Sister Lucy Dies!

• Thread starter Thread starter Catholic29
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catholic29

reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=7612596
LISBON (Reuters) - Lucia de Jesus dos Santos, last survivor of three children to whom the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared at Fatima in central Portugal, died on Sunday aged 97, Lusa news agency reported.

Dos Santos, one of the women to have most influenced Catholicism in the 20th century, died at her convent at Coimbra in central Portugal, Lusa said.

The apparitions made Fatima one of Catholicism’s most revered sites.
Pray a rosary…😦

God Have Mercy on us.God take her to your sacred heart.God Bless

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord
And let perpetual light shine upon her…
May the souls of the faithful departed,
throught they mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

I will pray a rosary…😦

Today is the 13th and all the appearances of Mary were on the 13th you’d have to have your eyes closed not to see GOD’S hand at work. Even in death Lucia is pointing to Mary.

40.png
Leo44:
Today is the 13th and all the appearances of Mary were on the 13th you’d have to have your eyes closed not to see GOD’S hand at work. Even in death Lucia is pointing to Mary.
Code:
Wow…you are astute!!! 👍

Another note, we now have another undeclared Carmelite Saint. We can be sure it won’t take long for the miracles to begin to show up, and she’ll be declared soon.

I just saw on the news that SIster Lucy has died today. I checked on CNN.com and it was also reported there. Go to
cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/02/13/portugal.fatima.reut/index.html
if you want to read the story.

What does this mean as far as the Fatima prophecies go? I thought Lucy was to remain here as a witness to the Truth, and that she was to see the beginning of the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart. But, I guess God has other plans.

Kerry
Futurist in training

I just saw it scroll across the bottom of the screen on CNN. I felt a bit of a chill go through me–it feels like losing a member of my family–Sister Lucia has been a part of my life ever since I was old enough to read the book about Fatima in our elementary school library.

Eternal rest grant unto her, Oh Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.

40.png
kerry:
I just saw on the news that SIster Lucy has died today. I checked on CNN.com and it was also reported there. Go to
cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/02/13/portugal.fatima.reut/index.html
if you want to read the story.

What does this mean as far as the Fatima prophecies go? I thought Lucy was to remain here as a witness to the Truth, and that she was to see the beginning of the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart. But, I guess God has other plans.

Kerry
Futurist in training
Can you with out a doubt say that the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart has not begun?

And I must say it again. Fatima is private revelation. Belief in it is not required.

40.png
ByzCath:
Can you with out a doubt say that the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart has not begun?

And I must say it again. Fatima is private revelation. Belief in it is not required.
Well according to the reasons that the President won here in the US was the moral stance on the issues,I would say that is a triumphant thing that people are starting to take morals seriously:) God bless

Her death may signify something. Perhaps the Pope’s illness and her passing are linked to something Bigger.

Sunday, Feb. 13, 2005 7:28 p.m. EST
Fatima Visionary Dies at 97

Sister Lucia, the last of the three children to see the Blessed
Virgin at Fatima in 1917, died Sunday at her Carmelite convent at
Coimbra in central Portugal.

“She had been weak for several weeks and had not left her cell,”
Coimbra Bishop Albino Cleto told the Church’s Radio Renascenca,
according to Reuters.

Born Lucia Dos Santos, the 97-year-old Carmelite nun was the last of
the three visionaries who saw and spoke with the Virgin Mary.

The other two, her cousins Jacinta and Francisco Marta, died during
the influenza pandemic in 1919 and 1920.

While playing in a field outside the village of Fatima during World
War I the three children saw a flash of light on top of a small
evergreen tree. The light, the children said, turned out to be the
Virgin Mary who asked that they come back on the 13th of each month
for the next six months, at which times she would tell them who she
was and what she wanted.

During the apparitions, the Virgin Mary made several prophecies,
telling the children that if man did not stop offending God, a second
great war would begin during the reign of Pope Pius XI. Twenty-Two
years later, World War II broke out in Europe.

She also warned that Russia, unless converted, would wreak havoc upon
the world. This was before the rise of the Soviet Union.

Mary also confided to the girls the so-called Third Secret. The
Secret was to be read by the pope in office in 1960 and then
publicized. As it turned out, Pope John XXIII was the pope at that
time who read the secret and decided to not reveal its contents.

The contents of the Third Secret were shared with John XXIII’s
successors. In June 2000, Pope John Paul II released the Third
Secret. The message, as recounted by Lucia, warned of tribulation for
the world and persecution of the Catholic Church, including the
shooting of the pope.

Sister Lucia recently made headlines when it was revealed that she
and her sisters were met by actor Mel Gibson, who gave the nuns a
private showing of his film “The Passion of the Christ.”

40.png
Leo44:
Yes everything points to that date, even the attempt on the Popes life was May 13th 1981.

I’m sure Mary came to her and took her up to our Lord, so I’m feeling confident she’s in heaven now.

Something still bothers me about the third secret. I don’t think that it referred to the shooting of John Paul II that took place, but perhaps it hasn’t taken place yet. Though there is really nothing to back up my assertation.
If supposing I’m right, then concerning all the so-called persecution of the Church we’re seeing now, I’m afraid it’ll be worse and that we ‘ain’t seen nothing yet…’

Eternal Rest grant unto her O Lord,

And Let Perpetual Light shine upon her!

May her soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed

Rest in peace!

Amen!

Sister Lucia Pray For Us!

I have to agree with some of the posts that this could be the beginning of something bigger. Look at the international news, especially regarding Iran and North Korea.

I do feel sadness for Sr. Lucy’s passing. As a child and as an adult I was always fascinated with Our Lady of Fatima because it did occur in the 20th century and for me that is still so recent.

I will pray for Sr. Lucia

Talk about being out of the loop!! If I hadn’t gotten on here today, I probably wouldn’t have found out. :crying: I was definately shocked by this. And I’m glad that it was pointed out that it was the 13th. Yes, the visions were on the 13th, the attempt on the Pope’s life was on the 13th, and now she has passed on the 13th. But what it may, or may not, point to isn’t for us to say at this time. Although I can say that I don’t think it was a mere coincidence. :hmmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back