UPDATE:
I don’t believe that I have updated in awhile, so…
In February, I had a core needle biopsy of a lymph node. The first result was no evidence of lymphoma. Due to the nature of the biopsy and the limited sample taken, doctor ordered additional testing which yielded a result of AngioImmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma. But, this result would only have been pronounced on a patient with a known cancer history. Had I no history of cancer, the diagnosis would not have been made. If true, this means that the cancer I have been treated for has mutated into a slightly different form, which has the researchers puzzled. Doctor was not comfortable with that biopsy, as he had ordered a more reliable type. Due to a miscommunication, it was done differently. So, March 17th (Saint Patrick’s day) they took a chunk out of a lymph node that was between my upper rib cage and arm. No evidence of lymphoma in that sample. It gets complicated, but the bottom line is that no one on earth can say if I have cancer right now or not. While not the best news, it is far from the worst.
I credit the continuous prayers of my brothers and sisters in Christ for the fact that I still tread this earth. I ask the Lord to store up treasure in His kingdom for each of you and to grant you the holy perseverance in faith that will allow you to enjoy the beatific vision for all eternity. Amen!
Prayers continue for you.
God bless
Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen