Small Questions about The Miracle of The Sun...

  • Thread starter Thread starter NormalBeliever
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Others have also experienced this same phenomena…Including Pope Pius Xll at the vatican in 1950. markmallett.com/blog/fatima-and-the-great-shaking/
ROME, NOV. 4, 2008 (Zenit.org).- According to his own testimony, the Pope who declared the dogma of the Assumption saw the “miracle of the sun” four times.
This information is confirmed by a handwritten, unpublished note from Pope Pius XII, which is part of the “Pius XII: The Man and the Pontificate” display. The display opened in the Vatican to the public today and will run through Jan. 6.
Whatever it is about this cited website, it was well reported in the news that Pope Pius XII said He Himself witnessed a vision of the Miracle of the Sun in the Vatican.
 
shrineofsaintjude.net/home1341.html

Excellent photos of the crowd on this webpage.

One I had never seen before, the big one on the upper page, it’s Portugal because the hat is of the style they wear there (or did wear). It serves no real purpose to post the picture unless someone just can not open the webpage, I would post it.
 
shrineofsaintjude.net/home1341.html

Excellent photos of the crowd on this webpage.

One I had never seen before, the big one on the upper page, it’s Portugal because the hat is of the style they wear there (or did wear). It serves no real purpose to post the picture unless someone just can not open the webpage, I would post it.
Yep, those are the 1920’s hats, alright. Nobody wears them arround here thise days.
 
Yep, those are the 1920’s hats, alright. Nobody wears them arround here thise days.
The hat I mean and I have seen them more from Portugal but also some other Europeans have worn them are like this as on one coat of arms for the country of Argentina. I don’t know what these kinds of caps is probably a better word are called.



Slightly off topic but these kinds of caps seemed very common over there, I don’t know about nowadays.
 
So this website tells me I cannot trust the Vatican Website.
Give me a break.

shrineofsaintjude.net/home1330.html#The%20Results%20of%20a%20Scientific%20Study

Further, it is my opinion that the number of differences noted in my comparison indicates that it is unlikely the Questioned Document “Third Secret” the Four-Page Document the Vatican released] was written by the same person who authored the purported known writings by Sister Lucy.
​
 
I repeat my question then:

If people could actually use cameras and take a picture of the sun there…then why couldn’t they run and panic as well?
They probably could have, but they were “expecting” a miracle and who wold run from that, no matter how awe inspiring. Maybe that was another miracle in itself. Many thought the world was ending. Where would you run to!! God Bless. Memaw
 
So this website tells me I cannot trust the Vatican Website.
Give me a break.

shrineofsaintjude.net/home1330.html#The%20Results%20of%20a%20Scientific%20Study

Further, it is my opinion that the number of differences noted in my comparison indicates that it is unlikely the Questioned Document “Third Secret” the Four-Page Document the Vatican released] was written by the same person who authored the purported known writings by Sister Lucy.
​
Give me a break, so you are saying this picture is NOT valid. Kindly submit your evidence that this picture is not authentic and without a google similar picture search please guide me to another source that has the same photo.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Are you saying this photo is not authentic?? I guess if we are to use bandwidth to please you, so will do.

You will note, I mentioned nothing at all about the contents of that website, I don’t think anything on that specific webpage is against Vatican teaching as well. Give me a break, I see that the website referenced the Consecration of Russia. I didn’t know beyond holding opinion the website said not to trust Vatican teaching.

I believe someone only referenced this picture not readily found anywhere else and perhaps being in India or perhaps they are in the old Portuguese colonized part of India, they have some artifacts of the Fatima event we do not.

I note, you reference a webpage that I did not cite. Give me a break, no one expects someone to go hunting down a webpage. Even if I had just posted the photo for discussion, it could still be tracked down to that website and one could say the same things.

If your reason is that we can not use to photo not shown anywhere else because a webpage that one did not cite even is being used to be critical of something that has nothing to do with the photo, so be it. This does not seem reasonable.

I’m not even sure your statement that is saying these people are telling us not to trust the Vatican is correct. It seems you are saying that one can’t even post some counter-opinion in a website. Give me a break, I use a webpage to merely show a picture, you pick some webpage that I’m not using and then seem to speak of them saying they do not trust the Vatican on the basis of posting some handwriting analysis. This does not seem fair.
 
People are old enough to judge things for themselves, I note early in the thread a “book” to read by link was posted and nothing was said. The book story was probably still correct in large part even if it came from an organization some would question.

For all that we know, the photo above may well come from I believe it is called Goa India, Portuguese colonized India so it appears quite possible that almost 100 years after Fatima, there are still some photos of that day in the Cova da Iria we still have not seen. In India, they may have had access to some of these pictures, really pretty remarkable.
 
The hat I mean and I have seen them more from Portugal but also some other Europeans have worn them are like this as on one coat of arms for the country of Argentina. I don’t know what these kinds of caps is probably a better word are called.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...a.svg/250px-Coat_of_arms_of_Argentina.svg.png

Slightly off topic but these kinds of caps seemed very common over there, I don’t know about nowadays.
We call it Phrygian cap.
It is a symbol for freedom.
Here is Wikipedia .
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_cap

Have a nice day!🙂
 
Oh dear, wikipedia has articles on all kinds of articles on subjects I won’t mention. Maybe that website can’t be used! :rolleyes:
I apologize then.
I have studied it in Spanish when we look into our history.You may look for info where you find suitable. If you wish.🙂
 
Originally Posted by NormalBeliever View Post
I repeat my question then:
If people could actually use cameras and take a picture of the sun there…then why couldn’t they run and panic as well?
Where would they run to? Everything was in the open and there was very little of anything to hide under.

May God our Father give you grace and peace.
 
The hat I mean and I have seen them more from Portugal but also some other Europeans have worn them are like this as on one coat of arms for the country of Argentina. I don’t know what these kinds of caps is probably a better word are called.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...a.svg/250px-Coat_of_arms_of_Argentina.svg.png

Slightly off topic but these kinds of caps seemed very common over there, I don’t know about nowadays.
That sort of hat is called a “Barrete”. It’s nowdays only used by recreational dancers and bull wrestlers, [In Portuguise, Pegadores de Touros or Forcados].

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Forcado_numa_Pega_de_Caras_no_Campo_Pequeno.jpg(image larger than 4096KB)



Here, you can see the cap in the Forcado and in the shoulder of the outfit. There’s a black version also, which is the one you see in the images, which is the Fisherman’s Barrete, used more on the near sea areas.

The Barrete shows in the coart of arms of Argentina because a significant part of Argentinian territory once belonged to Portugal, but was given to Spanish rule after the Tordesilhas treaty. It’s not exactly a phrygian cap, but it’a a descendant of the original phrygian caps brought to this area by the roman freed slaves, who were allowed to wear them to state that they were free men.
 
Give me a break, so you are saying this picture is NOT valid. Kindly submit your evidence that this picture is not authentic and without a google similar picture search please guide me to another source that has the same photo.

Are you saying this photo is not authentic?? I guess if we are to use bandwidth to please you, so will do.

You will note, I mentioned nothing at all about the contents of that website, I don’t think anything on that specific webpage is against Vatican teaching as well. Give me a break, I see that the website referenced the Consecration of Russia. I didn’t know beyond holding opinion the website said not to trust Vatican teaching.

I believe someone only referenced this picture not readily found anywhere else and perhaps being in India or perhaps they are in the old Portuguese colonized part of India, they have some artifacts of the Fatima event we do not.

I note, you reference a webpage that I did not cite. Give me a break, no one expects someone to go hunting down a webpage. Even if I had just posted the photo for discussion, it could still be tracked down to that website and one could say the same things.

If your reason is that we can not use to photo not shown anywhere else because a webpage that one did not cite even is being used to be critical of something that has nothing to do with the photo, so be it. This does not seem reasonable.

I’m not even sure your statement that is saying these people are telling us not to trust the Vatican is correct. It seems you are saying that one can’t even post some counter-opinion in a website. Give me a break, I use a webpage to merely show a picture, you pick some webpage that I’m not using and then seem to speak of them saying they do not trust the Vatican on the basis of posting some handwriting analysis. This does not seem fair.
Greetings Path_Finder,

My complaint was not against you or your picture.
Actually, i enjoyed looking at the picture. My complaint is against the webmaster.

It is reasonable to assume the Vatican website posts material consistent with the views of the Holy Father.
Sister Lucia took an oath of obedience to the Church, and by extension to the Pope.
Not everyone had access to her as she was a cloistered nun.
However, it is certain that the Pope did have the resources to communicate with her.
The same cannot be said for others who claim to have evidence that
she said that the consecration of 1984 did not fulfill Mary’s wishes.

Pope Benedict XVI, previous to being the Pope,
revealed the Third Secret as it is published as it is here

defendingthebride.com/ss/day/cont.html

Since, my making of that web page the Vatican published their own web page here

doctrinafidei.va/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20000626_message-fatima_en.html

So, I updated my page with appropriate links.

It is not reasonable to assume that the Pope, or by extension the Vatican Website publisher :

A. Did not have the resources to contact Sister Lucia while she was alive. or
B. That they did not correctly understand her position. or
C. That they Misrepresent her position, or
D. That they intentionally are deceiving others on both what the
Third Secret consisted of and what
Sister Lucia said about affirming the the consecration of March 25, 1984 as
fulfilling Mary’s request at Fatima

Yet, does not a person have to hold one of these above assumptions to believe the claims of the website i objected to ?
I don’t consider this just to be a matter of opinion on which good Catholics can differ.

Sorry, i was not more clear on my previous post. Again, Path Finder,
my objection is not against you or your picture or your post, just against that website.
.
 
No. There is no contradiction in my post about Fatima.
Please read it AGAIN.

No. You misstated my “argument.” Please read it AGAIN.

I did not say the mud would have prevented them from running. It would have made it harder to run fast and be a hazard to others.

Timeline:
  1. Rain. They get soaked.
  2. Vision of Miracle, sun.
  3. For the most part is was after the vision is over when they realized their clothes and ground was dry. During the vision itself they were most concerned about what God was revealing through this message.
If they thought it was the end of the world, Where NormalBeliever, would You imagine it be safe to go ?

My point, which you obviously missed, was that this happened in an open field. Even if there was a place to go to escape the end of the world, or the Sun coming to the earth, and even if the people who thought that they might soon meet their Creator had decided to ignore and insult their Creator by running from this heavenly vision He had just given to them, they would not, according to your proposed speculation of wanting to insult God, run and panic, etc., run in the same direction or to the same place.

Panic can be a problem when people all run in the same direction and a mob by the force of its numbers tramples a few in a confined space like a small doorway in a movie theater.

NO. Not at all. The real mystery is why you want to focus on trivial and endless speculations and not do the important thing of focusing on giving your heart to Jesus through Mary.

Idle speech and thoughts will take you to hell. The Truth will take you to heaven.

see
defendingthebride.com/ss/pope/

.
Well,sorry if I seemed to ignore your argument.But I really wanted these defenses of Fatima to be strong so that is why I might have entered the speculation domain and might have thought about this so much I simply made a mistake.

Eitherway,thanks for clarifying this to me.
 
…

The question why the crowd didn’t panic and run still remains unsolved…
I believe someone answered this upthread–rhetorically:

Run…where??? The WORLD is [perceived to be] coming to an end…what…you’re going to run to the moon? Mars?? Venus??? Running might not even be a cumpulsory reaction–perhaps natural–to some–but not necessarily to all.

…and then everything cleared up. It was a matter of minutes.
 
.But I really wanted these defenses of Fatima to be strong so that is why I might have entered the speculation domain

.
Thanks for the explanation.
Good Job. Together we can promote God and how He works through Mary and Fatima. 🙂

.
 
interesting to see – the modern version of the miracle of the sun,

like in (megegorie) u tube-- watch the spinning orb

that as occured in different places –

but there is a speculation that it was a UFO

Everyone has heard by now about the miracle of the sun at Fatima.But…I have a question.

What REALLY happened there?

The sun danced.But really…

there has been – reports of UFO’s that are huge–

or how about – Mike Hoggard, American Goddess: The Hidden Secret Inside The Statue of Liberty

youtu.be/c3G1egW-wrw
 
Thanks for the explanation.
Good Job. Together we can promote God and how He works through Mary and Fatima. 🙂

.
I have now another speculation:

In some pictures we have people who look into the sun putting their hands above their eyes as if to shield them from the sun.This contradicts the fact witnesses said it did not hurt their eyes to look at the sun

Please answer this speculation for me.This is the last speculation I have.Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top