Sex drive question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jade_Tiger
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to feel abnormal reading all these comments about it being difficult and that everyone has a hard time resisting temptation. Is it normal to not have a hard time resisting? I’m a guy but I have no interest at all in sex, so that makes my sex drive zero. The thing is that there isn’t any reason why, I’m extremely fit, eat well, no health problems, early twenties, I just don’t care about it.
 
I’m starting to feel abnormal reading all these comments about it being difficult and that everyone has a hard time resisting temptation. Is it normal to not have a hard time resisting? I’m a guy but I have no interest at all in sex, so that makes my sex drive zero. The thing is that there isn’t any reason why, I’m extremely fit, eat well, no health problems, early twenties, I just don’t care about it.
There are many possible scientific reasons for this. One could be that you have low testosterone. Low testosterone equals low sex drive in men, period. It could also be you had an experience in your life that turned you off to sex. It really doesn’t do well to speculate, only to simply get tested and find out. You can go to the doctor and get your testosterone levels tested, and if they are fine they will do other tests. If everything checks out okay than you can even go to a good Catholic shrink if you suspect the past experience theory possibly holds some water.
 
However: In the main, this applies only to boys. The advice given to young women here and there mostly consists of “Dress modestly, and don’t tempt the boys.”
Am I truly the only one who finds this odd?

Many of the things that these people say “Just walking down the street without impure thoughts is difficult for men; nealy all women tempt men (with their looks) if they are not careful, etc” applies perfectly well to me, except that I am a straight woman.

A serious question: Is this normal? Do most women actually have a far lower sex drive than I do, or is this an extremely neglected problem? Ether way, I should like to know if anybody has resources about this.

Note: I am NOT referring to the common threads that other young women post, asking advice about staying pure in a relationship. I (along with many others) am not in a relationship. I am genuinely slightly worried by what seems to be my streotypically masculine temptations.

Does anybody else here struggle with this problem?
No, you are not alone. I have always had a very high sex drive, too. The ancients believed the woman was the lustier sex, and should be married young and kept happy by her husband in order to encourage female chastity. It is very weird and upsetting to me that in our modern world, women are assumed to not really be all that interested in sex. My only explanation is that the widespread use of hormonal contraceptives, which are notorious for suppressing libido and leading women to choose sexual partners they would not choose if they were fertile, has led to a complete misunderstanding of female sexuality. That, and the puritanical attitude that good girls don’t enjoy sex.

It is completely ridiculous. I feel like society just pats women on the head, says how lucky we are to not have such a strong sex drive, and then sends us on our (un)merry way. It is patronizing and blatantly false and is contrary to everything our ancestors correctly understood about the feminine sex drive.
It’s not ridiculous, mommamaree. To speak in generalizations is to speak about things like racism and sexism or discrimination based upon sexual orientation. Generalizations are not necessarily bad or it would be difficult to analyze a society based upon the things I just mentioned.

Whether some men or not are homosexual is irrelevant to the generalization that men are sexually attracted to women. Likewise, that some men or women have sex drives above the averages within the categories of their respective biological sexes is neither here nor there when speaking about the general difference between the two sexes.

The speed at which a male can gain an… (fill in the blank, it begins with an e) evidences the general differences between the two sexes in their general sex drives.

Men also aren’t very discriminating. Women are exceptionally discriminating. In general males will have sex with any strange woman that approaches him in a bar offer services (word begin with the letters o and r). In general women even with high sex drives (for women not for men) will not.

I think the ancients viewed women as temptresses and not necessarily as having insatiable sex drives. Might be why “sodomites” seems to be more a focus in biblical scriptures than lesbianism. And that was during a time before “homosexuality” was generally regarded as a distinct type. Ergo, sodomites were regarded merely men attached to certain abhorrent sexual practices or fetishes and lust.

But no… I think your sex drive is normal (as in natural) for you, Jade Tiger. It may be higher than the average females and higher than a minority of young males (as in the cases of young males either asexual or with below male average sex drives for their age range).

I wouldn’t be overly concerned with your condition, Jade.
 
At 25 more unmarried men are virgins than unmarried women. I’m guessing the common perception is wrong.
American teenage girls also - supposedly - statistically have more sex partners than teenage boys today.

I think this can in part be explained by a change in cultural values and expectations.

But I think in part it can be explained in the sub-theory of evolution called sexual selection in which case it’s usually the case a far greater percentage of males will end up losers than females. Among humans those that study human sexual selection note that 1 man might have 100 wives while another male might have 1 wife whereas another male will not have a wife or sexual mate at all even though he greatly desires a female mate or wife.

Among human females it has been observed with rare exceptions all females eventually obtain a male mate or husband. The distribution of mates of the opposite sex among females is far more equitable than the distribution of mates of the opposite sex of males. That’s according to scientists and not my mere opinion.

One might take note of how many wives Osama Bin Laden (or his father for that matter) had. As for myself - while not impossible - it has always been highly unlikely I would have ever obtained a girlfriend or wife, even among women that are obese, disabled, deformed, or perpetually stuck on welfare. At least in the United States which has it’s own Hollywood driven view of values and particular notions of what constitutes “a real man.”

Although I don’t give it much undue “prominence” in my life today except to give it the dispassionate, intellectual sneering I think it deserves.

But that all digresses. The point is sexual selection among humans can - at least in part - provide some explanation for the frequency of females having sex and male virginity.

More on sexual selection: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_selection
 
My own contribution is not to prove that the female drive is the highest, but simply to dispute the assumption that it is low in relation to that of the male, which is often stated as though it is fact. Hmmmm…is it possible they’re both about the same?
What is to be logically - followed - concluded from this with respects to male promiscuity? That males are in general more immoral than females. :rolleyes:

From an amoral stand point sperm is cheap and eggs are costly they say. So it goes females are more discriminating than males do to higher costs of incurring pregnancy.

A woman will have a difficult time “intellectualizing” herself into the high sex drive of a man that will engage in one night stands with strange, obese, blubbering, and probably dumb women, that males in significant proportions due easily all across the bars and night clubs and other atmospheres of world daily. All helped by the hormone of testosterone working on their brains.

Which by the way… homosexual males are just like heterosexual males in that they tend to think with their…

I’ll role the dice and hazard a guess that has to do with testosterone working on effecting the brains of homosexual males.

Excepting that there may be hormonal differences in men and women does not necessarily persecute women. It just acknowledges the differences and may help explain (which science tries to do) why males typically respond X way while females typically respond Y way.

I’m sure this stuff overlaps with cultural, familial, and religious pressures and expectations too.
 
There are many possible scientific reasons for this. One could be that you have low testosterone. Low testosterone equals low sex drive in men, period. It could also be you had an experience in your life that turned you off to sex. It really doesn’t do well to speculate, only to simply get tested and find out. You can go to the doctor and get your testosterone levels tested, and if they are fine they will do other tests. If everything checks out okay than you can even go to a good Catholic shrink if you suspect the past experience theory possibly holds some water.
I was thinking about it yesterday and remembered that the weightlifting I do increases testosterone levels. In my daily life there aren’t any sexual “triggers” so maybe thats it. Could a complete lack of discussion of sex when I was younger cause a lack of interest? Thats the only life experience thing I could think of. Do I have a moral obligation to fix this?
 
But I think in part it can be explained in the sub-theory of evolution called sexual selection in which case it’s usually the case a far greater percentage of males will end up losers than females. Among humans those that study human sexual selection note that 1 man might have 100 wives while another male might have 1 wife whereas another male will not have a wife or sexual mate at all even though he greatly desires a female mate or wife.
Thats why I think girls don’t respect guys who save sex for marriage. There’s sort of a subconcious thought that the male isn’t good enough. When she knows other females are interested that triggers her own interest. It’s true with the Catholic girls I know. They basically have to respect for Catholic guys saving sex for marriage.
 
Thats why I think girls don’t respect guys who save sex for marriage. There’s sort of a subconcious thought that the male isn’t good enough. When she knows other females are interested that triggers her own interest. It’s true with the Catholic girls I know. They basically have to respect for Catholic guys saving sex for marriage.
Which is really only indicative of the Catholic girls you know so don’t paint us all wih one brush. I happen to know plenty of Catholic girls who are interested in virgins and for whom the idea of having already had sex would not make a partner more desirable, it’s rather insulting for you to make such a broad generalization from just your person experience.
 
Thats why I think girls don’t respect guys who save sex for marriage. There’s sort of a subconcious thought that the male isn’t good enough. When she knows other females are interested that triggers her own interest. It’s true with the Catholic girls I know. They basically have to respect for Catholic guys saving sex for marriage.
I distinctly recall as a young boy and later as an older teenager wishing I were more sinful so I could attracted more females (by more I mean 2 or 3 as opposed to 1 or 0). As a rule of thumb I think you’ll find the female sex is fickle and attracted to sin in males.

On very rare occasions you will run into women that see deep into a man and can not be fooled by glitz, glamor, or phoniness in a man no matter how popular he may be with women. They can also peer clearly into the weakness of a man. These are lioness kinds of women and I’ve only encountered a few of them throughout the sum of my 41 years of existence on earth. I can be intimidated by women like this - though I admire and appreciate them - because there is little hiding you can do before them.

But yes as a rule of thumb - as the old saying applies to males - “It takes a woman to get a woman.” Women generally are attracted to males other women want. Similar tom little kids that only want a toy once they find one or more other kids like playing with it.

Women also are attracted and drawn to males that are uncritical of the opposite sex and wax on about the entire faultlessness of the opposite sex (utilizing generalities but positive generalities about “females,” “girls,” or “women”). Above all speak of women as the more intelligent, saintly, stronger, and blameless of the two sexes that are mere passive victims of patriarchal and maniacal society.

Males that do this are in my opinion as close to kissing the lips of Satan himself as those women are that enjoy hearing such nonsense in the face to all observable evidence to the contrary (e.g., gold diggers, “cheaters,” abortions, infanticide, child abuse, teachers having sex with teenage students, murders etc.).

But I digress a bit. The point is women - be they labeled Catholic or otherwise - as a rule of thumb are more attracted to men like the Islamic prophet Mohammad than to the Christian ideal of Jesus.

Me before being shot 3 times (I’ve gained some weight back but need to build up more muscle mass again - even in this photo I had lost weight after years of being out of the Marine Corps): i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/JustinDee/familypics019.jpg

Not the prettiest mug on earth but I’m satisfied with it. But to put a face to words.
 
I was thinking about it yesterday and remembered that the weightlifting I do increases testosterone levels. In my daily life there aren’t any sexual “triggers” so maybe thats it. Could a complete lack of discussion of sex when I was younger cause a lack of interest? Thats the only life experience thing I could think of. Do I have a moral obligation to fix this?
No, there is no moral obligation to fix this. However, if you ever meet a girl you wish to marry you will need to bring this up beforehand to find out whether or not it is something she is willing to live with.
 
Thats why I think girls don’t respect guys who save sex for marriage. There’s sort of a subconcious thought that the male isn’t good enough. When she knows other females are interested that triggers her own interest. It’s true with the Catholic girls I know. They basically have to respect for Catholic guys saving sex for marriage.
Another poster has already addressed the generalizations here, but there is a kernel of truth. It’s not just applicable to Catholic girls only. It’s for women in general. Yes, a man who clearly demonstrates a high value will be seen as more desirable. And one way women view a man as desirable is by examining whether OTHER women see him as desirable. That’s just common sense.

That being said, while the subconscious cue could tell even the most upright Catholic woman that this guy who gets all the ladies is desirable, a well-formed conscience can reject that and I’d say reject it quite easily. Sure, she may still find him attractive but not as a suitable mate. I mean, as a guy, do attractive women who dress immodestly catch my eye? Yes. They do. Not much I can do to stop that. But my wife never dressed this way. She set herself apart in a different way. She was and is quite feminine without being provocative. Even in men the conscious can override the subconscious!
 
Which is really only indicative of the Catholic girls you know so don’t paint us all wih one brush. I happen to know plenty of Catholic girls who are interested in virgins and for whom the idea of having already had sex would not make a partner more desirable, it’s rather insulting for you to make such a broad generalization from just your person experience.
At worst they’re interested in them, but they don’t respect them more than a guy who has lots of sex before marriage. So as TimeEntrance said you have more to gain than to lose in terms of attracting girls. I know its just my personal experience and all, but I can’t imagine the Catholic girls in my area (which is pretty conservative) are much different than other areas. But is subconcious still. Girls say they want a “nice guy” for example, but they usually date guys who are the opposite (which are hopeless for raising a family). I won’t be sleeping around before marriage and Ive accepted the fact that it will hurt my chances at attracting someone. It won’t make a guy more desirable, but it won’t make him less desirable either. If a girl will date a guy she respects then myself and my male friends at church are second rate compared to the secular guys.
 
Another poster has already addressed the generalizations here, but there is a kernel of truth. It’s not just applicable to Catholic girls only. It’s for women in general. Yes, a man who clearly demonstrates a high value will be seen as more desirable. And one way women view a man as desirable is by examining whether OTHER women see him as desirable. That’s just common sense.

That being said, while the subconscious cue could tell even the most upright Catholic woman that this guy who gets all the ladies is desirable, a well-formed conscience can reject that and I’d say reject it quite easily. Sure, she may still find him attractive but not as a suitable mate. I mean, as a guy, do attractive women who dress immodestly catch my eye? Yes. They do. Not much I can do to stop that. But my wife never dressed this way. She set herself apart in a different way. She was and is quite feminine without being provocative. Even in men the conscious can override the subconscious!
Right. If only the many Catholic girls I know could override their subconsciouses. I think thats why Catholic guys who don’t sleep around before marriage take so long to get married. Waiting. My older brother fell away from the Church and later came back and a nice Catholic girl married him. Those kinds of girls just overlook me even though I have a few advantages over my brother and the fact that I’ve had a very strong spiritual/faith life. I know it’s not good to generalize, but it seems in my diocese, sex life means more than faith life. If I get married I’ll be the first exception to that rule I’ve heard of (and I’ve heard of lots).
 
No, there is no moral obligation to fix this. However, if you ever meet a girl you wish to marry you will need to bring this up beforehand to find out whether or not it is something she is willing to live with.
Okay, thanks for the answer. If I ever have an opportunity to bring it up I’ll bring it up.
 
Right. If only the many Catholic girls I know could override their subconsciouses. I think thats why Catholic guys who don’t sleep around before marriage take so long to get married. Waiting. My older brother fell away from the Church and later came back and a nice Catholic girl married him. Those kinds of girls just overlook me even though I have a few advantages over my brother and the fact that I’ve had a very strong spiritual/faith life. I know it’s not good to generalize, but it seems in my diocese, sex life means more than faith life. If I get married I’ll be the first exception to that rule I’ve heard of (and I’ve heard of lots).
Not to be overly presumptuous, but I’m going to doubt that your faith is a hurdle. It’s probably social skills. And I say that as a guy who was deathly afraid of women until, for some reason, I was able to overcome it with my wife. I had a couple of girlfriends before her but nothing terribly serious and nothing frequent either. One in sophomore year of HS and one in my senior year. Nothing in college until my wife and that was summer between junior and senior year.

I had asked a couple of girls out but the pickings were slim at my college. I get that even for Catholic girls that parties and having a good time were way more important than faith. In my freshman year I went to Mass weekly with a handful of girls. By junior year I was walking to Mass alone.

Of course, I was plenty guilty of other sins so I’m not trying to cast aspersions on others while trumpeting myself. I’m not better than then because I went to Mass and they didn’t. I was a pretty big jerk myself. And their not going to Mass was not the reason I didn’t have dates. It was because I was not good with women when it came to romance. I had plenty of female friends in college and plenty of guy friends too. I just never came off as a guy who girls would want to date. I was the guy who would walk them back to their dorm rooms at night. The “safe guy.” The safe guy is not attractive.

This is not to say you need to be a bad guy. Keep being a good dude. But the safe guy is not attractive because he’s not exciting. He has no edge. He has no reason to be viewed as anything other than “plan B” for a girl who gets into her thirties and finds no one suitable. I was still a good guy when I dated my wife but I got a bit of an edge. I surprised her by asking her out. When I got my foot in the door I took her on dates that including things she didn’t do like sailing and going to the gun range. I took an interest in her interests and went fishing with her.

So don’t cast aspersions on Catholic girls. They’re like any other group of girls, especially if you’re young. And like any other group of guys too! Just because they’re Catholic does not mean they’re going to be any different from anyone else. We’re all sinners. We’re all imperfect. And generally, when we’re young, we do stupid and immoral things.

I didn’t sleep around. I didn’t sleep period. Neither did my wife. But I mean, we did go out and party into the night from time to time. We hit Mass on Sundays but I know at least in my life, I was not praying the Rosary daily like I try to do now. I didn’t have an intimate relationship with Christ. It was not a priority. It should have been, but it wasn’t. So even the guys and gals that are considered the “good guys/gals” have plenty of shortcomings. Don’t dismiss others out of hand because of what you see on the surface.
 
Right. If only the many Catholic girls I know could override their subconsciouses. I think thats why Catholic guys who don’t sleep around before marriage take so long to get married. Waiting. My older brother fell away from the Church and later came back and a nice Catholic girl married him. Those kinds of girls just overlook me even though I have a few advantages over my brother and the fact that I’ve had a very strong spiritual/faith life. I know it’s not good to generalize, but it seems in my diocese, sex life means more than faith life. If I get married I’ll be the first exception to that rule I’ve heard of (and I’ve heard of lots).
So you think you deserve more than your brother simply because he fell into sin? Why does he deserve any less of a good woman than you? Everyone including those that live the most sinful live’s deserve a good man or woman. It seem’s to me your more frustrated at trying to live in line with the Church’s teaching’s and not finding the right woman that you almost see Catholic morality as a hindrance, i can assure you there is a reason he came back to the Church and i’d say he regret’s ever falling away. As for finding the right woman, don’t just look for practicing Catholic’s, be more confident and sociable with all women as since secularist’s are higher in number in society you are more likely to find a good secularist who is compatible with you. Tell me this though, would you want to actually be with a woman who place’s more value on a man based on his sexual experience with women, would you truly be happy with them?
 
🙂 Perhaps TimeEntrance should clarify a bit what he meant (speaking in the 3rd person) by wishing he were more sinful (when I was a kid and teen).

Cultural context might help. I was reared around Black-Americans - thus my ethnicity - of Gen X or maybe I should say the generation that both founded Hip Hop (by and large) and gangsta rap.

By the standards of this board I was a hell raiser. By the standards of the culture I was in I was semi-nerdy. By “sinning” I was thinking more like stealing cars, robbing stores, and probably beating one or more other kids into a coma with baseball bats with others.

I lost my virginity at 13 and first got drunk at 13. I also rode with friends that intended on (though at the time they did not tell me) stealing cars from the suburbs and drive them back into the city. And they did. And I was with them (though not in the stolen vehicle). But I always got intoxicated from age 13 on.

“Exciting” as a male from the culture I come from generally goes hand-in-hand with committing felonies or getting a felony. And few things are as honorable as murdering another male in your age range.

That’s a long way off from the era of soda fountains, white picket fences, and when people named their dogs Fido.

Later… after having completed my military time I drove around with a 9mm Glock, round chambered, laying in my lap, usually as I drank a bottle of whiskey, and maybe occasionally snorted heroin. I was involved in drive-by shootings to laying a entire family on the ground as I pulled out my sawed-off shotgun backing up a couple drunk partners (slang for friends). Eh… I got 8 or more staples put in the top of my head about 2 years ago helping a friend fight some large 50ish year old man. My friend accidentally hit me in the head with the metal pipe he was swinging.

And given that I’m in college that makes me among my peers - even at our old age - pretty “nerdy” and certainly nothing “cool” among the women. Though, some respect it, but respect it like a 18 year old male might respect a nun.

So, when I spoke of wishing I were more “sinful” I was not talking about drinking spiked punch at some school dance.

Frankly, I don’t want a felony. I don’t care what women in general think either. Yes, as fact most will find some crack or heroin addicted dude, with 3 felonies, 7 kids by 5 different women, more attractive than myself. I really care less about their infallible “logic” :rolleyes: and no… I don’t wish to raise 1 or 2 or 3 of their kids fathered by 1 or more men because their infallible logic turned out fallible.

Furthermore, speaking only for myself, but I owe God and need to do some repenting in my life - and still a lot of life conversion.

I will agree with one thing… Catholic females in general are no different.

I disagree with the advice to tell a young Catholic guy sincere about following his faith to find some secular woman that has totally opposite values about marriage, abortion, and spiritual life and Christ in general. It would be better to advise him to consider one of the many Muslim women from the East now living in and going to school in the U.S. and Europe. These women abide by the 1950’s standards of Catholic women.
 
What is to be logically - followed - concluded from this with respects to male promiscuity? That males are in general more immoral than females. :rolleyes:
Ah, we find ourselves debating on this subject again!🙂 To answer your question, no, the conclusion to the sentence wasn’t to say that men are more immoral than women. I don’t believe that at all. When I said “Maybe they’re both the same” I was referring to the intesity of the sexual drives of men and women. Not that the drives are equally expressed ( because they are expressed in different ways), but that they are equally strong in both a feminine and masculine way, respectively. That is all I meant.
A woman will have a difficult time “intellectualizing” herself into the high sex drive of a man that will engage in one night stands with strange, obese, blubbering, and probably dumb women, that males in significant proportions due easily all across the bars and night clubs and other atmospheres of world daily. All helped by the hormone of testosterone working on their brains.
But this is a pretty simple example of the cultural influence which many posters (including myself) addressed on this thread. The reason many men will engage in one-night stands with a less than stellar specimen of womanhood is obvious - something is better than nothing. If a culture demands celibacy of women only, then this will naturally produce a shortage of women who will engage in indiscriminate sex, because they don’t want to be negatively labeled. I suggest this shortage is because of cultural boundaries, and not lower sex drive. I hear a lot of young guys complain about it, and I tend to roll my eyes a bit; when derogatory names are thrown around at promiscuous women (and they still are, despite sexual liberation), it really shouldn’t be too surprising that fewer women will be as willing as men to indulge in their base desires for fear of criticism. I mean, those guys can’t really complain about a problem they’ve created, can they? (all of this referring of course to those who do not respect sexual morality and are simply looking to fornicate)

Women are pickier because they can afford to be pickier. Culture has created a large pool of men allowed to prowl to their hearts’ content, while constraining the drives of women through shaming and labeling. Sure, things are slightly more balanced today, but a double standard still remains despite a rise in degeneracy. This is not an accusation of all men, but I’d wager even most of the good Catholic men on this board have heard male acquaintances use derogatory words towards “loose” women, even if they haven’t used the words themselves. It is those hypocritical types of men who have helped perpetuate this dichotomy they themselves complain about when women who have more men from which to choose pass them over.

On the other hand, we can also observe how men are picky, when they can afford to be so. Look at any wealthy or extraordinarily good-looking man: is his testosterone so potent that he cannot help but mate with any woman who crosses his path? Not at all! In fact we can see just how selective and discriminate he becomes when we observe how readily he will pass over the “strange, obese, and blubbering” women because he is certain there’s a more physically desireable one right around the corner who will be attracted to his wealth and/or looks. (I don’t think he’ll pass over the pretty-but-dumb ones, though - the “dumb” ones are almost sure to stroke his ego;))
The speed at which a male can gain an… (fill in the blank, it begins with an e) evidences the general differences between the two sexes in their general sex drives.
Ah, but women can have multiple orgasms within a shorter time period.😉 And considering that erections are the outward manifestation of male desire, one would almost expect to see them left and right in public, especially with so much female titillation on display. (don’t mean to be crude, but it *does *kind of beg the question: if the male drive is so rampant, why do men remain in a flaccid state more often than not? Shouldn’t they be “ready to go” every time a woman passes by?)
Men also aren’t very discriminating. Women are exceptionally discriminating. In general males will have sex with any strange woman that approaches him in a bar offer services (word begin with the letters o and r). In general women even with high sex drives (for women not for men) will not.
As an additive to my prior explanation above regarding discrimination, a strange man equals a potential physical threat in the eyes of most women. Therefore, desire and attraction aside, most women are not going to put themselves in a vulnerable position with a man they don’t know. This is intellect and reason overriding desire. Men don’t have this reciprocal physical fear of women, so there’s no conscious impediment to their drive. This is why alcohol adds a dangerous mix to a woman’s attraction towards men she doesn’t know well - it lowers her inhibitions and makes her more likely to act out on her physical desire when her brain would normally tell her to take a step back.

BTW, that’s a very nice picture you posted!
 
Ah, we find ourselves debating on this subject again!🙂 To answer your question, no, the conclusion to the sentence wasn’t to say that men are more immoral than women. I don’t believe that at all. When I said “Maybe they’re both the same” I was referring to the intesity of the sexual drives of men and women. Not that the drives are equally expressed ( because they are expressed in different ways), but that they are equally strong in both a feminine and masculine way, respectively. That is all I meant.

But this is a pretty simple example of the cultural influence which many posters (including myself) addressed on this thread. The reason many men will engage in one-night stands with a less than stellar specimen of womanhood is obvious - something is better than nothing. If a culture demands celibacy of women only, then this will naturally produce a shortage of women who will engage in indiscriminate sex, because they don’t want to be negatively labeled. I suggest this shortage is because of cultural boundaries, and not lower sex drive. I hear a lot of young guys complain about it, and I tend to roll my eyes a bit; when derogatory names are thrown around at promiscuous women (and they still are, despite sexual liberation), it really shouldn’t be too surprising that fewer women will be as willing as men to indulge in their base desires for fear of criticism. I mean, those guys can’t really complain about a problem they’ve created, can they? (all of this referring of course to those who do not respect sexual morality and are simply looking to fornicate)

Women are pickier because they can afford to be pickier. Culture has created a large pool of men allowed to prowl to their hearts’ content, while constraining the drives of women through shaming and labeling. Sure, things are slightly more balanced today, but a double standard still remains despite a rise in degeneracy. This is not an accusation of all men, but I’d wager even most of the good Catholic men on this board have heard male acquaintances use derogatory words towards “loose” women, even if they haven’t used the words themselves. It is those hypocritical types of men who have helped perpetuate this dichotomy they themselves complain about when women who have more men from which to choose pass them over.

On the other hand, we can also observe how men are picky, when they can afford to be so. Look at any wealthy or extraordinarily good-looking man: is his testosterone so potent that he cannot help but mate with any woman who crosses his path? Not at all! In fact we can see just how selective and discriminate he becomes when we observe how readily he will pass over the “strange, obese, and blubbering” women because he is certain there’s a more physically desireable one right around the corner who will be attracted to his wealth and/or looks. (I don’t think he’ll pass over the pretty-but-dumb ones, though - the “dumb” ones are almost sure to stroke his ego;))

Ah, but women can have multiple orgasms within a shorter time period.😉 And considering that erections are the outward manifestation of male desire, one would almost expect to see them left and right in public, especially with so much female titillation on display. (don’t mean to be crude, but it *does *kind of beg the question: if the male drive is so rampant, why do men remain in a flaccid state more often than not? Shouldn’t they be “ready to go” every time a woman passes by?)

As an additive to my prior explanation above regarding discrimination, a strange man equals a potential physical threat in the eyes of most women. Therefore, desire and attraction aside, most women are not going to put themselves in a vulnerable position with a man they don’t know. This is intellect and reason overriding desire. Men don’t have this reciprocal physical fear of women, so there’s no conscious impediment to their drive. This is why alcohol adds a dangerous mix to a woman’s attraction towards men she doesn’t know well - it lowers her inhibitions and makes her more likely to act out on her physical desire when her brain would normally tell her to take a step back.

BTW, that’s a very nice picture you posted!
All good points you made! 👍 I think the desire is equally strong in both men and women too. That is true about the multiple orgasms and also very true about it being more dangerous for women to hook up with strange men in a bar, and about the cultural put down towards women who are promiscuous compared to men who do the same. Good post, all good points! 👍
 
Not that the drives are equally expressed ( because they are expressed in different ways), but that they are equally strong in both a feminine and masculine way, respectively. That is all I meant.
I understood that. But the implications seem to be - assuming that were true - that women stoically place value in so many other non-physical things whilst battling the same level of sexual urges and frequencies as males.

I don’t buy that.
But this is a pretty simple example of the cultural influence…
I don’t think culture has anything to do with the effects of the male hormone testosterone on male brains. But it sounds like feminist rhetoric to deny testosterone has a correlative effect on the human brain. Actually, testosterone boosters even for men are supposed to stimulate their sex drives.
I hear a lot of young guys complain about it, and I tend to roll my eyes a bit; when derogatory names are thrown…
Few males care what women do sexually today. Unless she’s sleeping with the whole town or half the football team. Other than that a teenage girl - let alone a young woman - having a different sexual partner every year is no news or gossip at all. It’s status quo. Actually, according to Oprah and other talk shows the generations younger than mine view oral sex as the new French Kissing.

More and more males are accepting male homosexuals and gay marriage - they could care less about females shaking their near naked butts on MTV during college Spring Break in Acapulco. :rolleyes:
Women are pickier because they can afford to be pickier. Culture has created a large pool of men allowed to prowl to their hearts’ content, while constraining the drives of women through shaming and labeling.
More feminist spin. :rolleyes: Women are the greatest discriminators. I recall a woman discriminating against me years ago because according to her I was “the type of man a woman marries.”

But you are right. Women can afford to be pickier. Generally speaking. Alpha females can be pickier than females lower down the totem pole. Alpha males can be pickier than males further down the totem poles.

But discrimination does not necessarily mean God-like righteousness, truth, and accurate predictive powers. Take for instance that roughly 70% (half = 50%, and a majority constitutes at least 51%) of ethnic Black-American women give birth to children out of wedlock. Many of them get impregnated by guys that won’t financially or otherwise support their children. It’s well known among black dudes that as a rule of thumb a Black-American woman in her 20’s will pass up some “nice guy” with nothing but that will in the future earn an MBA for some idiot with his pants hanging down his butt getting arrested stealing soda cans out of a store.

So, pickier maybe but the quality of the choices are subjective at best.
Sure, things are slightly more balanced today, but a double standard still remains despite a rise in degeneracy. This is not an accusation of all men, but I’d wager even most of the good Catholic men on this board have heard male acquaintances use derogatory words towards “loose” women, even if they haven’t used the words themselves. It is those hypocritical types of men who have helped perpetuate this dichotomy they themselves complain about when women who have more men from which to choose pass them over.
Life is not egalitarian. Double standards exist for both sexes. And maybe they should or shouldn’t.
On the other hand, we can also observe how men are picky, when they can afford to be so. Look at any wealthy or extraordinarily good-looking man: is his testosterone so potent that he cannot help but mate with any woman who crosses his path? Not at all! In fact we can see just how selective and discriminate he becomes when we observe how readily he will pass over the “strange, obese, and blubbering” women because he is certain there’s a more physically desireable one right around the corner who will be attracted to his wealth and/or looks. (I don’t think he’ll pass over the pretty-but-dumb ones, though - the “dumb” ones are almost sure to stroke his ego;))
Yeah, I agree with you 100% on that. Such is life.
Ah, but women can have multiple orgasms within a shorter time period.😉
Yeah, probably so.
And considering that erections are the outward manifestation of male desire…
Not always true. Sometimes they happen involuntarily. It happened to me today at school. :o This is a frequent problem of mine and it happens at the worst times.
…one would almost expect to see them left and right in public, especially with so much female titillation on display. (don’t mean to be crude, but it *does *kind of beg the question: if the male drive is so rampant, why do men remain in a flaccid state more often than not? Shouldn’t they be “ready to go” every time a woman passes by?)
Eh… there are degrees to everything. There are a lot of numbers between 0% and 100%. Kind of like a partially of fully lifted bridge.

The other thing is… most women walking by are nothing particularly impressive looking.
As an additive to my prior explanation above regarding discrimination, a strange man equals a potential physical threat in the eyes of most women.
Most women would walk through a dark alley with Jack the Ripper before they would with Jesus Christ. They’d probably try to talk Jacky R. into stabbing Jesus in the eye with pocket knife and running off with his loot. :rolleyes:

Not that men are any better. In fact they’d likely do worse to Jesus all the while laughing.

I appreciate your kind words on the photo. You needn’t have felt obliged though. I was not fishing for compliments or charity.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top