Seminary Visits & Homosexuals In Priesthood

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bishop of New Ulm is one of them. I don’t know if they have annouced any other names. Let’s hope Cardinal George is in the group.

40.png
cestusdei:
I think the bishop of New Ulm is one of them. I don’t know if they have annouced any other names. Let’s hope Cardinal George is in the group.
Who is he? Offhand his name won’t jump into my mind.

Cardinal George is the Archbishop of the Chicago Arhcdiocese, he was also recently elected VP of the Bishops conference for the United States. He is an awesome Cardinal and would be of great help regarding the Seminary visitations, expecially considering he had similar problems to deal with in his own seminary (which he has helped improved enormously).

40.png
TPJCatholic:
Cardinal George is the Archbishop of the Chicago Arhcdiocese, he was also recently elected VP of the Bishops conference for the United States. He is an awesome Cardinal and would be of great help regarding the Seminary visitations, expecially considering he had similar problems to deal with in his own seminary (which he has helped improved enormously).
If you were addressing me, I am well acquainted with Cardinal George - it was the Bishop of New Ulm I ws wondering about.

40.png
cestusdei:
I bet they won’t ask Bruskewitz…:o

40.png
katherine2:
I’ve looked up your vocations director on the web. He doesn’t look very homosexual. If some one can explain how to upload a photo, I’ll post it and folks can decide for themselves.
I met him and discerned he is very gay. He makes the hand gesters and lisps and all that gay stuff. Either that or my Gaurdian Angel was screaming in my ear. HES GAYYYYYY. The fact that our very liberal seminary has been labeled the PInk Palace doesnt ease my mind any.

And no, he does not look gay.

40.png
Bill_A:
I met him and discerned he is very gay. He makes the hand gesters and lisps and all that gay stuff. Either that or my Gaurdian Angel was screaming in my ear. HES GAYYYYYY. The fact that our very liberal seminary has been labeled the PInk Palace doesnt ease my mind any.

And no, he does not look gay.
Again, if someone could explain how to upload a photo, I will post it and let everyone decide for themselves.

40.png
misericordie:
AMEN!!! I no that the Vatican will receive lots of pressure to continue allowing “celibate” men with homosexual TENDENCIES to continue studying for the priesthood here in the USA, can you just imagine the uproar if they were suddendly banned? ESPECIALLY in the RELIGIOUS ORDERS where it is MORE prevalent than the diocesan system?
I wonder if there would be an uproar if “celibate” men with heterosexual TENDENCIES were allowed to continue studying for the priesthood!
Any priest must promise celibacy to be ordained (at least in the Roman rite). So the “tendency” of a man would seem to be irrelevant if they are promising celibacy!

pilgrim,

Promising to remain celibate, and actually living celibate, are two very different things. As a heterosexual man I can honestly state that it would provide a very strong challenge to be living with women and remain celibate. Whereas there would no additional challenge to live with other heterosexual men. I am attracted to women, so having women to live with would be a distinct distraction and temptation over time…since I am not the least bit attracted to men, there would be no distraction or temptation over time if I happened to live with other men.

Apply that to homosexuals, who are onbviously attracted to men.

Why would we want to do that to anyone?

40.png
PilgrimJWT:
I wonder if there would be an uproar if “celibate” men with heterosexual TENDENCIES were allowed to continue studying for the priesthood!
Any priest must promise celibacy to be ordained (at least in the Roman rite). So the “tendency” of a man would seem to be irrelevant if they are promising celibacy!
The Church a very long time ago, ascertaining the fallibility of both men and women does not have nuns and priests living in the same premises although they are ALL vowed to celibacy.

40.png
katherine2:
Again, if someone could explain how to upload a photo, I will post it and let everyone decide for themselves.
Cut and paste. Right click on the picture, select “copy,” renturn to the thread and right click in the reply box and select “paste.”

lisc.net/eaaizh35m.gif

The charity level on this thread has sunken to a level that is unacceptable. For that reason it has been closed.

Paul Stephens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back