R
rotlex
Guest
OK, this is kind of a follow up to my post a while back about the NRSV Catholic vs NRSV with Apocrypha. I was looking at a Cambridge Reference edition NRSV w\Apocrypha and was wondering what the differences were. (Found out the CE vs Apocrypha are no different, other than the order of the books, so I went ahead and ordered the Cambridge).
Anyway, other than falling in love at first smell with the French Moroccan Leather of the Cambridge,
, I’m really starting the enjoy the NRSV translation. It is my first time reading through it, and praying with it, as I have used the DR and RSV-CE for a very long time now. I was very concerned that the inclusive language of the NRSV would bother me, but I’m finding that with the footnotes, and my familiarity with the text, it is really not bothering me.
What I AM enjoying, is the fluidness of the translation. I am gaining things from it that I guess I never noticed before. Frankly, I think it reads better than any translation I have dealt with, and I may wind up making it my primary for home reading and prayer time.
Anyone feel the same way about this translation, regardless of the inclusive language? All in all, other than in a few places, I think it is overblown, and in some ways, actually makes more sense. (Just personal opinions here, not looking to debate it at all).
Anyway, other than falling in love at first smell with the French Moroccan Leather of the Cambridge,
What I AM enjoying, is the fluidness of the translation. I am gaining things from it that I guess I never noticed before. Frankly, I think it reads better than any translation I have dealt with, and I may wind up making it my primary for home reading and prayer time.
Anyone feel the same way about this translation, regardless of the inclusive language? All in all, other than in a few places, I think it is overblown, and in some ways, actually makes more sense. (Just personal opinions here, not looking to debate it at all).