious pandemic. Agents have tested positive for the virus while traveling for the President’s political rallies, which he insisted on maintaining even against federal health guidelines. As employees self-quarantine or isolate in place, others have been forced to work longer hours to fill the void.

It’s a situation that has prompted growing and more vocal concern.

“That should never have happened,” one current Secret Service agent who works on the presidential and first family detail said after Trump’s drive-by, adding that those agents who went along for the ride would now be required to quarantine.

“I mean, I wouldn’t want to be around them,” the agent said, expressing a view that multiple people at the Secret Service also voiced in the wake of Sunday’s appearance. “The frustration with how we’re treated when it comes to decisions on this illness goes back before this though. We’re not disposable.”

Another veteran Secret Service agent also expressed deep dismay at the Walter Reed ride, though was sympathetic for those around the President given the difficulty in pushing back on the commander-in-chief.

“You can’t say no,” the agent said.

While agents in the Secret Service have the power to say no to activities that could put a president in danger, they can’t say no in situations that could put themselves in danger.

A third agent told CNN: “It was simply reckless.” But another sought to downplay the concern.

“I’ve watched some of the news today and it’s ridiculous to say the President is trying to kill off his detail,” said another current agent on Sunday. “He’s unconventional, but we get the job done.”

1. It is disappointing that Secret Service agents would be giving interviews.
  2. Trump realizes that he must lead the nation, and sometimes that places him at risk. If those agents have an issue with it they really need to find another line of work.

Face it. We have a president that views illness as a weakness. It’s why he rarely shows empathy for anyone with an illness as he hasn’t any empathy for weak people. Therefore, he feels he must show his strength over this illness and decides a ride will show everyone he isn’t weak. Obviously, this show of strength is more important than exposing security to the virus.

He’s always been known as a germaphobe. I gather this trait came from his father as he was noted as thinking illnesses equaled weakness. I’d like to think he’ll have a change of heart here but I wouldn’t bet on it. He is still showing his distaste of weakness due to illnesses.

He’s always been known as a germaphobe. I gather this trait came from his father as he was noted as thinking illnesses equaled weakness.
Is not being a germaphobe in of itself a weakness?

I don’t get it.

Secret Service agents guarding the President (or any other dignitary) pledge to take a bullet or smother a bomb with their bodies to save him/her. They are ready to die every moment of the day.

But even with mask-wearing and limos that no doubt have State-of-the-Art air filtration systems, they’re afraid they might get sick?

Doesn’t make any sense.

It is simply immoral to treat employees in such a way. The SUV ride cannot be excused. That is not leading. There was absolutely no reason to take the SUV joy ride.

I understand how reasonable people can decide to vote for Trump. I do not believe reasonable people can defend that action.

Last edited:
They perhaps would like the courtesy to not be infected by the president and spread it to their families.

It was an extremely poor example.

Regardless of the risk they often placed in, one does not unnecessarily place them in additional risks. Masks are not a panacea, especially in a confined space, such as the interior of an SUV. What air filtration system in a car could filter out RNA strands? Why would the air inside the car go through the filtration system between Trump and the SS agents?

It cannot be defended

The president’s car is built to withstand a chemical attack. It’s airtight.

Secret Service agents guarding the President (or any other dignitary) pledge to take a bullet or smother a bomb with their bodies to save him/her
Taking a bullet yourself for the President is one thing.

Having your wife, kids, or parents taking a bullet for the President is a completely different matter.

What the Pres did was a publicity stunt that put others down the chain at risk.

Last edited:
Which calls into question why the SS agents in the car and the driver would be safe

Didnt he say some things about Hillary’s alleged pneumonia in 2016?

Yes. They are in there airtight with a virus that is spread through the air.

To wave at his fans who should have dispersed because it’s a hospital with other patients who might need quiet.

Irresponsible and cruel way to treat people who keep him safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back