L
Laktian
Guest
… and we’ve been dating for a few months. We’re both Catholic - he is a cultural Catholic and I am a convert. Prior to dating me, he was in a long-term sexual relationship of 5+ years with his ex-fianceé. I basically told him straight-up from the beginning that pre-marital sex isn’t for me. He said it was okay although he’s tested the waters a couple of times since, I’ve stood firm in my convictions - it’s not going to happen, pure and simple.
Being chaste in dating is hugely important to me, but he talks of the need to keep the passion alive without sex and wants us to find a good “compromise”. He wants us to engage in french kissing and said it would be so nice to wake up next to me in his bed! I said that I don’t believe in that, he says “some people’s faith is deeper than others”.
As far as I’m concerned, dating - or courting, if you will - should be as simple and innocent as possible. A quick kiss on the lips (not french kissing!) and a hug (not in a bed!) snd maybe some hand-holding and a lot of chatting and spending time together… is this a wrong view of Catholic dating?
Usually I’m so good with knowing what’s right and what’s not right for me, and I keep thinking that I should end it with him, but at the same time, I think what if this is the person God wants me to marry and I kick him to the curb like that. I’m totally irrational about the whole thing and would appreciate any non-bias (name removed by moderator)ut - the more honest, the better!
Being chaste in dating is hugely important to me, but he talks of the need to keep the passion alive without sex and wants us to find a good “compromise”. He wants us to engage in french kissing and said it would be so nice to wake up next to me in his bed! I said that I don’t believe in that, he says “some people’s faith is deeper than others”.
As far as I’m concerned, dating - or courting, if you will - should be as simple and innocent as possible. A quick kiss on the lips (not french kissing!) and a hug (not in a bed!) snd maybe some hand-holding and a lot of chatting and spending time together… is this a wrong view of Catholic dating?
Usually I’m so good with knowing what’s right and what’s not right for me, and I keep thinking that I should end it with him, but at the same time, I think what if this is the person God wants me to marry and I kick him to the curb like that. I’m totally irrational about the whole thing and would appreciate any non-bias (name removed by moderator)ut - the more honest, the better!